• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

☆ ~ The Wing Cap ~ ☆ (Somewhat outdated)

jmanxiv

Smash Apprentice
I believe a great mario player once said " Mario's Dtilt is as usefull as sticking your ***** in a grinder"

DtJ XeroXen

The biggest fraud
NNID
XeroXen
...You guys made a remake of Dtilt is too good? LOL

YBM, I'm glad to know that a God Kai will be playing Mario, he is too good, much like his Dtilt in that video.

Y.b.M.

Smash Master
Because He's a low tier...And I Like the challenge. I was getting kinda tired of the Old routine and decided to play characters that take work to defeat Top tier Characters.

Famous

Smash Champion
Because He's a low tier...And I Like the challenge. I was getting kinda tired of the Old routine and decided to play characters that take work to defeat Top tier Characters.

This and because he's fun to play...He's also my favorite character

:mad:

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
Lolwut? Uthrow is his wo - oh yeah, it's not Melee. >__>
I mainly use Up Throw if I want to create some space and charge FLUDD. Great job!

HeroMystic

Legacy of the Mario
NNID
HeroineYaoki
3DS FC
2191-8960-7738
Little nitpick on the U-throw: It can be used as a kill move, depending on the situation. On Final Destination, it kills Mario at 180%. This task becomes much either depending on stages like Halberd. I always keep this as a secret weapon if players are lasting far too long in fights.

:mad:

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
Little nitpick on the U-throw: It can be used as a kill move, depending on the situation. On Final Destination, it kills Mario at 180%. This task becomes much either depending on stages like Halberd. I always keep this as a secret weapon if players are lasting far too long in fights.
I noticed this same thing today in a match on Brinstar, Uthrow killed at 140% when nothing else would.

echonebula

Smash Rookie
Nice job with the guide. It's very helpful. When do you think you'll finish it? I can't wait.

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
That is what I use Back-throw for...

I use Up-throw to get people above me when D-throw stops comboing.

Fire!

Smash Champion
NNID
Fire149
3DS FC
2809-9924-8928
OK, so Jabs/Tilts should be out early tomorrow. I will probably finish all of Series 1 by Saturday but here's my problem.

Concerning the Cape, I'm not sure how I should format it. A lot of things that do with the Cape are things I consider ATs (Cape Stalling, Cape Gliding, Cape Teleport) so I'm not sure exactly what I should do for the introduction. Should I keep it short and go on an explain each AT individually or group them into the introduction? And if I keep the Cape video short, what should I include in it? A Cape quote would also be appreciated.

And about Super Jump Punch, it will be pretty much a reupload of the preview with some tweaks and a video of Mario recovering and OOS. If anyone wants to suggest anything, please do so.

The old preview is here - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XrU9L6eagGU

I am also going to be extending the list of videos to include all ATs that I'm planning to make so tell me if I miss something. One more thing. After I upload a few AT videos, I'm thinking of uploading Mario matches that highlight every AT that the particular Mario uses (if the Mario uses FIHL, it will be noted in the corner.) Hopefully this will make up for me not using actual matches in my video and provide an intresting alternative.

That's all I got now.

Famous

Smash Champion
"The Cape of Confusion" should be the quote

One of my matches show every cape AT, lol
Cape Dashing, Cape Gliding, Cape Stalling and a hybrid version of Cape Teleportation...

I would demonstrate every AT by itself...

HeroMystic

Legacy of the Mario
NNID
HeroineYaoki
3DS FC
2191-8960-7738
That is what I use Back-throw for...

I use Up-throw to get people above me when D-throw stops comboing.
I dislike back-throw as a kill move. Not only is it super-obvious and therefore easily DI'd with a prepared momentum breaking, but it also doesn't kill unless you're very close to the edge. Back-throw should always be used just to get your opponent off the stage, not for killing. It is very unreliable as a kill move.

Fire!

Smash Champion
NNID
Fire149
3DS FC
2809-9924-8928
Here it is - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ka8ijdwGBG8 Jabs/Tilts

Please voice your opinion on the Cape question.

Making AT list now.

Edit:
Cape Glide
Cape Stall
Cape Dash
Cape Jump
Cape Teleport
Cape ****
CILL
FIHL
Ledge Grabbing
FLUDD Spacing
Ledge Canceling
FLUDD Boost
Reverse FLUDD
FLUDD KO
Walljumping
"The Reach Around"
"Mario's Triple Jump"
Fireball to Spike (Not really an AT...)

All I can think of off the top of my head. Did I miss something? I know I did.

Judge Judy

Smash Lord
Make sure ledge canceling includes both the cape and Up B. Also, mention various ledge and planking strategies.

HeroMystic

Legacy of the Mario
NNID
HeroineYaoki
3DS FC
2191-8960-7738
Concerning the Cape, I'm not sure how I should format it. A lot of things that do with the Cape are things I consider ATs (Cape Stalling, Cape Gliding, Cape Teleport) so I'm not sure exactly what I should do for the introduction. Should I keep it short and go on an explain each AT individually or group them into the introduction? And if I keep the Cape video short, what should I include in it? A Cape quote would also be appreciated.
Group them together, and make sure you go over each individually but briefly. The majority are laid out on my section of Mario_101's ultimate guide if you need quotes.

Fire!

Smash Champion
NNID
Fire149
3DS FC
2809-9924-8928
Mario_101, if you finished that ledgecamping section you asked about, nows the time.

Fire!

Smash Champion
NNID
Fire149
3DS FC
2809-9924-8928
Super Jump Punch rereleased! - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wSYBG_1gmFE
Made some small changes.

Also, I've decided to keep the Cape video short because of editing problems. I'll have cape stalling included in the into the intro with a note at the end linking them to the other ATs when I make them.

Subscribe to me if you already havent :D

DtJ XeroXen

The biggest fraud
NNID
XeroXen
Fire Mario, I just saved a replay of Cape Teleport today, do you want me to send that to you sometime this week?

I was so shocked when I did it that I didn't stagespike afterwards, but oh well.

Fire!

Smash Champion
NNID
Fire149
3DS FC
2809-9924-8928
Well, that saves me some time trying to pull it off. I'll add your Wii numbers and credit you in the video.

And thanks!

Fire!

Smash Champion
NNID
Fire149
3DS FC
2809-9924-8928
4369 3850 3355 1487

Have you added. Vato break, I need yours and Mario_101 did you send those replays/PMs?

Top Bottom