• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

(」・ω・)」 MARS la Marf in Smash 4 (/・ω・)/

VietGeek

Smash Hero
and then there was lord of emblems

and the second steal

and the wandering weeaboo with the whimpering bamboo stick

Zano

Smash Master
NNID
DuelistZano
Chapter 2: Roark n Roll!

After arriving in Oreburgh city, I make my way to the mines to go find Roark. My pokemon encounter there was a geodude, which I got down to low yellow health and attempted to catch with no success. I decided to attack it one more time, since it wouldn't be enough to kill it, but sure enough, I got a crit and missed my opportunity at getting a pokemon in this area :urg:. Continuing on through the cave, I came to realize a VERY big issue after facing the trainers & wild pokemon in here. All of my attacks, with the exception of rock smash, are ineffective against rock types, and 2 of my pokemon are weak to rock, one of them being the pokemon that knows rock smash, which isn't good in the slightest. This made not catching that geodude even more drastic, as I was very low on options at this point. I made my way to Roark and he returned to the gym, while I made my way out of the mines. I had once chance left, the area right above Oreburgh city.

I had to catch this pokemon no matter what, so I made sure I had enough pokeballs and made my way there. In this area, there are two things I want, and one thing I don't want. What I really wanted was a machop, since he's a fighting type and I'd just breeze through the gym no prob. A geodude would be good too for his defense, but would require more strategy. What I didn't want, is a ponyta, because then I would be almost definitely ****ed. Now, while ponyta is not very common, I had to hope I didn't have Nike's terrible luck, so I headed towards the grass, and awaited my fate. Thankfully, it was not a ponyta, but it also was not a machop. A geodude was now before me, and I would not fail this time. I carefully attacked it, making sure I wouldn't kill it even with a crit, and in time, I caught it and named it Uber. Now, my plan for now was to raise this bad boy's level up to a point where he could hold his own against Roark.

I got him to lv 14 before taking on Roark, and had everything planned out. First up was Geodude dittos, this is the most important part of the battle for me. I start off with 2 rock polishes to make sure I can go before his onyx and cranidos, and with his geodude only doing 3 damage per tackle to me, I wasn't worried about crits. After being fast enough, I defense curled to the max, so his attacks were only doing 1 damage. I took down his geodude with a few rock smashes, did the same to his onyx, but made sure to heal before the finishing blow. However, after killing his Onyx, my geodude grew to lv 15, and little did I know, he learns magnitude at that level! This blew away any doubts I had about beating Roark, as I proceeded to get an 8 magnitude, wiping out his Cranidos in one blow. Uber did me proud today, and I expect big things from him in this run.

After beating Roark, I proceed back to Jubelife to take out the team galactic grunts that hassle Rowan and make my way to Route 204. My pokemon encounter here was bidoof, so I have secured my hm slave, very good. I named him Penta and proceeded towards Floaroma Town.

Current Team:

FOW the chimchar lv 14
Justin the Starly lv 13
El Campeon the Shinx lv 12
Bokkie the zubat lv 11
Madoka the Shinx lv 11
Uber the Geodude lv 16

Boxed:

Penta the Bidoof lv 9

Not putting terribly much priority on this, so it's coming out kinda slow. I'll see if I can get out a chapter at least every other day.

En.Ee.Oh

Smash Champion
I feel like when you're adamant about being frame perfect with things like PSC and buffer windows TV's make a huge difference. I really prefer to play on old dated televisions with no additional new technology so I don't have to worry about my timing being off. So many TV's I've played on and I could notice a subtle difference that throws off a lot of my tech.

#randomsleepdeprivedpost

PEACE7

Smash Champion
The same thing happens to me, the difference is very noticeable. And Idk if this happens to anyone but when I switch from a big tv to a small one it also affects me.

Reizilla

The Old Lapras and the Sea
So I'm basically done with classes until my one final on Tuesday. Time to finish this Nuzlocke thing.

holyv

Smash Journeyman
i have no idea why i did this, but i did....

I know it's not funny at all, but i think it's appropriated to post a picture of a retired melee player on a brawl character boards.

Reizilla

This next chapter that I'm writing... :( I'll post it up to Electric girl. I'm probably gonna lose here.

Cyzs

Smash Cadet
ALRIGHT I'm drunk and finished lurking for a couple years so here I am Marth Boards!

How's life going, people?

Cyzs

Smash Cadet
Mississippi (dirty dirty south)

I don't go to tourneys (as much as I'd love to) cuz where would I go lol.
I'm bad but I think I'm goood.

C.J.

Smash Master
Congrats C.J.
Purple def makes the name better :)
Thanks =)
Sorry your namesake was terrible.

hey gratz cj its about time
Thank you!

Cj def deserves in, props
<3 Domo

Bull****, where's my purple name?!
I ate it, sorry =(

Anyone know who won that tourny with ramin orion and anaky?
Anaky got 5th iirc. Ramin 3-1'd Kasper in WF 3-0'd Orion in GF

Just so you all know, my laptop (and a lot of other stuff) was stolen from my car yesterday. As a result my access to getting online is going to be more restricted than in the past and I lost a lot of critiques for people I was about to put up. Raz, Almo, and Peace I'll start re-working on yours. No guarantees as to when they'll be ready. If anyone else needs matches looked at, your best bet is to put them on my FB wall (C.J. Pratt) or email it to me (nobody045@yahoo.com).

Reizilla

That's terrible to hear :/ Hope you can get things straightened out.

C.J.

Smash Master
It sucks, but it's just stuff so whatever. I feel bad taking so long to do the videos critiques. Filled out a police report so whatever happens, happens. I have an old laptop of mine, but the battery doesn't hold a charge so I can't take it anywhere, xD. Lightest desktop ever!

M@v

Subarashii!
Hope the police figure everything out with your laptop and other stuff(and catch whoever did it) :3

Looking forward to working with you and the rest of the bbr cj ^^

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
:(

I would probably die

or at least cry

if my current laptop was stolen.

I WOULD BE LIKE, OMG $3000!!!
Fortunately it's hard for thieves stealing modern electronic equipment to 'get away with it'. All pawn shops and the like cannot accept such items without a police check, and you need to give full name/details. Most mobile phones can be permanently locked from using any network in Australia. I'm pretty sure I could set my laptop to basically explode within itself if I could be bothered.

C.J.

Smash Master
All together I lost ~1k.

But what can you do? I have my old laptop, and my professors gave me an extension on my hw.

I need to get a new external hard drive though.

Give me my purple, Shaya <3

Unfortunately I lost my booklet so I don't have my laptop's serial number. So I might get lucky at pawn shops when I go check.

Top Bottom