• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

0-movement 0-death

DYF

Smash Cadet
Hi!
Well I thought I'd post this mostly cause I was bored and partly because I keep seeing new things that I've been doing for a bit and other people post them sometime after I've already knew about it. So this is my attempt to add something original to the community :chuckle:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EZm-En-8tSAhttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EZm-En-8tSA

Its done by using brawls amazing buffer system.
And because I failed to explain how to do it the first time..
Okay here's an explanation:
Smash control stick away from opponent to back throw
Quickly press grab
QUICKLY smash control stick in the same direction
Press grab

Rinse and repeat.

The good side of this is thats its very platform friendly and doesn't require light fingers to do. So that may help those of you that are having trouble doing throws without dashing.

Let me know what you guys think :)

Saltix

Smash Lord
can you post the input commands for this? I asked about it in my other thread, but the IC boards don't seem to be as friendly :[

Samsquamptch

Smash Cadet
Quickly press grab
Press grab

Rinse and repeat.

I just did it on Snake, Marth, and Metaknight so it should be able to be done on everyone.

IMHO this is going to become the new standard in IC grab combos

Speedsk8er

Smash Champion
THis is pretty much the only way I can do any kind of grab combos to the Motherboys, for some reason. :\ I've been working on this for a like a week.

Haven't tried it on meta or snake yet though.

DYF

Smash Cadet
Ok, so how do you do it?
oops sorry guys

Quickly press grab
Press grab

Rinse and repeat.

I just did it on Snake, Marth, and Metaknight so it should be able to be done on everyone.

IMHO this is going to become the new standard in IC grab combos
and that about sums it up

Kalm

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Unibias
3DS FC
1650-2449-3447
This crap is so going to get either banned or limited. Already has in a few tournies and there's no way it's going to last with grabs that require that little bit of setup.

DYF

Smash Cadet
Erm...when I try to do this, Popo goes sliding forward on step 3 :[
your problem is that you're holding forward too long after the second tap which is making popo dash as soon as hes done with his throw animation. you gotta make nana throw while popo cant react, then release the conrtol stick so that popo is still standing in place when its his turn to grab. its all in the timing, you dont need to worry about being "light" on the control stick

Saltix

Smash Lord
so by QUICKLY, it means:
As soon as you pass the oponent to Nana,
or quickly as in whenever you decide to pass it back to Popo smash it quickly as possible?

B0NK

Smash Lord
This crap is so going to get either banned or limited. Already has in a few tournies and there's no way it's going to last with grabs that require that little bit of setup.
I don't think so because it's not that hard to avoid Ice Climbers grab if you play smart. Seeing that it says your a DK main I will use him for an example. Yes, DK is big and one of the easiest to chaingrab once you get the grab. But DK tilts and b-air easily out range my grab range. If a Climber is stupid enough to run in for the grab, you can throw out the DK Punch for an easy KO. I would be more worried about D3 because he has a much larger grab range and an easier infinite on DK.

stoopdklutz

Smash Journeyman
Avoiding grabs is all about spacing. Use the range of DK to your advantage and to stay out of the IC bad grab range.

Dam stubby arms...*grumble*

l3lue2ain

Smash Journeyman
omg its things like this is why I need to plug in brawl right now and start practicing because I am no where near this level. But what about people smashing buttons to try to escape that would make this extremely hard to do ? Are people trying to get out when you do this?

iceclimbersinfinent

Smash Apprentice
omg its things like this is why I need to plug in brawl right now and start practicing because I am no where near this level. But what about people smashing buttons to try to escape that would make this extremely hard to do ? Are people trying to get out when you do this?
they do try to get out but you can usualy do it fast but you need to build up a little damage of course, so they cant get out before nanas grab animation is over, then its easy if you are good enough

bentleet

Smash Rookie
That is indeed going to become the new standard in cging and it works on metaknight?! I want to see a video of that, stat.

Samsquamptch

Smash Cadet
I can probably post a vid later, but I have come to rethink whether or not this will be used because in the first step Nana can trip....

Having Popo dash forward is because you waited too long to throw with Nana, having him walk forward is because you threw at the correct time but kept holding forward (not that it should stop you from getting the grab though).

On the heavy characters I'm encountering some problems because a good portion of the time Nana will slide forward, making her too far away if you buffer her forward throw. I will try and figure out the timing, but if anyone can offer some advice it would be helpful.

DemonicTrilogy

Smash Lord
Wow, this is fantastic! The only other chain grabs I know are Ice Climber backthrow to AI downthrow and downthrow to downthrow. This will really help me when I need to chain on a platform. Plus, it looks easy enough to do.

DYF

Smash Cadet
That is indeed going to become the new standard in cging and it works on metaknight?! I want to see a video of that, stat.
I dont know about it becoming a standard, there are alot of different techniques to do ALT. grabs and they all work nicely. this is just a different style that may or may not be easier for some people, it does have some advantages tho as its very fast and doesnt move much.

Nice video, its nice to see people getting faster with their chaingrabs.
oh thanks:) its nice to hear from texas, the Ice climber capitol of the country:chuckle:

Speedsk8er

Smash Champion
What's sad is, I can't even 0-death with these little buggers. I'm like... Brawl's Choknater, except chok still plays. lol

Samsquamptch

Smash Cadet
This grab seems easier to do under pressure because you can smash the directions, but it does have the unique problem of tripping which may discourage some veterans who would rather spend more time working on a more difficult grab which leaves nothing to chance.
At a high level this seems most appropriate for teams where their teammate may try and interrupt you, but I've never really thought of IC's as a very proficient teams character.

DYF

Smash Cadet
This has pretty much already been common IC knowledge. It is very similar to Hylian's CG
oh i was unaware of this. I've only seen his Bthrow only variation which is good for not moving but the main reason I posted this was because I thought that this technique might be helpful for some.:)

Samsquamptch

Smash Cadet
This has pretty much already been common IC knowledge. It is very similar to Hylian's CG
I believe you are the first person to say so.

Hylian's innovation was comparable to this, he came up with a new order for the grabs, this is a new way of inputting them (not even using the same grabs as Hylian's IIRC).

Nintendogs

Smash Journeyman
I believe you are the first person to say so.

Hylian's innovation was comparable to this, he came up with a new order for the grabs, this is a new way of inputting them (not even using the same grabs as Hylian's IIRC).
Millar also brought up a thread saying that bthrow to fthrow was easier than bthrow to dthrow.

DYF

Smash Cadet
Millar also brought up a thread saying that bthrow to fthrow was easier than bthrow to dthrow.
oh... well the focus of this thread/video is not which throws you are using, but rather the way they are executed. it feels nothing like the other variations as you do it.

GimR

GimR, Co-Founder of VGBootCamp
NNID
VGBC_GimR
I do this to.

It's easier just to:

Throw left(Make sure it makes Nana dash), press Z and right on the C-stick at the same time.

Byronman

Smash Journeyman
This is great. I should really practice this. I can't CG at all. Hopefully I will learn soon...

Top Bottom