• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

(04/11) PANHANDLE SMASH: We're not GIGS! (Tallahassee, FL)(Brawl/Melee/TvC/SFIV)

ZOM~B

Smash Journeyman
And i am letting him know civilly i dont see what the problem is.
My problem is I hate seeing stuff like this going on in between two smash bros. My favorite thing about smash bros is the community, almost everyone who plays is so chill and fun to hang out with. I can't say I know you, but I bet you're chill and fun too, and on top of that play a mean snake. I'm not trying to say either side is wrong, it's not my place to say. It would just suck if this turned out to be a permanent thing between you guys.

SleepyK

Banned via Administration
The difference is im not pretending to know him, cuz i definitely dont know **** about him, all i know is WHAT HE DID to piss me off, for the pure purpose of pissing me off.... Essentially what your saying is...someone could go to a tourney and be a total **** to everyone and we should all act like we dont care....Its not about it being at a nintendo game tournament stuff like this doesnt fly anywhere....you cant just go and piss people off and expect them not to get angry.

i guess when im mad i act like a e-thug rofl.....theres a big difference between someone acting like a ethug and someone being generally pissed and you obviously cant tell the difference...

And i am letting him know civilly i dont see what the problem is.
LOL yeah im not living in the real world yet thanks SleepyK i see the ways now i was living in fictionary land..rofl.
I'm not pretending to know you either. i just took the summary of what happened. if that isn't what happened, despite the report coming from a neutral party, then my bad. i don't see how "typical afro/chops stuff" insinuates me pretending to know you, particularly if i'm referencing a post from someone who "knows you." clearly reflex trash talking you guys was an incident that was apparently isolated to the matches where had to play you for 4th and 3rd, and you seem to be the only two who are upset about it. i'm pretty sure reflex didn't go the whole day throwing insults at every smasher he saw.

ok, please beat up reflex at the next tournament because clearly you will. especially over a kid's game.

lol afro, i can see you know
"MAN MY BOSS/CUSTOMER/COWORKER IS PISSING ME OFF. DON'T COME NEAR ME OR TALK TO ME TOMORROW OR I'M GOING TO PUNCH YOU IN THE FACE."

relax.

i remember the last time you got upset over something you started up some thread about something silly. maybe you should calm down before you ragepost.

"civilly" isn't threatening violence on someone (or insinuating violent repercussions) particularly over something that seems to be mostly misunderstanding and anger.

even if reflex just decided to verbally attack you without any kind of input from you at all, threatening/carrying out acts of violence won't solve anything. it just makes reflex look like an ******* and you look like a wannabe tough guy who's getting angry over a kid's game.

Col Bol

Smash Champion
ugh stop fighting just drop it

reflex - i guess try to hold back on the RL taunts against chops/fro
afro - whenever you get mad just think of me on the couch at rx's c:
sleepy - E>

AfroQT

Smash Master
I'm not pretending to know you either. i just took the summary of what happened. if that isn't what happened, despite the report coming from a neutral party, then my bad. i don't see how "typical afro/chops stuff" insinuates me pretending to know you, particularly if i'm referencing a post from someone who "knows you." clearly reflex trash talking you guys was an incident that was apparently isolated to the matches where had to play you for 4th and 3rd, and you seem to be the only two who are upset about it. i'm pretty sure reflex didn't go the whole day throwing insults at every smasher he saw.
ACTUALLY it began during doubles but okay....you clearly dont know anything about the situation...so dont act like you do. Infact just stop posting in this thread about it because you werent there.
ok, please beat up reflex at the next tournament because clearly you will. especially over a kid's game.
im not a **** or a "ethug" like you make me out to be. ALL IM SAYING, is to nto say **** to me next tourney. Its simple. Im literally ASKING for him to tnos ay **** to me so that nothing happens and SOMEHOW you just.iunno cant read or something or are misinterpreting what im saying
lol afro, i can see you know
"MAN MY BOSS/CUSTOMER/COWORKER IS PISSING ME OFF. DON'T COME NEAR ME OR TALK TO ME TOMORROW OR I'M GOING TO PUNCH YOU IN THE FACE."
LOL actually thats normally what happens...when you dont like someone, and if that person you dont like isnt a complete morong outside of communication for work they shouldnt go out of their way to talkt o you. Theres plenty of people i dotn talk to at my job...they dont like me i dont like them but we dont let it get in the way of anything.....

i remember the last time you got upset over something you started up some thread about something silly. maybe you should calm down before you ragepost.
Iunno what that means it seems like some kind of mindless empty threat or something
Again iunno who you are but you clearly dont know anything about me.

SleepyK

okay, so it started in matches against you. so it was isolated to you and chops and your respective teammates. he didn't "just go and be a **** to everyone".

so even if reflex were to walk up to you and try to apologize, you'd do something? perhaps i'm misinterpreting what you mean by "don't say ****" but generally that means don't talk to me at all.

I'm sure you threatened violence on your coworkers as well.

it's not a threat at all. I'm just saying relax.

AfroQT

Smash Master
okay, so it started in matches against you. so it was isolated to you and chops and your respective teammates. he didn't "just go and be a **** to everyone".

so even if reflex were to walk up to you and try to apologize, you'd do something? perhaps i'm misinterpreting what you mean by "don't say ****" but generally that means don't talk to me at all.

I'm sure you threatened violence on your coworkers as well.

it's not a threat at all. I'm just saying relax.
Theres no need to apologize, just stay away from me period....
Iunno its like you arent reading what im typing.
Dont apologize to me, i dont care about his apology.
Dont talk to me period.

Everyones different when you dont like someone you act a certain way toward them, when i dont like people i dont wanna talk to them period. If he comes up to me to apologize i'll probably just get mad and yell or something if he does the same **** that we are talking about to me again i dont know what'd i'd do i'd be pissed so i probably wouldnt be thinking....

SleepyK

lolol that's what reflex gets.
afro if you want i'll grab-release him while you charge your fsmash

edit: shoot in face joke. failed execution.

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
man, this is a boring argument

shoutouts to kyon and legion for keeping me company for the long trip. shoutout to kismet for the most epic smash match ive ever had.. HUGE shoutout to tallahassee crew for everything, especially nick for being too good over the weekend. Good to see those Georgians/Alabamians again. Shoutout to sensei chops, cant wait until you come back from your break/retirement whatever

I personally love reflex and the IRL taunt imitations he does, but ive seen some people besides afro/chops not really be into it.

due to people forgetting to press Z even when i tell them to, not every single match was saved. I have alot of teams matches that i'll try to upload when I go to bed:
-Reflex/Kismet vs Afro/Seibrik. both winners semis and losers finals
-Reflex/Kismet vs Biglou/Gmoney. Not sure if its winners or Grand. 1 match
-Reflex/Kismet vs Kvn! /Ryko
-Polmex/DBS vs Elev8/Moogle
-KBM/LS vs George/Nu
-Halberd/Mampam vs Lizard/DedW8. 1 match
-MrFTW/LukeNessMonster vs Frozn/Jai. 1 match
-Kyon/Legion vs TL/Marth (Friendly Set, and they didnt use tags so i dunno who they be)

I still have to sort through singles and see what i go. I have alot of the matches between reflex and seibrik for grand finals. I also have 1 match between chops and reflex. I have my 3rd match against kismet. And some other stuff but im not entirely sure what it all is yet. I cant play any other online game while uploading on youtube so these al might not be up as fast as you guys may like. But at the latest all vids should be up by Friday

www.youtube.com/GameDragonX

SleepyK

i challenge you all to mafia money matches.

i get tong on my team

B_AWAL

Smash Master
dam so barely any melee vids were recorded? kinda gay thye said they got alot of em recorded
TV1 had matches recorded. I think it was either Harriet the guy or Hbox that was recording vids there.

you guys gonna post the brackets?
do you even have them?
They shud B on MrFTW's comp. I saved Melee, SF4, and Brawl Doubles Brackets both B4 and after the movie showing.

wait, so your main complaint is that you always get 2-outed, so you want to play more friendlies so you want to remove a game from the tournament series?
the melee bracket only had 7 less entrants, so it's not as if the tournament was worthless.
endurance and stamina are part of being a good tournament player. just because "your game turns to crap at 1 am" doesn't mean other peoples' games don't. you need to man up.

pls qq less

also chops apparently you've never met reflex.
he's been doing his moves in real life since he was born

he came out of his mother like a tetris block
LMAO!!! HEY SleepyK!!! Marathon is great!!! Y U aint come bro??? GA people = AWESOME!!!

what does that even mean, "man up"?

i enjoy the tourney scene but i don't like standing around doing nothing for 9 hours; i can't be the only person who feels that way.

whatever though, i'll just start showing up whenever singles starts.
We got U bro. I'm kinda feeling the same way. But there's no way in Hell I'm vouching to kill off Melee. Melee has been going on for what? 7-8 years now? It's our history bro. N people that play Melee are Smashers 2. but we wil work on this.

Although, I wanna kno. How do people feel about Melee Doubles starting @ like 11am, then Brawl double right afterward so that Melee players can get a break.

Don't.
Taunt.
Black.
People.

/arguement
LMAO, I fell off of my bed w/ dis 1!!!

i challenge you all to mafia money matches.

i get tong on my team
I'll take that challenge!!! Although we'd prob loose to these Caribbean chiq's @ my school.

Somacruz2

Smash Journeyman
Hello Everyone, I would personally like to thank everyone who came to the tourney last saturday, from what i hear , it was an awesome turnout despite unforseen problems.

On another note, i would like to apologize for my absence at the tournament, due to my short sightedness, I have nothing but EASTER Johns as to not being able to attend my own tournament, but i look forward to seeing everybody at the next tournament. Scheduling and all that good stuff is going under way immediately and we'll have the thread to the next tournament up and running very soon, so everyone can get hyped about that one. My only regret is that i missed out on seeing everybody again, so ill probably have to wait awhile before the next tournament, and the next tournament can't come soon enough. I hope that everyone who traveled found it to be worth the trouble of getting up here.

Also a big shoutout to my crewmates who did an awesome job running this tournament, i couldn't have asked for a better crew. Anyways, i hope to see all of you really soon, and keep an eye out for the next huge tourney!:chuckle:

SleepyK

marathon is so awesome. i wish you had a jump w/o rockets though lol.

mafia is 2 gud

we need to play when it isn't 4 am.

rice

Smash Journeyman
Hmm, this was a lot of nothing lol.. Btw,afro, i tried talking to you after your match with dop ;( and you like ignored me... i wanted to compliment your falco, and say you needed to grab more from what i saw in the match, take what i say however you want.. but yea :] ....

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
EY

EY DAWG EY

I just wanted to clarify this. If anyone starts cursing at -me- for things that go on in-game (unless it's an obvious joke in a funny voice), you deserve to be treated like a waste of space.

It's a video game; for future reference, I tend to keep it in the scope of mid-match. While doing Wario's endgame laughing taunt is outside that, I DO find it fun to laugh after a match against someone that would not show even the bare minimum of respect to me because of a video game if it's mimicking Wario on-screen.

I have no problem saying little things like a smug, empty-sounding "Good game" or "A shame I didn't three-stock you" if I have to hear "What now, you ****ing *****?!" every time a player lands any move at all.

(Also, so no one gets the wrong idea, everything I did happened while we were playing our sets; I said absolutely nothing to or about them before or after we unplugged our controllers.)

Afro and Chops deserved everything I did to them. I didn't do anything outside the scope of the game, so they have no reason to feel incensed personally. I think it shows a lack of maturity. Surely, it shows one in myself if I would act differently because they're doing things to me, but I'm not denying that, and it wouldn't show if they would be decent human beings to me while playing a video game. Granted, we all had severe sleep johns, but that doesn't excuse anyone, and I was still being more than civil, although I was trying to antagonize them, albeit in a "fair" manner.

Keep personal ****-talk to yourself, and keep it within the scope of the game. I guarantee you'll have a much nicer (or should I say "manlier"? :( ) showing from me, like everyone else in the world does.

I'll be waiting for an apology, and hopefully this sort of childish bull**** doesn't happen again. I don't hold grudges that don't have enough importance to be held, and this certainly doesn't. It's not like I went out of my way to talk to either of you before (I usually stay within my group of close friends unless addressed by others, and then I'm friendly to whoever addressed me), so you won't have to worry about my saying things to you if you have a shred of decency when you're playing me.

PB&J

Smash Hero
afro , sleepy ,,who ever ,,lets just drop it and talk about how amazing colbol is or something...who cares really..and nobody say anything else about it and it will slowly die...

on another note afro ..looksl like ur getting better in melee..keep it up byoaa

D_B_S

Smash Lord
Im probably not coming to the next tournament unless it is made into a 2 day event or melee is eliminated from the schedule. these predicted times are always BS and i'm tired of wasting an entire saturday standing around just to lose my first two games. It's cool being around most of you guys but I want to actually play the game, ya know? the designated permanent friendlies station, which i KNOW chris was really happy about having, turned into street fighter 4, and I couldn't get 1 complete friendly in without getting kicked off. I probably had more fun at nick's house the night before considering i actually got to play.

and my game generally turns into crap at 1 in the morning, adding to the reason why i want melee to be removed.
Thats real disrespectful coming from a tally native

Discuss that off that boards

Ne ways Finna hit class Imma do shout outs and read posts laterz

Ballistics

Smash Champion
Its simple how to run a fast tournament, they did it in Georgia and we need to start doing it here. I told Drew about this but I guess he didn't tell his crew.

Run melee and brawl at the same time. Make people choose what game they think theyd place higher in. Yea some people play both games, but its obvious which game you like better. Truthfully, if you dont think you can win, you shouldnt be entering.

Yea the pot size will decrease, but thats why GA tournaments are 15 dollars: because each contestant is ready to put that much money on the line.

Its high time for Tallahassee to have a moderator because the flaming on these boards is getting out of control.

D_B_S

Smash Lord
The tourney ran pretty fast until the christian group came in and it was at the last moment and we couldnt do anything about it

N We handled that pretty well

Kbm just johning so maybe these pro and cons will recongize him and give him Limelight

I feel that if u have a problem with the tourney post it if your an out of towner

but if you are from tally yall know yall have our numbers or yall will be able to see us in person
so dont go posting bull****

Im trynna hold my tonuge and just slip little this n thats but for real chill

No moderators need just stop flaming on the boards over dum **** while sipping on your caprisuns your mom provided

Sensei Seibrik

Smash Hero
Come to think of it...

First tourny ive been to in a long *** time i didnt have to help once, as in i didnt feel the need to help -coughcoughMIXCOATLEFLORIDAGAMING1WATO5MARCHGIGScoughcough-

Finch

Smash Lord
Hmm, this was a lot of nothing lol.. Btw,afro, i tried talking to you after your match with dop ;( and you like ignored me... i wanted to compliment your falco, and say you needed to grab more from what i saw in the match, take what i say however you want.. but yea :] ....
Afro always gets mad after he loses. You have to wait at least 10 minutes before you can talk to him again. He's cool after that, he just doesn't want to talk to anyone right afterwards.

Top Bottom