• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

(04/11) PANHANDLE SMASH: We're not GIGS! (Tallahassee, FL)(Brawl/Melee/TvC/SFIV)

Somacruz2

Smash Journeyman
i don't follow blindly what SBR says or does, I take into consideration every aspect of the game, and then i make a desicion. That is the basis of PHB, to show Florida that we're able to run a tourney without the need of relying on someone else. also Timer has been 8 minutes for a while. Striking will never happen and if you don't like it, quit complaining and go start your own tournament, because im tired of you complaining KBM just because something is a little unfair in your favor.

Jssn

Smash Journeyman
i don't follow blindly what SBR says or does, I take into consideration every aspect of the game, and then i make a desicion. That is the basis of PHB, to show Florida that we're able to run a tourney without the need of relying on someone else. also Timer has been 8 minutes for a while. Striking will never happen and if you don't like it, quit complaining and go start your own tournament, because im tired of you complaining KBM just because something is a little unfair in your favor.
You just gotta laugh at his comments thats wut i do. It wont bother u anymore.

KBM

Smash Ace
You're so unbelievably conceited Drew. If you don't want outside opinions, listen to INSIDE opinons, LIKE MINE. Every time I suggest something YOU (Drew) completely disregard it. I played all of my matches at the tournament with striking because my opponent(s) said they wanted to after I asked, including people from your crew.

Striking isn't just in my favor, it's in everyone's favor. That's the whole point.

I was also bringing your attention to their thoughts on banned/cp stages. Luigi's Mansion is so many degrees MORE broken than japes or rainbow cruise. It needs to be banned. Can't throw a "because it's not in your favor" at this one can you.

At least agree to TALKING to your crew about their suggestions for stages. No offense, but the SBR members know a lot more about this game than you or I, so their opinions are extremely valid and need to be taken into consideration. If people are going to local tournaments based on the SBR, then they show up here saying "what the **** is this ****? where's striking? why is LM legal?" it's going to make the tournament look bad.

B_AWAL

Smash Master
New rule set out from the SBR.

@ Fluxx'd Up take a look at their suggestion to do stage striking, and the counter pick stages.

also the 8 minute timer.
Thanx 4 da suggestion KBM

We already started the 8 min timer(This makes it Harder 4 Sonic 2 win BTW :-( )

N stage striking vs when to ban stages vs random has always been up the preference of the 2 players...

So yeah, everything is fine and dandy in teh world of PHS

We appreciate ur input. We will be dicussing stages soon.

OverLade

Smash Hero
Gigs has gay stages legal and everyone still goes. You just gotta deal with the gayness.You main Olimar, be happy you have Weegees. =D

If I hosted a tournament, there would be like 5 CPs and no metaknight. But since this/Gigs/other tourneys arent my tournament, I have to deal with their rules when I go there. Its just that simple.

Whining gets anybody no where fast. Dont end up like OS.

Lizard

Smash Ace
Stage striking, CP's, Timers, all suggestion will be taken.

But they are as they are so named, "suggestions", not law.

We will do the best we can to take suggestions and make a fair rule system, but there is no need to trash talk anyone on the boards. Off the boards as well for that matter in my opinion.

Why do you think Tallahassee has this reputation for drama on the boards? Is that what we want to be known for?

Please knock off the trash talk on the boards, and save it (if it so desperately needs to exist) for Wednesday nights or whenever.

Somacruz2

Smash Journeyman
You're so unbelievably conceited Drew. If you don't want outside opinions, listen to INSIDE opinons, LIKE MINE. Every time I suggest something YOU (Drew) completely disregard it. I played all of my matches at the tournament with striking because my opponent(s) said they wanted to after I asked, including people from your crew.

Striking isn't just in my favor, it's in everyone's favor. That's the whole point.

I was also bringing your attention to their thoughts on banned/cp stages. Luigi's Mansion is so many degrees MORE broken than japes or rainbow cruise. It needs to be banned. Can't throw a "because it's not in your favor" at this one can you.

At least agree to TALKING to your crew about their suggestions for stages. No offense, but the SBR members know a lot more about this game than you or I, so their opinions are extremely valid and need to be taken into consideration. If people are going to local tournaments based on the SBR, then they show up here saying "what the **** is this ****? where's striking? why is LM legal?" it's going to make the tournament look bad.
Let me know when you run your own tournament Sean. I do talk to the crew about stages and such and we all come to a general consensus. People aren't gonna come to a local tournament based on the SBR if they read the board. Everybody has ample opportunity to read the rules and make their own desicion about coming to the tournament. Oh and before you get all huffy, i do take your opinions into consideration, but obviously its not to the general consenus of the TOs, just because you suggest something doesn't mean im gonna say "You know what your right, lets put that into the tournament." no i take it into consideration, and up to this point i haven't agreed with your suggestions. And the SBR doesn't know anymore about the game then any other player as most reasons that stages are banned cp'd are obvious to most players anyway. But they've been playing the game the same amount of time as we have, what makes the SBR better than any other player. A title and thats about it.

KBM

Smash Ace
If you really think the only thing the SBR has going for them is their title, then I understand why you don't want to follow their suggested tournament rules.

Jssn

Smash Journeyman
If you really think the only thing the SBR has going for them is their title, then I understand why you don't want to follow their suggested tournament rules.
People who make the SBR rules are regular players like every single one of us, its allways required from a group of people to agree on a new idea that seems to be working and present it to another group and then if it works as good as its expected then the SBR rules will be adjusted. Maybe we could be that group of people, maybe you should think outside your box =) .

"We are all the SBR"

KBM

Smash Ace
I'm opting to ban my best counterpick! How can you tell me to think outside my box when that's exactly what I'm doing?

Whatever guys, it's your friggin tournament, I'm just trying to help, but I get shut down every time.

jerks.

B_AWAL

Smash Master
thank you, chris. im glad someone around here listens to what other people say.
New rule set out from the SBR.

@ Fluxx'd Up take a look at their suggestion to do stage striking, and the counter pick stages.

also the 8 minute timer.
Thanx 4 da suggestion KBM

We already started the 8 min timer(This makes it Harder 4 Sonic 2 win BTW :-( )

N stage striking vs when to ban stages vs random has always been up the preference of the 2 players...

So yeah, everything is fine and dandy in teh world of PHS

We appreciate ur input. We will be dicussing stages soon.

EDIT: ****it... My quite didn't wark :-/

Oh wellz

I mean **** KBM... Ouch... LOL

But yeah, dude.

Drew is under a major misunderstanding right now. He doesn't like ur suggestions. Sometimes I don't and sometimes i do... I'm dun speaking for people aside from myself. But yeah, trust me we pay attention 2 U dude. It's not as bad as ur making it seem...

Ruse

Fox
it's cool how i wasn't talking to you. if i was suggesting it to you then i would've directed it at you. it also doesn't matter what's more widely used, 8 minutes is more appropriate. also, the new set of stages is quite different from before, eg hanenbow in teams, so thanks for your input.
I was just throwing in my two cents on the subject. Didn't know that was a bad thing.

@every Florida TO: Why do you have such lame CPs?

Deadweight

Smash Ace
Ok...
SO theres a small issue.
My comp is stupid and doesnt have Windows movie maker....
So i cant shorten the rest of the videos....
If anyone wants any of the videos I recorded Hit me up through PM
and your free to edit them all u want ^_____^

Top Bottom