• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

(04/11) PANHANDLE SMASH: We're not GIGS! (Tallahassee, FL)(Brawl/Melee/TvC/SFIV)

B_AWAL

Smash Master
@awal: Since you sound like you're iffy on entering the melee teams, mind being my backup team mate for melee if I can't find one at the event? Also, since no one in your rule-making body actually plays melee, I would strongly encourage you talk to either derek, kyle, or myself sometime soon to fix up some things your crew is doing wrong.

Why don't you care about me? :(
We do, but the problem is that he comes onto teh boards and makes comments that would cause a controversy. Plus it's not fair for us to do things like raise the price of melee to 15 dollars when brawl is less and thats our main concern anyways.

2 B honest, it's rude as ****.

But We kno he is only trying to help. But if he REALLY WANTED TO HELP HE WOULD TELL WHAT HE HAS 2 SAY 2 US IN PERSON RATHER THAN RANDOMLY SAY STUFF ON THE BOARDS. Or he can JUST PM US.

Yes we all came from Melee but Brawl is the main scene for us. We have technically but going out of our way for Melee players to have our tourneys become bigger and all he keeps doing is making things harder on us on the boards rather than coming 2 us off the boards...

P.S. I was a Melee player like U and I still am. I remember the rules and if we really needed Derek's help that bad we'd beg him for it. Frankly, we are nowhere near that level. On that Note we should stop teh drama there...

Moving on...

Is Melee doubles $10 total for the team?

Also, are you guys still doing all melee first, then brawl?
What the 1st post says is what we doing.

B_AWAL

Smash Master
O ok Jssn explained to me how all the crew members rose to power so I understand now, not tryin to run another person's tourney just tryin to get alot of people to come

SORRY DREW

also, is it still if you bring a tv and a wii or setup that you dont have to pay the house fee?

Read the 1st post lol

Tallahassee? More like The Gainesville Fan Club

Rename your tournament to (04/11) PANHANDLE SMASH: We're not GIGS! (The Gainesville Fan Club,FL)(Brawl/Melee/TvC/We love gainesville!/SFIV)
Maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaan

**** Gainsville!!! And the Gaytors!!! and the color Orange!!! Blue is cool tho. :laugh:

@Zom-B

U'll def be playing a FL player in round 1. Most likely in round 2 but round 3 might be iffy. Long story short. U'll B fine.

SlitThroat1010

Smash Journeyman
@awal: You didn't answer the team mate question, which in my mind is more important. :p Also, huge response to my little idea, I was just saying we should talk. Perhaps today, just hit me up we'll play smash and talk ;)

LadyLegion

Smash Ace
kyon, your peach is sick nasty. i always want you and/or legion to do singles, but i understand if you guys have money johns/dont enjoy singles

if sheer doesnt come, ill team with you hbox.

Well it's more money johns, but also teams is always too fun so If it always comes to doubles or singles i always pick doubles. Kyon is so fun to partner with x3

LadyLegion

Smash Ace
I tell you everyday I see you that your Peach is nastee yet you disregard my notion and ask for someone elses

*goes to corner and cries :cry:*

I would offer my services but I'm prolly not good enough (for him) to team with me. Respect goes a long way, and from what I've seen, I have yet to earn anybody's respect.
You know you're good enough gah! I always told you that if Kyon couldn't go to a tourny we'd teams up ^^

KBM

Smash Ace
IMO, kick out melee at the next one. This is a Brawl tournament and with an ever-increasing turnout for melee, we will seldom be able to finish Brawl at a decent hour.

"ONOES KBM PM US WHEN YOU HAVE SOMETHING TO SAY"

no.

Queen B. Kyon

Smash Master
I tell you everyday I see you that your Peach is nastee yet you disregard my notion and ask for someone elses

*goes to corner and cries :cry:*

I would offer my services but I'm prolly not good enough (for him) to team with me. Respect goes a long way, and from what I've seen, I have yet to earn anybody's respect.
No Dettor!!!!! No!!!

B_AWAL

Smash Master
@awal: You didn't answer the team mate question, which in my mind is more important. :p Also, huge response to my little idea, I was just saying we should talk. Perhaps today, just hit me up we'll play smash and talk ;)
Sorry, but sure about the teamate question. And yes bro, we talk lol.

The actual point as of now is.... Are there any major problems that need to B addressed?

Wait, AWW **** U GUYS WENT TO GA 2DAY!!! Man I wanted to go but I gotta DJ 2nite ;-(

IMO, kick out melee at the next one. This is a Brawl tournament and with an ever-increasing turnout for melee, we will seldom be able to finish Brawl at a decent hour.

"ONOES KBM PM US WHEN YOU HAVE SOMETHING TO SAY"

no.
See... We need more of this on the boards. That thing called Logic LOL. I don't like the idea but it does make sense.

Ruse

Fox

Jaigoda

Smash Apprentice
Alright, I'm pretty sure I can make it to this. I can bring a small TV and possibly my Wii and some extension cords.

I still think that either RC needs to be unbanned or Pirate Ship and Luigi's need to be banned. Really, they are all pretty equal in gayness.

EDIT: Is there still the $5 fee for getting in the door?

Deadweight

Smash Ace
Alright, I'm pretty sure I can make it to this. I can bring a small TV and possibly my Wii and some extension cords.

I still think that either RC needs to be unbanned or Pirate Ship and Luigi's need to be banned. Really, they are all pretty equal in gayness.

Yes 5$ house fee is needed to pay off use of the venue aswell as increase the size of the pot :D

B_AWAL

Smash Master
I'm calling it now, Solemn Judgment vs. Whatever team name Afro and Seibrik use at this - Grand Finals
I'm calling it now, both of those teams won't make it to grand finals. :laugh:

What is your reasoning for unbanning RC? We are open to advice for the future...

5 dollar door fee is to pay for the venue and after that sweaten the Brawl singles(and possibly Melee singles after the crew "FLUXX'ED UP"Votes on it) pot

AfroQT

Smash Master
RC isnt even REMOTELY equal to pirate ship or luigis in terms of gay.

RC is not a competitive stage....this was discussed a LONGGGGGGGGG time ago (in a now old thread)..it shouldnt change.

Jaigoda

Smash Apprentice
What is your reasoning for unbanning RC? We are open to advice for the future...

5 dollar door fee is to pay for the venue and after that sweaten the Brawl singles(and possibly Melee singles after the crew "FLUXX'ED UP"Votes on it) pot
To me RC isn't that bad. I mean, at least a third of it is on an unmovable stage that could almost qualify for a neutral. The second part is really pretty short and if you absolutely can't fight at that point it's not terribly hard to avoid combat. And then the final little stretch isn't bad at all. Its only problem is the walk-offs, which can be abused by DDD, but that is pretty easily avoided due to the platforms and the fact that he isn't great on the stage as a whole. In other words, it's fairly easy to avoid the more broken parts of it if your character has a disadvantage there. It feels to me a lot like Melee's Poke Floats, which is a CP in most tourneys.

Mind you, I'm not saying I'm a huge fan of RC, but just that I think that RC, LM, and Pirate Ship are all about equal in terms of ibrokenness. Yeah, RC favors aerial- and recovery-based characters, but LM favors Lucario and Whorenado and a lot of other gay stuff. And just so you know, I'm not really in this for myself; I don't main anyone that's broken on any of these stages ('cept Lucario, and I'm halfway advocating banning LM).

And the 5 dollars is fine. I just wanted to know so I'd have an idea on how much I'd have for the rest of the tourney.

RC isnt even REMOTELY equal to pirate ship or luigis in terms of gay.

RC is not a competitive stage....this was discussed a LONGGGGGGGGG time ago (in a now old thread)..it shouldnt change.
Are you saying that water camping on Pirate Ship is competetive, or Lucario living to 170%+ every stock on Luigi's? If not, then could you please explain why RC is much different? The way I see it, they all heavily favor certain characters, and hurt others, RC possibly hurting more characters than the other two.

I'm not in any way saying that my word is law, but I would appreciate an explanation as to the reasoning behind the stages' placements.

-eskimo

Smash Rookie
Go ahead and sign me up for Brawl and SF4, im coming from panama city with the rest of the crew for each respective game, msas, zone, drnastytime, 2 people whos names i cant remember.

-eskimo

Smash Rookie
Sign me up, panama city, kickin ***, but in sf4, my TL isnt going to win brawl, but he shall do his best.

-eskimo

Smash Rookie
Not until im more sure Ruse, ive given up everone except TL out of boredome, so no more D3. But if you want a sf4 MM i am all over that

Klarvic

Smash Apprentice
also, is it still if you bring a tv and a wii or setup that you dont have to pay the house fee?
after we reach our goal of 200$ (which isn't looking that difficult) we will start giving out refunds to/not charging people who bring set-ups. Any further monies goes to the pot.

Also, if I recall correctly, Sagat is better than Seth and Goken is Mid-tier. I still don't see why they should be banned. Mind you, I don't own the game myself and just run the Ken Flow Chart.

Top Bottom