• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

04/25/09 - SC Bi-weeklies - YCBTC!

JMan8891

Halfrican-American
Sorry guy, Prom is more important than smash, as you can become a man on prom night.

And that beats out over smash, lol :p

And i had to miss my own prom, do to BS and hater-ism. SOOOO, i implore you to enjoy yours, savvy?

And im going to put in my request for the 9th as of today. That a good day for me, pay week, so i kno i gotz the chedda for it, xD

Lareit

Smash Ace
Sorry guy, Prom is more important than smash, as you can become a man on prom night.

And that beats out over smash, lol :p

And i had to miss my own prom, do to BS and hater-ism. SOOOO, i implore you to enjoy yours, savvy?

And im going to put in my request for the 9th as of today. That a good day for me, pay week, so i kno i gotz the chedda for it, xD
I didn't go to prom. I turned out ok

and alone

ALLL ALLOOOOONE!

btw God of War 2 crashed, i hadn't been saving cause the game saves took forever on ps3(happens with old games on the new systems)

****IT ALL

The Director

Smash Lord
You guys missed out. Prom was a blast. The weekend following was even better.

I can't play Smash when I'm drunk. I can however play Smash much better when I'm high. In a game where timing is key, having your perception of time slowed down really helps. Of course everybody is different, some people probably can't, but for me it makes it much easier to space and time attacks and dodges when it seems like you have extra time to think and plan things out.

Lareit

Smash Ace
You guys missed out. Prom was a blast. The weekend following was even better.

I can't play Smash when I'm drunk. I can however play Smash much better when I'm high. In a game where timing is key, having your perception of time slowed down really helps. Of course everybody is different, some people probably can't, but for me it makes it much easier to space and time attacks and dodges when it seems like you have extra time to think and plan things out.
I was a different person back in highschool. I missed out on far more then just prom.

zCasanova

Smash Lord
@Phil--

I saw that this morning when I woke up, but we need atleast thirteen players for Xyro to be able to use it.

Our last had twelve, so we were just one shy.

JMan8891

Halfrican-American
We'll have it Saturday fo sho, xD

And i missed MY prom, i was pimp and went to a different schools prom the year b4 my own, i took 2 girls actually, lol

zCasanova

Smash Lord
Yeah, looks like fifteen will be a good number this time.

The NC-bros canceling killed off three of our contenders, and I doubt Mars/GA will show up.

Kuja & Thunder also canceled, so that's another 2-4 we're going to be down.

kackamee

Smash Master
NNID
SlushCream
3DS FC
3480-3017-1332
Ugh...My god. Whatever I'm just giving up smash. Every single time I want to go somewhere my parents won't let me. My dad has to go to work at 1:00 on Saturday. There is no reason he shouldn't be able to take me. But nooooo. "I'm not going all the way there just to come back and go to work" And my mom is definatly not going to take me. I asked if someone could take me. But I always get a no. Every freakin time... Sorry but I guess I'm not going.

zCasanova

Smash Lord
That's everyone's parents.

It is a lot to ask him to drive 20min here and 20min back only to get home and have to leave for work.

Any parent willing to do that is just going above and beyond in my book—I know my parents wouldn't have done it for me when I was your age.

All that'll change once you're old enough to drive, though. You'll just have to be patient and wait it out.

kackamee

Smash Master
NNID
SlushCream
3DS FC
3480-3017-1332
11:00+20+20=11:40. 1hr 20min to stay at home and do whatever until you gotta go to work. Is it really that hard? Then I still don't understand why someone else can't just take me.
And it's not like I really ask them to take me anywhere anyway. I would apprieciate it if they would just let me do something once in a while.

zCasanova

Smash Lord
It sucks having to get up and do **** before you leave for work.

Not to mention that 20min is when you're bookin' it—driving like he's supposed to... it'd probably take him ~1hr to get here, drop you off and get home. Then when he finally gets off work, he has to leave and do it all over again. Two hours in a car is a LOT of time, especially on a day that you've got work.

This is an all day thing, and most of the people coming from RH won't be leaving until midnight'ish, I doubt your parents want you out with a bunch of 20 y/o's that late, anyway.

This isn't like, GE, you're not going to a gaming center, you're coming to chill at somebody's house—somebody who share's a great age difference with you.

Not only would I not drive my kid there, but I wouldn't allow them to go there even if they found a way—you're just too young.

kackamee

Smash Master
NNID
SlushCream
3DS FC
3480-3017-1332
I guess I understand what your saying, I'm just more so to the point where I'm upset because everything I like to do seems to get shut down when I have great oppritunities to do something and I just get cut out.

Criosphinx

Smash Lord
I agree with Devin. Even considering my somewhat... lackluster attempts, I still managed to keep the GE tournaments relatively mellow. Now, look at Devin's apartment. There will be cursing, there will be raucousness. I know that I for one, will be drinking alcohol, I assume several others will. Who knows what happens when me and Joe get together. Actually, I do, and it's not child friendly either.

To be quite honest, even though you're incredibly mature for your age, this sort of smashfest is not exactly suited for you.

Let's just ignore that Bo is younger than you... >.>

Lareit

Smash Ace
Yes Bo is older then Kack.

Kack was 12 at last count. I don't know his birthday.

kackamee

Smash Master
NNID
SlushCream
3DS FC
3480-3017-1332
I'm 13 as of April 19th. And I think Brandon meant mature wise maybe? I unno. But I mean, all I wanna do is play a little smash, that can't be sooo totally wrong. Where I used to live, I wasn't even aloud to walk down the street because my parents would be worried about my safety. I remember a time a couple years ago I had asked my parents if I could go to a friends house that was right around a corner. It was about a week after a family in the opposite direction got robbed. I mean, then I could understand why they wouldn't let me do anything. But here it's a big improvment and I still don't get to do anything. It's really agitating

The Director

Smash Lord
I won't be able to make the next one on the 9th. There's no way I'm making every single one of these. However, will there be one on the 23rd? I may have multiple people interested if that's the case.

Juno McGrath

Smash Hero
nah, its cuffs.

edit; dev, is it cool if my girlfriend comes? i mean. she'll compete if she has to to stay. but its her birthday and she wants to spend it with me.

by the way its totally cool if you say no. i just figured i'd ask.:chuckle:

zCasanova

Smash Lord
Why you bringing your girl to a Smash tournament on her birthday?

idc if she stays as long as she's competing, anyone who isn't has to roll, though.

We're not another GE, the whole spectator @ an apt tourney-idea is kind of silly.

Criosphinx

Smash Lord
Why you bringing your girl to a Smash tournament on her birthday?

idc if she stays as long as she's competing, anyone who isn't has to roll, though.

We're not another GE, the whole spectator @ an apt tourney-idea is kind of silly.
...Seriously?

10thatskindamean.

The Director

Smash Lord
We'll be there in time for Melee singles. I'm not doing Melee doubles, but I will be doing Brawl doubles.

Brandon I'm excited to abuse various substances.

Top Bottom