• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

04/25/09 - SC Bi-weeklies - YCBTC!

Lareit

Smash Ace
Why you bringing your girl to a Smash tournament on her birthday?

idc if she stays as long as she's competing, anyone who isn't has to roll, though.

We're not another GE, the whole spectator @ an apt tourney-idea is kind of silly.
So carmen is enterting the tournaments now?

zCasanova

Smash Lord
Carmen lives here and its her house.

Unlike, GE where space wasn't as limited and anyone could bring anybody and we'd all still have room to breathe, this is an apt. and I'd like to keep heads to a minimum here.

Lareit

Smash Ace
Carmen lives here and its her house.

Unlike, GE where space wasn't as limited and anyone could bring anybody and we'd all still have room to breathe, this is an apt. and I'd like to keep heads to a minimum here.
i was jokin

Juno McGrath

Smash Hero
Why you bringing your girl to a Smash tournament on her birthday?

idc if she stays as long as she's competing, anyone who isn't has to roll, though.

We're not another GE, the whole spectator @ an apt tourney-idea is kind of silly.
i asked her if it was cool if went to the tournament and she said it was cool. then i was like, oh **** youd will most likely have to compete. and she was cool with it. so. yeah.

Some_Kind_of_JokÈ?

Smash Apprentice
potentially bad news.

... DX

my dad, after agreeing to take me for about 2 weeks now, decides 700 p.m. for Brawl singles is too late f a start,and said he may not take me...

im going to bug the hell out of him tomorrow, but theres about a 50% chance i wont be there.
sorry, i was really looking forward to this, i even bought a new GC controler to compensate for a C-stick that only works 70% of the time... lol.

anyway, ill try my best to get there, dont know if itll happen tought, as i dont have a lisence anymore.

Juno McGrath

Smash Hero
yeah man. i showed up at noon last time. and i played brawl all day. i did play in the melee tourney. but i finished last lawl. its not my cup of tea. but ill be there around 1:30 tomarrow.

Argyris

Smash Journeyman

Some_Kind_of_JokÈ?

Smash Apprentice
im currently debating whether or not i should go...

my dad is trying to charge me like 40$ for the round trip, then id have to pay the entry fee... and if i dont win thats a bunch of money gone.

if i do win...id only make like 15$ lol.

i still may come.

zCasanova

Smash Lord
Melee Doubles:

1: Team NC (Travis & BossNasty) ($30.00)
2: I'm getting ***** by some person who plays Falco. (Devin & Crio) ($20.00)
3: Speedy Speed Boy (Amr & JoeC)
4: CFal Ditto Doubles (JMan & ARS)
5: Can't EL Cancel (TGB & Phil)

Brawl Doubles:

1: LTH (ARS & JMan) ($24.00)
2: Dudes of Intense Breakfast (Ryan! & Khai) ($16.00)
3: Secret of a Vibrant Taco (Devin & TGB!)
4: Flight of the Lovable Leaders (JoeC & Amr)

Brawl Singles:

1: Ryan! [Pit/Snake] ($25.00)
2: Khai [G&W/D3] ($15.00)
3: ARS [Snake] ($5.00)
4: Crio [?]
5: Phil [Kirby]
5: Devin [D3]
7: TGB! [Lucario]
7: JMan [Sonic]
9: Snap [Falco]

Lareit

Smash Ace
Melee Doubles:

1: Team NC (Travis & BossNasty) ($30.00)
2: I'm getting ***** by some person who plays Falco. (Devin & Crio) ($20.00)
3: Speedy Speed Boy (Amr & JoeC)
4: CFal Ditto Doubles (JMan & ARS)
5: Can't EL Cancel (TGB & Phil)

Brawl Doubles:

1: LTH (ARS & JMan) ($24.00)
2: Dudes of Intense Breakfast (Ryan! & Khai) ($16.00)
3: Secret of a Vibrant Taco (Devin & TGB!)
4: Flight of the Lovable Leaders (JoeC & Amr)

Brawl Singles:

1: Ryan! [Pit/Snake] ($25.00)
2: Khai [G&W/D3] ($15.00)
3: ARS [Snake] ($5.00)
4: Crio [?]
5: Phil [Kirby]
5: Devin [D3]
7: TGB! [Lucario]
7: JMan [Sonic]
9: Snap [Falco]

Khai won not ryan.

Duo55

Smash Ace
I'm extremely grieved to report that the smasher known as "Kuja" has died in an accident this weekend... he was 20 yrs old, loved the smash scene, and was highly excited about tournaments being held in his area. Some of you may have known him from these bi-weeklies so I felt I needed to let you know. R.I.P. man... you were more than a friend, you were a brother...

kackamee

Smash Master
NNID
SlushCream
3DS FC
3480-3017-1332
Omg no way...That sucks hard. Wasn't he going to the tourney????? I guess...he never made it D:

Thunder865

Smash Apprentice
No way. You've got to be kidding me... Kuja was the coolest dude. We were supposed to meet and play friendlies sometime... I always assumed we'd have plenty of time to do it.

Gah... it's times like this that make you realize just how fleeting life really is.
Rest in peace, my man. I'm thankful I got to meet you, at least once...

Caleb Wolfbrand

Smash Master
whoa that's : (
man sorry to hear that...

but yo I didn't know you guys were running Melee, lordy, I'll be bringing as many people as I can to the next one. Maybe some Brawl too, I guess, but I prefer Brawl+ myself.

taking any money matches against my Young Link at next one btw <3

ps : was there no Melee singles? : (

Some_Kind_of_JokÈ?

Smash Apprentice
sorry i didnt make it, i tried, but everytime i tried to get my dad to take me he'd come up with some gay excuse.

anyway, despite not being there, i had fun yesterday partying until 6 a.m. this morning :D

Juno McGrath

Smash Hero
this is what kuja's friend sent me.

"yeah, he went camping this weekend with some friends... they were hiking up in the mountains, now I'm not exactly sure how it happened, because I wasn't there, but to my understanding, this is how it happend. Johne (kuja) and his friends were hiking up in the mountains and went to cross a narrow water fall. Kuja took a step, only to find that the area had extremely bad footing. He slippped, feel about 150 ft, and died on impact with some rocks... I'm only glad he didn't hafta suffer. I was the one who tought him how to play smash at a competitive lvl, I was his smash mentor in a sence, I used to 2 stock him the majority of the time, and it grieves me to no end, because I was just talking to him the other day, and he said he had been practicing with the smashers of SC, and he said he thought he had gotten good enough to beat me... I'll never know now... Its just not right man. But tell the guys of your area, johne always said that the smashers of SC were some of the coolest people, he like you guys alot. We'll all miss him, and I apprietiate your concern."

BEHR

Smash Hero
Wow thats really awful my regards to his family and hope they are doing well.

sorry to SC Scene for losing a competitive player.

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
Ohhhh wow.

I feel really bad about what happened.

I don't know about the rest of you guys, but my thoughts will be with his friends and family for a while.

Top Bottom