• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

1 Day...! (New Brawl Site Countdown)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
@ bluethree
that=more Japanese experience than 99.99999% of the users here on the SWF. You've done enough work=good job. I barely even remeber Spanish, and considering I took two semesters of that, and that lived just a few miles above the cal-mexico border for 2 years, I can see your doing better with your second language.

Muy bien=all I can remeber from Spanish :laugh:

@ Nintendo Warrior
Us west coast people get it at 8 PM.

FSLMJM

Smash Journeyman
@ bluethree
that=more Japanese experience than 99.99999% of the users here on the SWF. You've done enough work=good job. I barely even remeber Spanish, and considering I took two semesters of that, and that lived just a few miles above the cal-mexico border for 2 years, I can see your doing better with your second language.

@ Nintendo Warrior
How about us in Hawaii? We're several hours before you guys. But the only problem is that I don't know exactly how much. :(

NintendoWarrior

Smash Lord
@ bluethree

@ Nintendo Warrior

Thanks for the confirmation bro! Thank God I only work 8-5pm.

rm88

Smash Ace
NNID
Rm88Go
3DS FC
5241-1973-5614
I can wait, too bad I don't want to -_- At least I'll be able to check the news as soon as the site is updated. Yay news, Peach should be confirmed tomorrow.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
I'm afraid that won't WORK because I currently have no GC.
:(
But the Wii is backwards compatible with GC disks, so problme solved (hopefully). Sadly though, a GC memory card is needed still vs. hardcore memory.

@ Nintendo Warrior
No problem! ;)

@ FSLMJM
Google GMT, and see that. Then subtract the hours from the west coast time (8 PM), and you got it. Easy as that!

Shark X

Smash Lord
I'm confused then. By your times, your saying that at 10PM is when the day changes in my time zone, but it said day 1 all day today, and it's almost 10PM here. So the way I see it, the day changes on that site somewhere between noon, and probably 5pm (judgeing from what I've learned the past few days).

brandutt845

Smash Apprentice
Here are the characters i'm pretty certain about:
Sonic
Diddy
Wolf

Characters I hope for:
Megaman
Bomberman
Blaziken
Ridley
Crystal
Ash Ketchum

First of all. I dont see how Advance wars characters or another other wierd character suggestions you guys are making can possibly have any decent attacks.

Mr.GAW

Smash Champion
1 Day FOR REAL THIS TIME.

24 hours to go people. I'm turning in. I'm not even going to bother keeping up with this thread tom.

Mr.GAW

Smash Champion
I'm confused then. By your times, your saying that at 10PM is when the day changes in my time zone, but it said day 1 all day today, and it's almost 10PM here. So the way I see it, the day changes on that site somewhere between noon, and probably 5pm (judgeing from what I've learned the past few days).
That's what you get for not reading the past few pages. There was a discovery that the site wouldn't open until 12 hours later than we expected. Trust me, the time I told you is right.

EDIT:

Sorry for the Double Post, I thought for sure someone would've posted by the time I typed this up.

Harliart

Smash Apprentice
wtf!.. are people full on serious about Ash Ketchum? I thought it was just a wtf character and everyone was making jokes about him.. Butlike.. people.. arent... seemingly joking WOTDEH?

Btw tomorrow well be seeing Ridley, Wolf, King Dedede, DiddyKong and Sonic.. ooooh yeah.

Mr.GAW

Smash Champion
Throw. Not through. Just thought I would let you know so you can edit it.

Devastlian

Smash Lord
I'm guessing your time zone is EST. It's been changing at 11AM EST (midnight in Japan). It says on the Japanese Nintendo site that it'll update in the afternoon which would mean sometime past 11PM EST.

Mrobinson587

Smash Apprentice
the internet is going to asplode!!!!!

this is probably somewhere else on here already but I am way to lazy to look

the guy that gave this to me is somehow an insider even though he is only 16 years old. He says 70% possibility that this is true "and those are his comments not mine btw
------
* Players will be able to choose from multiple control options. Main focus is on GC controller, and Nintendo is currently considering redistribution of them. (Good, I can’t find wavebirds anywhere. I hope this means I can just use the remote and nunchuck, he wouldn’t say.)
* No motion-sensitive controls in main game. (Does that mean mini-games etc. will?) <LI class=MsoNormal>Game will feature no more than 50 characters. (Gee, thanks a lot. I didn’t know that already </sarcasm>)
* “Since there’s a huge fan-demand for online play, the game will almost definitely feature it. That’s the plan. We pay a lot more attention to the fans than you would think, and we think it would be pretty dumb to ignore it. What’s funny is if we had never addressed the rumor, people wouldn’t be so expectant of it as they are.” (Thank god, hopefully an end to the “This better be online or I’m not buying it” stuff.)
* They wouldn’t tell me any new specific characters. (Just thought I’d get that in there.)
* “Fans will be extremely pleased with the quality and number of characters we’ve brought around, as we made this very much a fan-desire project. There won’t be anymore ‘clones’ (just thought I should mention, he did the finger quote thing, and I literally lol’d) either.
* There are definitely characters that will be huge surprises too, one of which happens to be my absolute favorite.” (Thanks for the cliffhanger. Wait…so no more clones? What about…)
* Not all characters will return. The original smash bros. will. (Oh…bye Roy (one of my mains.))
* Alternate Costumes/Color Schemes will be included. (Hot sauce. I’ll take white Zora Link please.)
* No comment on third parties. (**** you.) <LI class=MsoNormal>The game has been made “more balanced”. (Cool. No more tiers? Ummm…idk if I like this yet.)
* No comment on N64 like intros. (lol)
* No comment on “advanced techniques”. (I’m mediocre at that stuff anyway, so, I’m neutral on this.)
* There will be new items, and some have been taken out. (Bob-ombs confirmed, don’t worry.)
* Super Smash Attacks are not immediately activated, can be reserved. (Well, now that I think about it…duh.)
* Adventure mode will be much larger, classic mode will be featured. (No word on if chars. Would have individual stories)
* Will include more game modes, some from N64 will return. (Due to popular demand, apparently.)
* Events will be included. (I love those things, so to me it’s awesome.)
* This game is scheduled to release this year. (My guess is Fall.)
* No comment on shoot the credits.
---------

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
the internet is going to asplode!!!!!

this is probably somewhere else on here already but I am way to lazy to look

the guy that gave this to me is somehow an insider even though he is only 16 years old. He says 70% possibility that this is true "and those are his comments not mine btw
------Lots of stuff that's neither confirming nor denying anything, general comments which almost anyone could guess or assume, and a few things of pure speculation.
---------
I wouldn't believe a word of it.

CaptainCC

Smash Journeyman
That stuff you jsut posted is oldoldold, from early this morning or even late last night.

Anyway, methinks people are getting their hopes way too effing high for Sonic--yeah there's Mario and Sonic at the Olympics, but it seems so good that he would be in there that I just can't get myself to believe it's true until I see it. It would really be a dream come true if he were in the game, absolutely incredible, but I can't get my hopes up for it until I actually see it.

Here are three shoe-ins that I can say with 90% certainty will make the cut, with educated guesses following for explanation:

-Diddy Kong: just had a DS game released, DK's the only character from the DK universe, plenty of potential for unique moves with his Jet Pack and agility.
-Little Mac: If Pit is in this game and had one game in 1987, I don't see how they could skip Little Mac. There were two Punchout games, three if you count the Mr. Dream version, four if you count TeleroBoxer, and they were all strong sellers and well-remembered. He's also a boxer--it just wouldn't make any sense whatsoever not to have the hero of the Punch Out series in this game.
-Captain Olimar: Too perfect for this game and a major, recent Nintendo Mascot. Plus, I'm sure Nintendo sees the potential to revitalize the Pikmin series with the Wii remote--this would be good exposure for the character. Think about the myriad possibilities for this character--they could make him a tagteam with Olimar and Louie and a bunch of Pikmin, or just have him solo, with Louie as a skin perhaps, and his moves could revolve around various uses of the Pikmin. Captain Olimar is one of my most anticipated to play as, and I would be quite sad if they didn't put him in.

SSoH

Smash Journeyman
Dusk of the 6th Day
(24 hours remaining)​
LOL. Now you just need the sounds that come with it and it's majora's mask all over

Here are the characters i'm pretty certain about:
Sonic
Diddy
Wolf

Characters I hope for:
Megaman
Bomberman
Blaziken
Ridley
Crystal
Ash Ketchum

First of all. I dont see how Advance wars characters or another other wierd character suggestions you guys are making can possibly have any decent attacks.
Christ, not more pokemon. NOT MORE FRIGGIN POKEMON (or pokemon related characters).!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom