• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

+1

Status
Not open for further replies.

asob4

Smash Champion
so if i lie about lying, i tell the truth? or does it create even more lies depending on how i lied about the first lie?

is this a riddle or a lie?

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
Soooooo, I'm getting some videos up this week. Since school is pretty much taking over my life and the lives of the people I'd usually play smash with, I don't have much time to play anymore. These will be videos at pretty much the top of my game. Everything from now on would probably suck. xD

S

smash brawl player 99021

hmmmm...interesting bet, i see your blowhog, and raise you 2 yellow wollywogs
I see your...Wollywogs and raise you *goes to check enemy index on pikmin 2* :010: a Empress Bulbux. And I'm afraid that's as far as you can go. Because everyone knows that the Empress Bulbax is 3rd on the tier list. Only after the Man-At-War and President. President is essentially Meta-Knight.

Dyyne

Smash Ace
S

smash brawl player 99021

I must say I give a 7/10
I go a big rubbery one to an Oli that bothers to go offstage andstill recovers.

Just kidding. Anyway nice job ^_^

Zori

Smash Champion
eh it was mostly for entertainment everything has been done before, i did it mainly because there has not been an olimar combo vid in a long time

BlackWaltzX

Smash Lord
Play Ragnarok with me.

I like how after any amount of my absence, I can still see threads I was looking at on the front page.

How has everyone been?
I may need to play he game once or so before Pound 4, huh?

I would also love a list of the Olimars that still play. Yeah.

Oops, sorry quadruple post.

Pyronic_Star

Smash Champion
Play Ragnarok with me.

I like how after any amount of my absence, I can still see threads I was looking at on the front page.

How has everyone been?
I may need to play he game once or so before Pound 4, huh?

I would also love a list of the Olimars that still play. Yeah.

Oops, sorry quadruple post.
waltttttttttttttttttttttzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

why have you been hiding O.o we never got to do team 10xlatch
and you have one week to practice, then i expect you to beat all of jersey XD if you don't... i'ma go do it for you :D
btw.. teach me to beat ic's :( meep is gayz, and atomsk leraned ic's from him... thus i have only beaten aomsh once :/ teach me the wayz of waltz!!!

Fino

Smash Master
waltttttttttttttttttttttzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

why have you been hiding O.o we never got to do team 10xlatch
and you have one week to practice, then i expect you to beat all of jersey XD if you don't... i'ma go do it for you :D
btw.. teach me to beat ic's :( meep is gayz, and atomsk leraned ic's from him... thus i have only beaten aomsh once :/ teach me the wayz of waltz!!!
Unfortunately, I will play the ditto if I lose the first set =-/

Never land with lag, always keep moving, running up and grabbing one of them and doing a buffer throw works wonders. I could go on and on, and I can't emphasize it enough.... GRAB THE IC'S BACK!
As SOON as they're split, NEVER let them come back. Nana does the exact same thing every time, so your main priority is to abuse popo, and punish nana for aimlessly walking back to her man (charged smashes work really well). I might also add that if popo is off stage, and nana is walking back... grab nana. Either popo will die (nana sucks at grab breaking), or will be forced to squall. As soon as that squall hammer comes out THROOW DAT ***** AWAY (from popo), and go punish that laggy *** recovery. Popo cannot grab the edge with a squall, so the only way popo is going to get back without squalling is going to be grabbing the edge or landing on stage, so as soon as you confirmed him doing this, repeat the above. Popo doesn't think straight when his ho is on the field, he's not going to play like a sopo, he's going to try to be a knight in shining armor and get his damsel is distress back. Take advantage of this BIG time!
Platform camping doesn't work so well, unless you have the precent advantage. It's just a massive keep away game. Olimar is easy to CG, which doesn't help <.<
If Cg'd pull a mike haze and scream in their ear or something, lol. Do whatever you can (other than mashing buttons) to make them break their focus (keeping in mind some form of civility).
IC's will constantly pressure you from one side of the stage to another, take time to try and knock a purple pikmin in there. If they don't do it perfectly, sometimes you can knick one of them with an fsmash (from the bottom) when they jump up/land.
DON'T TOUCH THEIR SHIELDS WITH ANY AERIAL.... EVER! IC's make a living off of CG'ing people, and any mistake in shield pressure results in a grab. I think I read somewhere that their vertical grab range is very deceptive (it's a lot longer than their horizontal grab range it). If you're attacking a grounded IC with an aerial, you should aim for the very tip top part of their heads, otherwise you're taking a large risk of being shield grabbed (as if you weren't taking one by approaching IC's in the first place).

TBH, I think playing friendlies against a good IC's is the most wonderful thing you can do to advance as a player. Think of it this way, IC's grab range is so bad, that for you to have gotten grabbed by them (as an olimar), you made so huge of a mistake that you need to fix your method of play from that point (unless it was some type of combo into a grab... then just figure a way out of the combo safely... see blizzard/squall to grab). When you analyze your games vs ICs... take note of the time before you get grabbed and think, what did I do wrong / how can I fix that. This conclusion to this question doesn't just apply to the IC MU, but others in general. What this is, is just an easy way to spot flaws in your game. Losing a stock for one mistake will obviously make you realize this the fastest.

~Fino

Pyronic_Star

Smash Champion
desycnhed blizzard... we have no answer... so i have to either try to get close and mind game them into a grab... but i miss thats a stock cause are grab is punishable if we miss...
the only other option is to run the entire match, and hope to get the percent lead somewhere along the way

Ninja Kirby Nick!

Smash Lord
That's not what your mother said last night Trebek
I feel sorry for this thread. It hasn't reached a thousand posts yet :ohwell:.

Ugh, Olimar...My one true enemy. I've had my fair share of Snakes, MKs, and Marths, but OLIMAR!? I always get pwned by them :mad:.

The CPU sucks though. It normally doesn't pluck any Pikmin when he comes back to the stage, so one could win by easily gimping.

Well, as far as going up against Olimar with Kirby, it's pure luck if I happen to win :lick:.

Fino

Smash Master
I actually meant what you typed, my brain is having a hard time nutshelling it into a concept I could possibly understand :p
Uhh yeah... sorry about that. I definitely walked away from my comp like 12 times when I wrote that... so there's no coherence or structure to it at all. I just tried to throw out every bit of info that came to my head at the time.

desycnhed blizzard... we have no answer... so i have to either try to get close and mind game them into a grab... but i miss thats a stock cause are grab is punishable if we miss...
the only other option is to run the entire match, and hope to get the percent lead somewhere along the way
De-sync'd blizzard is a very slow approach. If you're close you can try to stop it early, once it gets going... the only options for ICs from there are to:
1) hit you with it
2) continue pushing with it
or
3) stop and do some shafty de-sync

if it's (1) - you're probably going to get grabbed or combo'd. if it's (2) you just have to avoid it or try to poke holes in it by tossing a purple pikmin so it hits the top of the acceding IC or finding a mistake in their wall and throwing in an fsmash (easier to find holes the longer you make them go). if it's (3) it's your turn to punish is some form. once they break the desynced blizzard (one of their only successful options to approaching olimar safely), you get a nice advantage. They might try to go for the grab, or try to de-sync some smashes or specials... or a combination of either. From here it's up to you to determine the counter-options.

I agree that getting a % advantage against ICs is GOOD. Once they know that you're keeping away due to % advantage, they're going to play very slightly more reckless. IMO - more holes to poke in their strategy.

A good thing in this MU might to just be stay at mid-range as much as possible. Giving them the time to de-sync un-punished seems like a poor choice and will only give you more trouble in the long run. You can stop de-synced blizzard before and during the start-up process (though I could be wrong on starting... only what I've noticed while playing lain).

Stupid thing to say, but the best solution it seems like is just not giving them to opportunity to de-sync blizzard (variation of don't get hit lol). I think what you're going to want to do is apply pressure, but still stay safe. Camping obviously is not anywhere near effective (still is, just not as much), because you're essentially giving them time to de-sync blizzard since they know it will knock off the pikmin.

It takes patience to play ICs at high levels of play. Combining the want of landing a grab with trying to set-up desync blizzards all the time and moving at that ridiculously slow pace is going to take a lot of focus and patience on the part of the IC main. Perhaps I should suggest talking during the match (small talk, trash talk, noise of any kind) in some effort to irk them or break their attention. Once the IC player stops playing so patiently, or even slightly less patiently than they need to be, they start becoming easier to play. The goal is to poke more holes in their strategy.

Also note, constantly keeping up a de-synced blizzard until they can grab won't happen. Cautiously take advantage of the times they don't, and try to prevent them from having enough time to de-sync effectively.

~Fino

Denti

Smash Master
i was about to ask help for the ice climber match!

but i also want help with the R.O.B. match up, i feel that i can't out camp them and i can't assult them because of spinny top/laser back to back. and if i hold the spinny top i get air gamed. any advice OLIMAR SQUAD?!?!

Tin Man

Smash Hero
I've played holy nightmare recently, plus I main rob, here is somethings I noticed vs rob. We definitely can out camp him, but its gonna be a camp war in the beginning. Try to make a pikmin collide with the gyro, then pick it up. Rob now has no safe approach on you. holy ended up planking and lasering from the edge, but eventually with my timed pikmin tosses, I got the lead, however eventually he hit me, I had to DI which meant tossing the gyro, and he "smartened up", plus he knows how to punish a recovering Olimar. Every time he had the lead he planked, easy u smash kill when he was high damage, but then i couldn't get the lad back after, and he timed me out (7 min match) :(

RichBrown

Smash Master
I pretty much agree with everything Fino said about ICs. Desynched blizzards are a pain... So I just jump over it XD

If that puts me in a bad position, I use the whistle to land safely. But usually I can drop a nair and it hits one of the 2 climbers. I also have a knack for somehow sneaking pikmin through the blizzards, my aim is pretty good ^^

Fino

Smash Master
Olimar, one of my worst enemies :(

Only way I can compete with one is my spamming my NAirs and arrow cancels. At low percents, his grabs are somewhat bishes, his whistle can be a life savor, and Pikmin throw FTW., However, it sucks when you are low on Pikmin, you barely have enough to get back onto the stage, and you get DAir gimped by MK. I consider Olimar's always a good challenge to my TL. I used to second him, I might start fiddling around with him again :p
I think injecting aids directly into my eyes would have been a better use of my time than reading this post... like... seriously... wtf are you talking about?

~Fino

Sky Pirate

The best defense is a lot of frigging healing
NNID
SkyPirateCoud
3DS FC
1590-4884-8497
Okay, I can never seem to be on the chat at the same time as Fino and dabuz (especially DABUZ) so I will address you both here before I forget what I planned on saying.

Fino- Temporarily dropped the Misao texture because I found an old unfinished Shinku Peach texture.
And Shinku >= Misao in cuteness, so she takes priority. Don't argue, you'll lose.
Also, it seems that I can do metallic textures, thank you for pushing me to try. I made a cute Kirby with a gemstone tongue to test. ^^
Iunno, I like it.

DABUZ-
I've forgotten why you said that counterpick stages weren't very useful. Would you mind reexplaining?
If it is something you would rather discuss privately, please PM me.

Pyronic_Star

Smash Champion

Didn't you get 2-stocked by chibo twice at a tournament not too long ago?

~Fino
did he tell you about the quarter second lag? and how oli can't recover without timing a whistle against rob? no worries... ask him in 2 weeks how bad i ***** him... on a normal t.v. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom