• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

12/15 Free NSU SSBM Tournament 1v1 and 2v2!! Prizes Confirmed! Partial Results up!!

Coselm

Smash Ace
I'm 17 so I feel it's kind of ridiculous, but I feel where they are coming from if like two or three 13 year olds show up. I will fill it out however ridiculous it is.

And I have a question. Since the tourny is now singles and doubles, what time does singles registration start? I want to get there a little early to warm up.

Oh and if I did bring a smash with a cube and a TV, would there be anymore outlets or places to put them, or should I not even bother?

Coselm

Smash Ace
Yeah the whole form thing just reminds me of permission slips for field trips or something...

Whatever though, not a big hassle.

Honors

Smash Journeyman
Yea, they'll be picking up the parental consent forms (Looks at linguini, mcscruf and ares).

Ryusiondo and Coselm:

I doubt they'll say much since both of you are 17, but I would recommend that you do it, especially if you look young, and if you're there after 5pm because they may ask for an ID if they suspect anything (or if you cause trouble) and will have you leave, and then they may not let us run tournaments due to lack of responsibility.

I will have one tv for free play, most likely there will be a 30min break to 1 hour depending on time left after doubles for people to get something to eat or practice.

Good News! Singles has prizes!! I will get the exact amount soon and the Red Bull representative is looking to see if they could provide prizes for doubles.

Also, flyer was approved here is the link:

http://www.nova.edu/avacs/Photos/AVACS Flyer.bmp

If you guys can help by posting these flyers on campus, high school, game centers, etc, it will be greatly appreciated.

Coselm

Smash Ace
I shall spam the flyer all over my school. I wonder if there are any good players there I don't know of?

And I don't really look young. I never shave. Scruffy and all that. I'll get it signed anyways, and I'll have to remember to give ones to my friends who are coming.

azianraven

Smash Journeyman
hmm have to be 13 and over...not a problem for me...but maybe younger smashers wanna go lol.

o and Honors can you put me on the Attendance list? im only on the GC list.

Ares.

Smash Journeyman
Yea, they'll be picking up the parental consent forms (Looks at linguini, mcscruf and ares).

Ryusiondo and Coselm:

I doubt they'll say much since both of you are 17, but I would recommend that you do it, especially if you look young, and if you're there after 5pm because they may ask for an ID if they suspect anything (or if you cause trouble) and will have you leave, and then they may not let us run tournaments due to lack of responsibility.

I will have one tv for free play, most likely there will be a 30min break to 1 hour depending on time left after doubles for people to get something to eat or practice.

Good News! Singles has prizes!! I will get the exact amount soon and the Red Bull representative is looking to see if they could provide prizes for doubles.

Also, flyer was approved here is the link:

http://www.nova.edu/avacs/Photos/AVACS Flyer.bmp

If you guys can help by posting these flyers on campus, high school, game centers, etc, it will be greatly appreciated.
Thanks for marking me as "young"

ANYWAYS Do I bring it the day of the tournament or?

Ares.

Smash Journeyman
hmm have to be 13 and over...not a problem for me...but maybe younger smashers wanna go lol.

o and Honors can you put me on the Attendance list? im only on the GC list.

Lol I doubt theres anyone under 14 who knows what an L-Cancel is. ( Its hard to find someone my age who even cares, im 13. Ill own you. )

NickRiddle

#negativeNick
Lol I doubt theres anyone over 14 who knows what an L-Cancel is. ( Its hard to find someone my age who even cares, im 13. Ill own you. )
90% of the SFL Smash scene is over 14...And, I'm 19, I'll own you...If I DO end up going...MM? I'll use Bowser. :-D

Honors

Smash Journeyman
Ares: Yea, definitely bring it at the tournament. I'll be picking up the forms.

Nick: I've faced alot of good link players and I would like to test your link vs. my doc. You up for it? Also, is Esam going (or any of your crew)? Cause since your his older brother he won't need a consent form.

Honors

Smash Journeyman
Sure whynot :p? I still owe you that mm from like a year ago, even though your reputation increase, I'll still face it. Hope to see you there.

Btw. Red Bull will be giving out 2 prizes, I'll put both into singles for 1st and 2nd. I'll find out the actual amount soon.

NickRiddle

#negativeNick
The only reason I wasn't sure about going is because I was too lazy to get ESAM to fill out the form...Now, both of us are confirmed, and I think Seirbik wants to go...Not sure about Rexx...Can my girlfriend go if she isn't going to play, or does she need the form?

Sure, I'll play your Doc...MM? XD Also, I wanna play some Bowser against you...

One last thing, if there is an N64 with Pokemon Puzzle League and an extra controller, I'll MM people in it!

Honors

Smash Journeyman
nah, since she isn't in the tournament, she doesn't need it. If Rexx is unsure because of his age for the consent, let me know and I'll see what I could do.

Btw you guys, if you are bored there is also 2 billards table and 2 table tennis tables you could play while waiting. You just need you ID so that they could give you the equipment.

Also, can anyone house Mankosuki?

edit:
The N64 will have the original smash brothers as priority, if there is another person that could bring an N64, then I could plug that in when the tournament starts to die down. If you want you could bring it.

Here is the Tv set up

6 tvs are going to be used for the tournament
1 will be used for people to play while the tournament is occurring
1 will be used for SSB 64.

NickRiddle

#negativeNick
Hehe, if I had a working N64 in my possession I would take it everywhere I went...But, sadly, I do not...Oh well then.

NickRiddle

#negativeNick
Wow, I've been posting a lot here...By any chance, are any of those televisions going to have an extra set of the AV cable plugs? (I think that's what they're called, the red/white/yellow ones) If so, Seibrik can bring his recorder and get MMs, and matches people want to record, like Finals, etc.

Btw, Rexx is going to this.

Honors

Smash Journeyman
The tournament will still be free. And the tvs will have the yellow, red, and white plugs.

hmm, attendance is looking good, we'll see if I'm still able to get top 3 :chuckle:.

Sensei Seibrik

Smash Hero
Honors, i kno the tv's have the plugs, but they need to have a video in AND a video output. i'll bring my recorder and check just in case.

I'm acceptin most mm's as well....

Oh, and I have an N64, tho i dont have pokemon puzzle league. I DO however have smash 64, though it doesnt save, so you'd need to unlock all the characters on the spot. Lemme kno if i should bother bringing it.

Pookiez

Smash Apprentice
The only reason I wasn't sure about going is because I was too lazy to get ESAM to fill out the form...Now, both of us are confirmed, and I think Seirbik wants to go...Not sure about Rexx...Can my girlfriend go if she isn't going to play, or does she need the form?

Sure, I'll play your Doc...MM? XD Also, I wanna play some Bowser against you...

One last thing, if there is an N64 with Pokemon Puzzle League and an extra controller, I'll MM people in it!
Stop dating people that are underage!!!

Honors

Smash Journeyman
Honors, i kno the tv's have the plugs, but they need to have a video in AND a video output. i'll bring my recorder and check just in case.

I'm acceptin most mm's as well....

Oh, and I have an N64, tho i dont have pokemon puzzle league. I DO however have smash 64, though it doesnt save, so you'd need to unlock all the characters on the spot. Lemme kno if i should bother bringing it.
Don't worry, I have an N64 and smash brothers, so if you want to bring yours with pokemon puzzle and/or smash brothers if you want.

Update Dec 7

Prizes are two 25 dollar gift cards.
I'm going to put them for 1st and 2nd place.

Pookiez: Do you want to stay on the maybe list?

Ares.

Smash Journeyman
Don't worry, I have an N64 and smash brothers, so if you want to bring yours with pokemon puzzle and/or smash brothers if you want.

Update Dec 7

Prizes are two 25 dollar gift cards.
I'm going to put them for 1st and 2nd place.

Pookiez: Do you want to stay on the maybe list?
Erm why not give us 50 dollars? >_>

ANYWAYS every fear my fox. FEAR

Honors

Smash Journeyman
you mean a grand prize for just 1st place? I suppose. It'll depend on you guys (Most likely lambchops will vote for this option). You guys have less than 1 week to vote then.

Seibrik: There are input and output cables on three tvs, and the other 5 tvs. will be coming with vcr (I'm not sure if they have input and output), so let me know if that is good. And if anyone wants to record their matches on tape, you're free to do so.

Ares.

Smash Journeyman
you mean a grand prize for just 1st place? I suppose. It'll depend on you guys (Most likely lambchops will vote for this option). You guys have less than 1 week to vote then.

Seibrik: There are input and output cables on three tvs, and the other 5 tvs. will be coming with vcr (I'm not sure if they have input and output), so let me know if that is good. And if anyone wants to record their matches on tape, you're free to do so.
I understand a small prize cause its free, but gift cards >_> if its like for a EBX store or something Ill go for it. BUT NO JC PENNY

Top Bottom