• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

12/15 Free NSU SSBM Tournament 1v1 and 2v2!! Prizes Confirmed! Partial Results up!!

Coselm

Smash Ace
Hopefully they aren't Red Bull gift certificates or something haha.

By the way Simon owns most of the malls around here so if you get a Simon gift card, you can use it at Coral Square Mall, and a bunch of others(not sure exactly which).

Ares.

Smash Journeyman
Hopefully they aren't Red Bull gift certificates or something haha.

By the way Simon owns most of the malls around here so if you get a Simon gift card, you can use it at Coral Square Mall, and a bunch of others(not sure exactly which).
Very nice.

Honors

Smash Journeyman
Coselm: Do you want me to put you into the attendance list from the maybe list?

I doubt it, since they said that they may just give red bull to the winner (Of course, if they are 18 and over though).

Coselm

Smash Ace
To Honors:

Sure, go ahead and put me in the attendance list. I am going for sure, I just am not sure who I am bringing with me for doubles, or what friends of mine are coming or not. I'm pretty sure I'm bringing 2 or 3 of my friends though.

Honors

Smash Journeyman
Okay Pookiez. Also, see if you could convince them to come to the tournament, to my understanding it's around 30-40 min on the turnpike and as far as I know, FIU has a large smash community, so someone is bound to have a car that could take a group if transportation is a problem for them.

Honors

Smash Journeyman
Hi everyone, I have a few requests.

I'll most likely need help moving the tvs (three of them) from the HPD building to the UC. If you are able to help out, please come at 11am at the library and we'll walk from there. And if anyone would like to help set-up to come at 12:00pm, which shouldn't take long, and we'll smash afterward.

Most likely since I'll be doing christmas decorations after exams, chances are that majority of the extension cables and surge protectors will be in use, so let me know if you could bring some extension cables and surge protectors for the tournament.

a. Grand Prize of $50 gift certificate for first place only in singles
b. $25 for 1st and 2nd place for singles

right now it is split even with 2 votes for both sides. So let me know.

NickRiddle

#negativeNick
B. Second place is still too good to not get a prize.
ESAM and I will probably be going a little late due to him having to go to temple...

Coselm

Smash Ace
I vote for option B. Second and first should both get prizes, and 1st place will jsut get bragging rights.

I can bring a surge protector/extension cord.

Ares.

Smash Journeyman
I can't advertise.

I only have one "smash buddy" and he works on Saturday.

A. Cause im greedy.

I am as weak as a rabbit, so I cant help move them tvs.

IMPORTANT

Until otherwise, I believe I have to bring my bro ( also 13 ) So can I just put Name + Name, on the Realease thing.

Honors

Smash Journeyman
Could you explain on "the real thing"? I'll be back by 6pm-6:30, since I'm going to be studying from now to exam which would end by 5:30.

Honors

Smash Journeyman
Ares:
yea, you could do that, since both are from the same parent.

To All Important!!!:

Just want to inform you that there seems to be a slight problem with the rules over at the flight deck. I was e-mailed that anyone under 17 must be accompanied by a parent or guardian to be at the event and that the consent forms are invalid at their location. I want to give a heads up so that you guys are prepared for anything, but the tournament will still happen.

I'm right now sending e-mails to them for clarification and justification of this change and I will try to find a solution the problem. If anything, I'll speak with them personally, but I'll be thinking of a back-up plan just in case. So don't go tearing those consent forms yet. I'll keep you guys posted.

Ares.

Smash Journeyman
Ares:
yea, you could do that, since both are from the same parent.

To All Important!!!:

Just want to inform you that there seems to be a slight problem with the rules over at the flight deck. I was e-mailed that anyone under 17 must be accompanied by a parent or guardian to be at the event and that the consent forms are invalid at their location. I want to give a heads up so that you guys are prepared for anything, but the tournament will still happen.

I'm right now sending e-mails to them for clarification and justification of this change and I will try to find a solution the problem. If anything, I'll speak with them personally, but I'll be thinking of a back-up plan just in case. So don't go tearing those consent forms yet. I'll keep you guys posted.
Come on, my parents are just dumping me their, no wai they'll agree to stay. >_>

Honors

Smash Journeyman
Like I said, I will find a solution. This isn't the first time I had problems like this and solved, though for some reason it happens to smash. Those who have gone to previous tournaments knows that I have solved problems. I'll hopefully let you guys know tommorrow.

Pookiez: I will find that out also, that is the first course of action I'm thinking of taking. If that doesn't work, I have a back-up plan, so don't worry.

If they do allow those who aren't related to be a guardian for the event, then it depends on how willing the smashers eligible to do so are when "adopting a smash child" for the event.

Advent Lee

Smash Ace
Attention !!!!!!!!

Updates !!!!

Honors and I are trying to figure out the best way possible to benefit all you smashers who are under 17 for this tournament right now as I am posting this, so please show a little gratitude to our tourney. I know its an unfortunate event but were trying to mind game the officials into getting this done as smoothly as possible.

As always TV's and cubes will be greatly appreciated, I am trying to see if we can get a minimum total of 10 tv's for this event, and things are looking up in the equipment direction, but any one able to help out will be greatly appreciated. Also tell your friends about this, after all it is free. I am also doing my part, i have gotten a lot of interest and some comfirmed people from miami to come so lets
SPAM THOSE FLIERS

Regarding the gift certificates. Honors and I have confirmed that we will make it for singles prizes 1st and 2nd place. Were still trying to see if we can get more, besides why would we wanna give 50$ in gift certificates to Lambchops when we could share the love?

And I will also be accepting most MONEY MATCHES. Im just a noob that likes to give away my allowance.

If you need any info then you can call Honors/David or message me on smashboards or aim. my aim is advent8812

Crews battles? $20 total for each crew. BCC will accept vs anyone.
That BCC crew sux ballz. You guys should all crew battle them, besides their all noobs. A Falco that only lasers, a Gannon that uses up tilt, a Peach that doesnt down smash, and a Sheik that uses the whip???????

- Lee -

NickRiddle

#negativeNick
My crew (Which apparently is now called Over 9000!!!) will crew battle BCC. (If I can get them all to agree.)

Btw, if some people cannot get parents/guardians, I can be one for all of the kids who need it...But you guys better not do anything stupid...I'd rather not have to take the blame!

Advent Lee

Smash Ace
My crew (Which apparently is now called Over 9000!!!) will crew battle BCC. (If I can get them all to agree.)

Btw, if some people cannot get parents/guardians, I can be one for all of the kids who need it...But you guys better not do anything stupid...I'd rather not have to take the blame!

Ok kool. Does anyone else wanna take our money in a crew battle? Step it up people.

NickRiddle

#negativeNick
Rexx and Seibrik agreed, so I'm pretty sure we can do it...Only problem is, only 4 of us will be attending., (Andres and Cesar will not be.) Is there any way it could be a 4v4, or each of us could start with an extra stock for make a 5v4 even?

Ares.

Smash Journeyman
Like I said, I will find a solution. This isn't the first time I had problems like this and solved, though for some reason it happens to smash. Those who have gone to previous tournaments knows that I have solved problems. I'll hopefully let you guys know tommorrow.

Pookiez: I will find that out also, that is the first course of action I'm thinking of taking. If that doesn't work, I have a back-up plan, so don't worry.

If they do allow those who aren't related to be a guardian for the event, then it depends on how willing the smashers eligible to do so are when "adopting a smash child" for the event.
I call dibs on Honors adopting me.

Nicholas if you need a "last notice" crew member im open :D

Honors

Smash Journeyman
yea, that is how it looks like. I suppose cause there are several students that come into college at age 17 ( like I did) and they don't want to exclude them. I'll get that clarified also. Well, time for studying test # 2. I'll see if I could find a little free time to post updates, but I'll be out of exam at around 6pm

Opus_IX

Smash Cadet
I will most likely attend, and I'll probably bring my two gc's, and i may bring two friends with me. Awesome. See you guys there!

Sensei Seibrik

Smash Hero
Ares, I'm not making you any promises as far as our crew goes, but if you want you can play me in a set sometime beforehand and I'll let you know.

(This goes for anyone else interested in being our number 5 man)

Honors

Smash Journeyman
Update 12/11!!

Problem solved!

The parent/guardian issue has been solve also to the way it originally was. So no parents or guardians are needed. All you guys still need the consent forms and it will be still anyone under 18.

The location will be in the second floor of the University Center. So the location is the same, but instead of the Flight Deck in the first floor, the event will be at the second floor.

Let me know if you have any other questions or concerns.

Pookiez

Smash Apprentice
Ares, I'm not making you any promises as far as our crew goes, but if you want you can play me in a set sometime beforehand and I'll let you know.

(This goes for anyone else interested in being our number 5 man)
I'll do you! I mean I'd be interested >_>

Speaking of which I would like to play you again since I haven't done so in a while. need to test how much I have improved if any >_>

Top Bottom