• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

140.85 - The Solid Snake Matchup Database

Yumewomiteru

Smash Master
NNID
yumewomiteru
I think the ICs discussion was spread out through like 4 different threads. I'm sure if you look through them all you will find enough info to make a good summary.

Attila_

The artist formerly known as 'shmot'
BRoomer
skip Ice climbers and discuss Wolf X_X or mario heck even peach XD
wolf and mario? why? we dominate them fairly well. peach was difficult until i started crouching...

there are plenty of other mid tiers that fight relatively well with us... zss, tink, fox, etc.

Ummm guys

I think we're done with the Olimar MU. Look how many Snakes and Olimars contributed. I think it's enough or we overdid it which is good.

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
So, you guys gonna realize that MK absolutely ***** snake now? :)
No he doesn't completely "****" Snake. He can gimp us, which is his greatest strength against us. But, if we avoid being gimped it is in our favor.

So, you guys gonna realize that MK absolutely ***** snake now? :)
No, not at all. MK can gimp and combo us like hell but if we stay patient, defensive and campy, the MU is under control

And it ain't 40:60 MK, it's more of 45:55 MK or 50:50

well, we can't avoid getting gimped. We can avoid getting gimped too much.

Squall of fame

Smash Cadet
Wat is the best way to land on stage against MK. All i got now is just to keep a grenade in hand then i finally can land after but is this all you can do?

Underload

Lazy
MK-Snake is 55:45, easily.

@Squall: Against a good Metaknight, you'll have to get hit at least once to see what they do. Do they predict your aerials and air dodges? Do they rush in? I can't give you a definite answer because every Metaknight is different. Just do a few different things and see how they react, and exploit what's necessary to recover. That's really all I can say.

Squall of fame

Smash Cadet
Yeah thats pretty much wat i came to a conclusion. i just need to read the MK tendencies whether they are aggressive or patient but i usually fight the ones that predicts the airdodge. overall holding a grenade at least stop me from getting combo'd while recovering.

TwentyTwo

Smash Ace
Yeah thats pretty much wat i came to a conclusion. i just need to read the MK tendencies whether they are aggressive or patient but i usually fight the ones that predicts the airdodge. overall holding a grenade at least stop me from getting combo'd while recovering.
It can help, but eventually, they will learn to space their uairs, and other aerials, even the tornado done correctly can avoid blowing up the grenade.

The Milk Monster

Smash Champion
Holding a grenade is nice, but don't over do it. They might end up catching on to this behavior, and bait your grenade out, in turn, putting you in a position you don't want to be in and weren't expecting, ultimately getting you punished.

I try to aim hard for the edge against Meta. I REALLY don't like to be in the air as Snake, and against Meta, it makes me even more uncomfortable, so I tend to lose my cool bad.

napZzz

Smash Hero
No he doesn't completely "****" Snake. He can gimp us, which is his greatest strength against us. But, if we avoid being gimped it is in our favor.
mk wins on every front. He beats snake on the ground. in the air. ***** him offstage. The only thing stopping him from being a hard counter to snake is the fact that he has no projectile has to approach.

Its probably snakes weight that is the only thing saving him vs. mk at times, and even then it just becomes a toss up of luck and wondering if you can somehow manage to kill him before he takes you out ~_~

etecoon

Smash Hero
The only thing stopping him from being a hard counter to snake is the fact that he has no projectile has to approach.
and this is only when MK is behind, snake isn't safe from being timed out >: D

Unless Snake's grenades are at both in front and back of Snake.

Oh by the way, undies, you want a match up chart?

Yumewomiteru

Smash Master
NNID
yumewomiteru
So now that the new tier list is out are we going to do the matchups by the new order or we sticking it the way it is?

Underload

Lazy
When we reach the top of the tier list and start on the lower part, I'll just do whatever I feel is interesting to discuss. Sinz just suggested that whole pattern without telling me or asking or anything, so I just did it to humor him, I guess.

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
When we reach the top of the tier list and start on the lower part, I'll just do whatever I feel is interesting to discuss. Sinz just suggested that whole pattern without telling me or asking or anything, so I just did it to humor him, I guess.
I thought it was a decent way to start. But, it is your thread you take control :)

Underload

Lazy
Using the new one would just complicate things.

Old one for now, until we get to MK. Then I guess we'll see if using the old method is still worth using, or if we should mix things up.

IrisKong

Smash Lord
Hey guys, the Pit boards are currently (trying) to discuss the Snake MU, any help would be appreciated, help the pit boards come to life again!!

Yumewomiteru

Smash Master
NNID
yumewomiteru
Why? You can handle her easily by just crouching
No you can't Berk. Even if this is a matchup in Snake's favor, without proper knowledge of the matchup it can be tough for the Snake. Same with every other matchup.

As for discussing Peach, we will get to her, there is an order that we go by. So we will get to her when we get to her. Meanwhile I suggest you watch vids of Snake vs. Peach to better understand the matchup.

Really!?

Oh well, just get used to annoying d-airs. Oh btw: Camp Peach but I highly doubt it's easy

.decoy

Smash Ace
i know were not on it but that guy sounded pretty desperate so..

the peach mu can be pretty tough if you dont know it well. peach juggles snake at low %'s (sometimes til 40+ though if you don't di properly). her projectiles are pretty annoying especially when glide tossed into grab/jab/whatever. also the float. **** the float.

my advice would be to camp peach until she approaches (surprise?). if she approaches on the ground do the standard pivot grab then techchase. if she's approaching with glide tossed turnips don't be fooled; powershield them and grab her. or wait for her to attack your shield then punish. do note that she can grab you after glidetossing which can be kind of annoying if she mixes up jabs/grabs. in the air a lot of peaches like to bait your grab or ftilt with a float. do not be fooled. jab her out of the air then grab her. if the peach has good sdi you might not get the grab, but jabbing works way better than ftilt. also remember that peach cannot airdodge during float. while shes floating then you can just bust out a fullhopped nair and it will connect. peach can sdi out of it but it still has been a good option for me. mix up landings as usual; staying on the stage is pretty key as in most mu's. anyway that's really all that i do in the mu.

sorry if i derail this thread with a peach discussion.

Yumewomiteru

Smash Master
NNID
yumewomiteru
diddy pl0x.
I love fighting Diddys!

Powershield/shield the nanners, but dont stay in your shield, walk/roll away. Seperate nanners from diddy, d throw techchase works well. Dash attack punish his rolls and landing.

.decoy

Smash Ace
you do better vs diddy on fd?
if that's true you are not playing the right diddy's man.

also on BF and lylat i like to instant throw off platforms for a mixup.
most diddys dont think snake will use nanners.

Yumewomiteru

Smash Master
NNID
yumewomiteru
But you shouldnt throw nanners at them, thats like just giving them back to him. You should drop them behind you and make Diddy go through you to try to get them. Or be sneaky and place a mine/C4 where the nanners are and give Diddy a big surprise when he goes for them.

Top Bottom