• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

140.85 - The Solid Snake Matchup Database

Underload

Lazy
Today / Yink / MenoUnderwater will make a table of contents once errthin' is done. I've got that base covered.

Versus Snake goes to the little threads I make in this forum, Matchup Thread goes to each respective character board's matchup thread.

Takeover1806

Smash Champion
This title made my day:)
I think that is the frequency for Roy Campbell am I right?
If it is it will be cool for snake to codec the colonel about a mu whenever he is in battle.
Super Smash Bros: Metal Gear :laugh:

Underload

Lazy
I highly doubt you've read everything that's been discussed in the past dozen threads. Come back when you have.

It's annoying to have to constantly post in these matchup database threads, so I'm dropping the matchup thread for a while longer so people will put some effort into other **** on this board.

AllyKnight

Banned via Administration
Anyone? Some quick insight on the Sonic MU, plz?
if he tries to use any spindash move, hold a (non stopping jab) most sonics will try to mix up by spindashing in front of you, then jumping behind and bair'ing. Grenades are also good since they blow up if sonic spin dashes on em.

If you ever notice Sonic doing Spring then Down Air landing, abuse it, utilt or bair em while they are dair'ing.

Other than that, grab them if they're close, they will try to run away or grab you.

XLunchBOX

Smash Rookie
if he tries to use any spindash move, hold a (non stopping jab) most sonics will try to mix up by spindashing in front of you, then jumping behind and bair'ing. Grenades are also good since they blow up if sonic spin dashes on em.

If you ever notice Sonic doing Spring then Down Air landing, abuse it, utilt or bair em while they are dair'ing.

Other than that, grab them if they're close, they will try to run away or grab
you.
Thx Ally, this should help.

Sync.

Smash Champion
Yeah I definitely need some Fox matchup help. I found some videos but I want to know some specifics from people who actually know the matchup. Are we still discussing in version three tier list order?

Probably, yeah.

Since we started this thread when the tier list was still v3, we'll have to go with the arrangement of the old one to avoid disorganization.

ZTD | TECHnology

Developing New TECHnology
Honestly I'd have no problem running the matchup rediscussion topics if would get the Snake boards to discuss stuff again. Same with the stage discussion topic. I feel we need to get back on that especially since we never finished discussing everything. I could do it. Its not like I'm not on these boards every day LOL

Underload

Lazy
You need to discuss things first. I've never seen you write up a summary, you tend to just agree with people, or maybe say a word or two of new information.

People are posting in the Diddy thread often, but the Lucario thread (the newest thread) hasn't been bumped in 3 weeks. Still have any questions as to why I'm not pumping out threads on the daily?

ZTD | TECHnology

I never stated that new threads need to be cranked out on a daily basis. But your point is valid. I am relatively new to the Snake boards since this the first time I've ever personally seen the boards somewhat active. So yes, I have not written summaries yet. If you need me to prove myself and knowledge first not a problem.

I don't have much experience for Lucario -_-

It's also a boring match up.

Good thing our next discussion will be ZSS. We don't mind her that much.

Attila_

The artist formerly known as 'shmot'
BRoomer
we dont have a single lucario in the country, so ive got nothing to say. our best player (and my little brother) is a diddy however, so i know that mu like the back of my hand.

im only gonna speak on stuff im familiar with...

Underload

Lazy
Word up. Before that, I'll get those ancient discussion threads caught up. Write summaries, quote posts, etc. After that I'll throw up the next one!

ZTD | TECHnology

Yeah I noticed there were a few old ones so I started posting in them to try to get them moving along. Seemed to work for the Falco one. So cool let's get it!

Underload

Lazy
Actually, Olimar was one of the first characters we talked about. I'd really rather make that one the main focus.

Also, Sinz and I decided a year ago to follow the then-current tier list. Go A to S, then from B down. I think that's how it went. Anyway, the list of characters left are:

Pit
Donkey Kong
Peach
Luigi
Fox
Wolf
Sonic
Sheik
Bowser
Zelda
Pokémon Trainer
Ike
Lucas
Mario
Ness
Yoshi
Samus
Jigglypuff
Captain Falcon
Link
Ganondorf

OnlyUseMeNades

Smash Journeyman
I think we should do Fox, I could use some help and I can contribute some since one of my friend uses him

ScAtt77

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ScAtt77
All you have to do is crouch,crawl, and wait for him to approach. When he approaches, everything he has( except fair?) can be pivot grabbed.

JTsm

Smash Master
I think everybody agrees in the ZSS MU thread, but it's not detailed enough to be THAT helpful and in-depth. I haven't looked in the Lucario thread, but I'll try my best on both threads. Snake threads are definitely behind in terms of discussing most of the character MU's.

Top Bottom