• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

140.85 - The Solid Snake Matchup Database

iFudge

Banned via Warnings
you do better vs diddy on fd?
if that's true you are not playing the right diddy's man.

also on BF and lylat i like to instant throw off platforms for a mixup.
most diddys dont think snake will use nanners.
i've played some notable wifi diddy's negga/choconaner/ joker

etecoon

Smash Hero
wifi, where captain falcon and zelda are decent characters, meta knight isn't amazing, and wolf/lucario/ROB require no thought to win with. LOL

Wi-fi is okay if there's not much lag, Oh wait

It has a lot of lag soooooo I don't like wi-fi D:

I know about choconaner. Bad personality on aib. But, I have heard of him. Places in the top 60 frequently if I recall. (Actually, now that I think about it, all the diddys I have seen talk online do not seem to be the friendliest of people) (Most people on aib are not the friendliest of people. Too much chest beating and testerone floating around xD)

But you shouldnt throw nanners at them, thats like just giving them back to him. You should drop them behind you and make Diddy go through you to try to get them. Or be sneaky and place a mine/C4 where the nanners are and give Diddy a big surprise when he goes for them.
I say throw them up and keep them around for as long as possible. The longer they are out of your hands gives you more options. And it keeps it out of diddys possesion for longer amount of time.

I love fighting Diddys!

Powershield/shield the nanners, but dont stay in your shield, walk/roll away. Seperate nanners from diddy, d throw techchase works well. Dash attack punish his rolls and landing.
Isn't there something about being able to grab powershielded bananas out of shield? I think Snake could double jump Nair and grab the banana after powershielding it. Although, I doubt that is much use. Snake doesn't have any safe aerials out of shield against grounded opponents.

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
Hell no. Throw that **** off the stage.

Counterpick them to Battlefield

pretend their sideb is tornado.

gg :)

Sepulveda

Smash Rookie
Well, I've had recent issues with Wario and Falco. I think my problem is not using grenades correctly though. Any tips???

i agree

someone who isn't stupid should throw me some quick tips
Nappy. Why on earth are you asking here then :) You should know better than to get a good decent reply here. Get over to the ZSS boards and ask them. I swear it's easier for people to talk about the faults of there character than it is for them to accurately describe another. Ask what ZSS has problems with against Snake, and then try to figure out what you can do to take advantage of those faults.

Attila_

The artist formerly known as 'shmot'
BRoomer
i agree

someone who isn't stupid should throw me some quick tips
- get rid of the armour, snake can't use it
- dash attack EVERYTIME she is landing
- ps the 3rd hit of her jab, or any follow up she has
- camp her, force an approach, punish with tilts
- side-B is the only thing she can kill with on the ground, can be difficult to punish, so use nades to ruin her spacing
- her sideB has a dead zone without a hitbox right infront of her
- stay away from her in the air, cause you can't win there at all, don't even try
- don't rush, let her dsmash you (remember it has a slight hitbox behind) and you could be in a world of trouble
- if in doubt, hard camp her
- pretty sure you can sdi out of sideB sometimes, need to look into it more

Calzorz

Smash Lord
i just started doing some new stuff from when ur teching the stage to recover, when u tech the ramp on smashville or battlefeild instead of teching so u jump away and go straight to anotehr up b , i started doing b reversal right afetr the tech landing me safe on stage as they usually edg hog when u tech or even if they try punish u normally explode with ur enemy thanks to the nade ? dono if its been done be4 in a match but its pretty useful il try get a vid from more recent matches of me doesnt work on fd tho :p ramps are too low

Edit: ah yea straight afetr the tech u can go straight into a back air , if there edg hogging thinking theyl punish ur tech and there invinsability frames have run out it comes as a suprise sometimes , or if there recovering as u tech try a n air or f air after the tech if u wana get technical lol

EDIT 2: yea so i went in vs mode and was controling the meta to move him and me to show u what i mean http://www.megaupload.com/?d=FII87ZEH download the replay file and put in ur sd card replay folder to check out what i mean , dont think i did everything perfect i just recorded what i did my first go trying to show wot i ment

i dono if some1 has done this before so i was just saying it for usful information and some is very situational

etecoon

Smash Hero
yeah jont made a topic about doing that a while ago, usually I just jump or grab the ledge but the more mixups you have the better

Calzorz

Smash Lord
ah he did ok iv never really payed attention to snake boards just focused on tournys and stuf but ima start posting around here more so iv missed stuff others have said

Crackle

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ZZZobac
Very interesting Matchup: Sheik. would love to do that matchup thread soon.

Blacknight99923

Smash Champion
I don't main snake (marth main snake/IC side) but I was under the impression snake is the only character that undebatedly goes even with MK

etecoon

Smash Hero
I don't main snake (marth main snake/IC side) but I was under the impression snake is the only character that undebatedly goes even with MK
1. snake going even with MK is very, very much debatable. most people think MK wins the matchup in fact

2. as an MK main, personally I think falco is harder if there's planking rules. maybe diddy too. actually even if there aren't, snake being great against planking is a myth IMO...

Attila_

The artist formerly known as 'shmot'
BRoomer
snake, diddy and falco all lose to mk. its fact.

they can win, but they have to work harder, and cant make as many mistakes as the mk. they dont win.

Top Bottom