• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

2 Good Gaming @ CSULB feat. something

LooksLikePit

Smash Ace
I love camping in friendlies, especially against noobs that don't know how to counter it. Now I understand why mikeHAZE always used to camp me

Kira-

Smash Champion
mikehaze was my favorite player in friendlies

used to laugh at people while chaingrabbing them, he didn't play gay just for kicks, he truly loved it

it was hilarious to watch

Charoo

Smash Champion
btw alex, what do i need to work on?

I hate playing my fox nowadays. I know what I want to do but I'm too rusty to move the way I want to

The Greater Leon

Smash Hero
one thing you might want to try doing is playing under all different conditions. Right when you wake up, right after a meal, right before a meal, right after class, when it's really cold, when it's really hot, with your chair at different levels, with different controllers, against people who camp, against people who don't camp, on all your worst stages, etc. That way you're ready for anything, cause it sucks when you lose because the environment and your state of mind wasn't at optimal level.

Stole that from Sean Plott, Starcraft WCG Pan Am 2007 champion and well-known commentator who stole that from another guy he played
starcraft is so different because they take johns into account, like tasteless talking about having a half inch difference in the desk height totally throwing off peoples game

-

also playing gay *****! friendlies and tourney should be played the same imho (gay as ***)

EdreesesPieces

Smash Bros Before Hos
BRoomer
NNID
EdreesesPieces
haha i know the clunky feeling. it's because we got used to brawls' lack of hitstun, so we keep thinking we can move when we can't. best way to get rid of it is to stop playing brawl to be honest.

btw i try harder in friendlies than i do in tournament when you are in one of those situations where if you lose, you have to wait for 5 people before its your turn again. at least in tourney if you lose you know you got a lot of matches left in losers to play. i hate waiting an hour to play for one more friendly so i try realllll hard. if there's nobody waiting i just play for fun

Charoo

Smash Champion
it depends who i play with in friendlies

if i'm trying to help soem1 to get better then I will use everything I can to win

if i'm playing for fun then I'll try new things just to see how it goes and mess around

imma enter doubles at least for this tourney. I'll enter singles if there's a lot of attendance.

Alex19

Smash Journeyman
btw alex, what do i need to work on?

I hate playing my fox nowadays. I know what I want to do but I'm too rusty to move the way I want to
you need to move faster, im not just saying you need just because im a technical fox but because i noticed i was grabbing you alot, you kept teching in place also just change it up but you still got the smarts and use up smash more. I dont really remember you up smashing alot. but i noticed your fox wasn't moving fast. Fox is soo fast take advantage hahaha

you're too good, you got this haha

Fly_Amanita

Master of Caribou
An update on my situation:

I can get a ride to the venue, but I might need stay at Long Beach until 10:00pm. Alternatively, I could leave with somebody else from somewhere between Claremont and SD and chill there for a few hours afterwards, which would be better for me, although I don't expect such an opportunity to arise.

stabbedbyanipple

Smash Master
Hey thanks but its alot of time and practice like practice against the lvl 4 comp and just combo the **** out of them till your combos are as good as zhu's, learn to shine out of shield really good shield alot and protect yourself but because you're shielding alot be ready for your opponent to try and grab you and then punish. Approach with lazers, alot of ppl dont know how to handle lazers them, and grab more. Watch videos of good falcos dont practice bad habit like when you go for a nair and you're pretty sure its not gonna hit but you do it anyways, dont do that spaced bairs **** with falco too. you shouldn't feel like you hit a wall yet. Try figuring out/ reading when people they're gonna roll like when you have someone cornered and you're shield pressuring them stuff like that till you master the game you hit a wall haha you've got plenty of potential so does fiction
I forgot to ask this but, why level 4 comps?

JDM

Smash Champion
Level 4 comps DI different directions when they are hit every time unlike level 9's.

Kira-

Smash Champion
Level 4 comps DI different directions when they are hit every time unlike level 9's.
that's why they're better? I've tried playing against them and i never noticed a difference -_- lol

The Greater Leon

Smash Hero
Every game takes johns into account in some way or form.
except smash. the only john is "no johns."

like controller johns should be hella legit but everyone has their own reason why they aren't

like hugo's 'if the first replacement sucks you get to try a second, but if that one sucks too you are just a *****'

Charoo

Smash Champion
GC Guy aka Chris is very awesome and is giving me the opportunity to raffle off a free entry to TourneyPlay 5

that means:

venue fee: $15
singles: $15
doubles: $10

That's $40 for free!

How do you get raffle tickets? Bring set ups!

tv + wii or cube: 2 raffle ticket
tv: 1 raffle ticket
wii or cube: 1 raffle ticket

You are getting $40 in value for free and help me run the tourney faster. Too good!

joeplicate

Smash Master
my favorite john ever has to be

when i'm playing stepmania
i get the "crooked keyboard" syndrome

i'll try to straighten it out in the middle of a song
but it just gets worse, and worse, and worse

Top Bottom