• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

5/10/08 Smashers Unite Biweeklies!!!

Nite

Smash Champion
Nite if you dont win then what would you call yourself? I have faith you'll win though. I hope I can be there for support.
Lol, I don't know man. Sephiroth Ken? Haha, just kidding. I probably won't have a name match with him. I'm afraid that if I lost I'd still be known as Nite. We will most likely just have a N(iy)te ditto.

Hopefully you can come. It's always fun to have you around. We have the coolest crew. That's why people come to INNsomnia. Haha.

Drumma_Boi

Smash Ace
u guys may have the coolest crew but the manhandlers are the up and coming new cool crew according to this tourny. no its not that great and yea everyone who wants to come that hasnt signed up on the pre reg list just post on here or pm me with any questions u might have and yea there might be alittle bit more housing for as few people as possible and dont forget bring your own everything. ram doesnt have enough towels for showers and pillows and blankets for people. :chuckle: Hope to see everyone who is able to come there ready for this tourny.

Marzz

Smash Rookie
Okay, so, i'm a local in Fort Walton Beach, the city in which this tournament is being held. I registered for these boards specifically to post this message and any replies.

TBS comics is a place that's near and dear to my heart. It was the first store that i stopped into upon moving here nearly 8 years ago. I spend nearly more time there than i do at my 40+ hour a week job. I for one am EXTREMELY excited about this tournament for more than one reason.

I've been playing SSB since the DAY it came out on N64. Before the save data on my memory card got deleted, my friends and i had racked up well over 5000 hours on SSBM. It's easily my favorite game on gamecube, and second only to Link to the Past as my favorite game ever. I'm not too terribly great at it, but, i still love to play.

This tournament is a combination of two of my favorite things in the world--TBS comics and Super Smash Bros.

I WILL be participating in this tournament if i have to call in to work. I know i'll lose, but it doesn't matter. I want the chance to play in a tournament hosted by an upstanding group from smashboards.

Feel free to take over the store for a day. I don't mind.

And, if i do well, do you think there would be a chance for me to get an invite into this group? :D

Feel free to ask me any questions regarding TBS comics or the surrounding area. Such as, little known food tips--

If you guys like chicken, there's a small drive-thru chicken joint in the shopping center with TBS comics. If you mention you're coming from TBS, they'll give you a 20% discount.

(edit) also, after posting this message i realized exactly how much i have to do. If you want, you can IM me questions, direction requests, anything you need, on AIM to Marzzmatrix or Marzz4967. Make sure in your opening message you say you're from Smashboards. I have a terrible habit of ignoring messages from people i don't know.(/edit)

Drumma_Boi

Smash Ace
yea man glad to see some locals gettin fired up about this enough to post on the boards. yea the chances of me already knowing u r pretty good i bet i know most everyone in this town that smashes. well yea that chicken place (yardbirds) is worth gettin all u OOS'ers but w/e ill tell u guys about it when u get here. well marz i hear ull be at tbs tomorrow me and ram will stop by at like 130 or 2 to meet u and our main policy about joining our crew is to be able to smash with us as regularly as we smash and also to go to us to atleast one OOS tourny. also marz u wont need to bring controllers unless u want to because the main policy for all smash tournies that are big are BYOC (bring your own controller). yea also marz thanks for the contribution but me and ram got all the OOS'ers covered already with directions phone numbers and stuff so no need for u to worry about all this tournament setup stuff also me and ram got it.i mean i live by the mall and have my hwole life i know the area well. even tho mankosuki would tell u ram and i get lost more than anyone else ever. :chuckle: o yea marz one more thing if u could just bring ure cube we have 10 tv's and only 5 cubes coming so a cube (with game and mem card) would be most appreciated :chuckle:

XxXSeXySmAsHeRXxX

Smash Cadet
Ummmm......... yea so anyways...... I can bring a power strip too i forgot to tell u that. or maybe i already told u i dont kno u havnt updated wut im bringin to the tourny.... but n e ways! o0o0 i thought i would let all u guys kno i hope u like cute lil red hearts cuz ur getting one stamped on ur hand compliments of me!!!:laugh: :lick: so i also suggest not to wear a white shirt if u tend to sweat and lean on ur hands and stuff...;)

Mankosuki

Smash Champion
NNID
Mankosuki
3DS FC
1977-0214-1670
Marzz, one thing that would help out though is if you could provide any housing for the guys comming in from out of state.

Drumma_Boi

Smash Ace
@ sexysmasher - yea well i dont know y u didnt just tell me about the power strip because i am right next to u baby. and u better bake those cookies for everyone. ill help make them smash cookies. double tree... HELL YEA!!!!!!!!!

lol and yea guys we will tell if u paid and what kind of tourny u r in, by what/how many stamps are on ure hand. so dont be like rice and wear a white shirt to the g'ville tourny, lean om ure hand, and have a red flower died permanently on ure shirt. lol

Marzz

Smash Rookie
Marzz, one thing that would help out though is if you could provide any housing for the guys comming in from out of state.
Unfortunately, given my current housing situation (5 people in a 3 bedroom house) there's little room here. Besides, i'm nearly half an hour away from the store, i'm sure someone could find a closer place to stay.

Sighrax

Smash Lord
Hey, we'll (SLyNKee, Riot, TTB, Green, myself) see if we can get up there. Not sure if we'll need housing or whatever, we should know within the next week or so. It's still a ridiculously far drive, but, OOS'ers...

That and I want to play Nite pretty bad, even though he's Falco and does 0-15000% combos to me with the press of a button. (I think he uses MadCatz controllers with turbo :embarass)

RAM

Smash Lord
That's sounds great Mr Sighrax beside's playing Nite I never had the chance to play you. well let me know about your plans when the time come and I'll see what I can do about the housing it's getting cramped but I don't want anyone to miss out. man looks like this tourney is going to be bigger then expected.

WildStar

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, from the sounds of it all it seems like it'll be pretty fun. I'll definitely get back to you soon and see if I'm coming for sure!

Nite

Smash Champion
That and I want to play Nite pretty bad, even though he's Falco and does 0-15000% combos to me with the press of a button. (I think he uses MadCatz controllers with turbo :embarass)
Hahaha, oh no MadCatz for me man. Lol, it sounds like fun. I'm looking forward to playing OOS people. It's usually the OOS people coming to us.

Ooh, Sighrax. You team with Green Mario right? Me and Lance should get some team matches in with you guys.

Florida is too good, I can't wait for the tourney.

XxXSeXySmAsHeRXxX

Smash Cadet
hey guys this is drumma im just on my girls account... sorta in a rush today as well as being lazy. lol

anyways hell yea ill start organizing all the housing and ****. thanks to wildstar and sighrax for bringing even more and more people to this making this a great tourny for me and ram. also hey ram we have 5 vcrs dude thats is already 5 times more than most huge tournies we go to remember. lol i think we will get alot of good matches but like ram said guys more vcrs means more matches not missed. it also means i have to go out and buy a **** ton of tapes lol. w/e me not having a job will make buying these tapes even easier :lick: :chuckle: anyway thanks alot guys for all the intrest and support in our tourney.

Mankosuki

Smash Champion
NNID
Mankosuki
3DS FC
1977-0214-1670
You know I'll be bringing a VCR, I have one at practically every tourney I go to.

RAM

Smash Lord
well don't worry about the tapes My dad owe me another 450 dollars and I'm sure I have some useless tapes I can tape over and give to manko so he can work his magic. it was fun smashing at TBS today, Did you know that kid's name using Sheik Drummer? he was pretty good? also Marzz Your Y.Link is pretty good, you understand how to Play him but you use some moves at the wrong time frequently, but it's cool if you feel comftable doing that on a side note it does work ^_^. either way keep practicing and you'll do fine at the tourny. Hope Sighrax an Wildstar with company can make it. if this keeps up we'll have to have Pools or something.

P.S if Green Mario does come Sighrax tell him I want to ditto his Mario for fun.

Drumma_Boi

Smash Ace
i think ram meant to say if more people come we might need to have pools but i ont think so unless a major amount of locals come.... which most of them wkinda acted lame after seeing me and ram play today.... they were like o yea we will come but i dont think we will play... money and stuff...... I really dont like when locals act like that. i mean we all on smashboards no matter if we r sepheroth ken or some random dude that can barley wavedash, we all have a talent in this game because we practice at it. but people wouldnt give us one dollar for our talent... o well some people are cool about it like ram said this cool guy that plays shiek... wasnt even that bad (could kinda wd) w/e i forget his name. well i might get some more people to enter the tourny but i cant make people do something they dont want to.:chuckle:

Sighrax

Smash Lord
Hahaha, oh no MadCatz for me man. Lol, it sounds like fun. I'm looking forward to playing OOS people. It's usually the OOS people coming to us.

Ooh, Sighrax. You team with Green Mario right? Me and Lance should get some team matches in with you guys.

Florida is too good, I can't wait for the tourney.
Haha, I hope I can take off the weekend from my job x_X

If so, we'll probably be there. Yeah, I team with Greenie, if he can't go, I have no idea who I'd be teaming with. Maybe Chops? Who knows, all I do is spam knee in teams. ;)

Drumma_Boi

Smash Ace
so hey doodah r u bring tipman 1up and ure girlfriend? or who r u bringin?

WTF does this mean chops is coming un announced.... if so me and ram might need to save alittle bit of housing just in case.

TheVexer

Smash Rookie
hey

didn't know there were so many smashers in northflorida. Im in the niceville/bluewater area. I dont know about making the tournament, but i definately would like to maybe meet up with someone and play sometime. new blood is always nice hehe. leme know if anyone's interested

RAM

Smash Lord
I'm always willing to play Mr Vexer. and I have nothing but free time on my hands, I stay in Navarre.whenever you feel like playing just let me know and I can send you my info thru a private message.

3GOD

Smash Ace
What kind of schedule are we looking at for this tournament? I'm guessing registration at 11 AM? Doubles starting at 12 or someting?

I am interested in coming to this, but I kind of want to know how long the tournament should run. Doubles would be over by 2 probably if started by 12. You think singles over by 7 PM?

RAM

Smash Lord
To be honest we don't know Mr 3GOD because more ppl are starting to pop up. if everyone that says they are going to attend actually does then that's 30 Plus OOS players not to mention a good bit of locals know about it and we did'nt even put the fliers out yet. this thing is getting big. but we have 10 TV's so far not sure about our cube supply I think like 5 cubes. but we'll try to finish this as soon as we can.

3GOD

Smash Ace
Any of you guys ever made the trip to Starkville before? Mapquest is saying 6 hrs. 42 minutes, but I am thinking it is gonna be 5 to 5 1/2 hours tops based on the mileage of around 330 miles.

Basically I'm trying to figure out if I can make this trip, do the tourney, and still get back home around midnight.

RAM

Smash Lord
I doubt it will end that at 7 to be honest even if it did we will have another tourny. here's the choices

*Low Tiers*
*Random Character Tournament*
*Item Tournament*
*and Random Crew Tournament*

if we don't get to finish at TBS we'll finish at my house.

Mankosuki

Smash Champion
NNID
Mankosuki
3DS FC
1977-0214-1670
yeah, I've been out to Starkville before and there's no way you'd want to go there and back in one day. Better plan to get housing if you come.

CO

Smash Ace
NNID
CO_Runaway7
3DS FC
3136-6583-7782
3God-I havent heard from you since I played you at Lance's small tourney. If you are planning on going you should try to ride with us(Run7 and Don't Make Last). The more the merry, especially if we bus it.

Drumma_Boi

Smash Ace
well yea the tourny realisticlly the tourny should end at 9 or 10. hopefully it does also because ed(the owner of tbs) said he didnt want to close to much after

@ doodah - dude didnt that g'ville tourny that i got towed at didnt it end at like 6? lol because it took me 4 or so hours to get my **** car out because the *** hole left the towing company for an hour to go eat....... lazy ****** lol :chuckle: :chuckle:

Top Bottom