• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

$550 SSBB/SSBM PROS COMING! CoF: ANGRY SHINOBI CIRCUS 02/20-21/10 WINTHROP HARBOR, IL

Tomacawk

Smash Master
i'll do 3 for 5$ total
as in like me fox you marth, fox ditto, and my fox your sheik
and when you win them all you get 5 bucks
because id ont have the $ to do 5 bucks each but i want to play you a decent amount, and you don't want 1$ matches
so can we compromise on that?

Mew2King

King of the Mews
Cinnaminson (southwest NJ 5 min drive from Philly)
aight

ill accept fox sheik marth, and if people really want it falcon and peach too. Fox/Sheik/Marth if you want my best chars.

ill even doc ditto

tomacawk - ok i guess lol u can do 1 dollar if you REALLY want to it's just x.x everyone asks those *sigh* but it's better than nothing though

Quik17

Smash Ace
If you're doing Brawl MMs, I'll MM your MK with Wario for $5

I already played you in Melee so I don't really feel like doin a Melee MM

Devildigimon

Smash Lord
Jason I got your PM and I was kinda already thinking (an alternative solution) about what to do with the bonus pot prize money.

But I want to hear some suggestions from you all before I make a final decision.

There is $600 total I have now for bonus pot prize money.

- $200, is already for Naruto Rev 3 and SF4, AND THAT WILL DEFINITELY NOT CHANGE!

The other $400 is for Brawl and Melee ($300 and $100 for 1st respectively).

So what how do you guys suggest I split that money up?

Arty

Smash Lord
I suggest a $75, $50, $25, Split for 1st, 2nd 3rd in Brawl and Melee Singles, and $50 for first in Brawl and Melee Teams

Devildigimon

Smash Lord
As of today at this VERY MOMENT, LEMME SAY THIS :bee:

GUYS...

HOW DOES THIS SOUND?

( Hint: Read between the lines: )

How about I split the POT BONUS PRIZE MONEY LIKE THIS:

$250 GURANTEED POT BONUS for SSBB singles

$200 GURANTEED POT BONUS for SSBM singles

$50 GURANTEED POT BONUS for SSBB doubles

$50 GURANTEED POT BONUS for SSBM doubles

Devildigimon

Smash Lord
take 50 from both singles and put them into doubles
and is first taking the entire bonus?
That I can't do...yet. Reason being I'm doing my ****est to get as much pot bonus from my sponsors as I possibly can. The next wave of money I get, I PROMISE YOU ALL, I will throw into doubles for BOTH SSBB and SSBM.

The "YET" part is...

that if for some reason I don't get that extra money (on top of the $550 I already have set aside for SSBB and SSBM), then I will consider taking a small portion out of singles pot bonus monies for both games and putting it into the doubles pot bonus monies.

dayum webster. them be some monies
:bee: I am trying my ****est for you guys. I have NEVER been this dedicated to a tournament in my ENTIRE LIFE!!! but you ALL are an incredible community. and I really want to show my thanks by trying to hold the best show I possibly can.

It's going to take a community effort. And I will try my best to explain how later in this post.

[QUOTE}also seconding this question[/QUOTE]

Okay well I want to strongly leave that up to the community. Talk it out amongst yourselves with me making the final decision. I honestly can't make one right now. But as I hinted earlier I am willing to listen to feedback. I want what'll make EVERYONE happy. What will make me happy, is if you all show up to this event. And also...

This goes to every single person attending this tournament:

WE NEED YOU ALL BRING FULL SET UPS (T.Vs, SYSTEMS, GAMES)!!! OMFG I CAN NOT STRESS THIS ENOUGH. PLEASE EVERYONE BRING SET UPS FOR THE GAME(S) YOU WANT TO PLAY. WE DESPERATELY, NEED YOUR FULL SETUPS. IF YOU BRING A FULL SETUP THAT WE USE FOR THE TOURNAMENT, AND BELIEVE ME WE WILL TRY OUR ****EST NOT TO TURN ANY FULL SETUP AWAY, WE WILL WAIVE YOUR ENTIRE VENUE FEE FOR THE DAYS YOU ARE PRESENT AND WE USE YOUR FULL SETUP!!!

THIS COMES ON A FIRST COME FIRST SERVED BASIS. AND YOU PERSONALLY HAVE TO BRING THE FULL SETUP. YOU ARE NOT ALLOWED TO MOOCH (LOL) OFF YOUR FRIEND'S FULL SETUP. BECAUSE THAT'S NOT FAIR TO SOMEONE ELSE WHO DID BRING A FULL SETUP.

I DESPERATELY WANT TO MAKE ALL OF THIS CLEAR!!!

WITH A COMMUNITY EFFORT WE CAN HAVE A GREAT SHOW/TOURNAMENT. I MOST DEFINITELY WANT THAT, AND I HOPE YOU DO TOO. :)

Wafles

Smash Lord
I personally think the bonus should be all first place, or give $50 to 2nd place, but I don't think that spreading it over the top 3 should be done.

Tomacawk

Smash Master
I think it should be allocated to top 3 in the same manner that prize money will be
60 - 30 - 10 or whatever

Devildigimon

Smash Lord
Ally would like to have a word with you. ;)

But see this is why I'm running this tournament. To get the pros out to play.

ALL OF MICHIGAN at the very least better be at this tournament. I know my WI and IL **** (and awesome ladies :) ) will be there.

For other fighting games I got some of the West Coast coming too. So hopefully they talked to some Smash players and convinced them to come to my tournament.

I WANT EVERYONE TO BE HERE.

It's going to be GDLK to say the VERY LEAST!!! :bee:

HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHYYYYYYYYYYPPPPEEEE!!!

Mew2King

King of the Mews
Cinnaminson (southwest NJ 5 min drive from Philly)
i was hoping teams would be a bit more like maybe instead of 250:50 it could be like 200:100 or instead of 200:50 it could be 150:100, so that my ride (teammate) would take me. My main melee ride would be vidjo, or my main brawl ride would be shugo/dj_s. Not so much concentrating on melee than splitting it up into teams a little bit. Not a big diff either way just saying.

Oro?!

Smash Hero
Tomacawk I didn't think anyone was beating Mango either but **** happens. He had hangover johns or w/e. Don't get too ****ed up the night before M2K lol.

Tomacawk

Smash Master
mango losing isn't that insane though--everybody is getting really good at melee and RoM2 had stacked *** brackets
but at THIS tournament, as far as melee, nobody will even challenge m2k lol

Devildigimon

Smash Lord
Thanks u guys. Much appreciated!!! :D

ALSO...

WE NEED MORE PRE REGS FROM U ALL!!!

Gimme dat info, mix dat HYPERAID!!!!

Tomacawk

Smash Master
i'll prereq but idk if im coming yet
name-Tomacawk (Luke Woodyard) btw if it's possible, can you enter my name as Sir Roderick Ponce von Fontlebottom the Magnificent *******?
games-ssbm singles and doubles
locale-springfield il

btw melee stage rules
are you doing the new gay rules with stadium as a cp
or are you doing the old school hetero stadium is random
i couldn't find it in ur post

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
Since I can only attend Saturday.

Username (Name): Red Ryu (Justin Nahin)
Games you want to play: Super Smash Brothers Brawl Doubles, Naruto: Clash of Ninja Revolution 3, Super Smash Brothers Brawl Singles, Street Fighter 4, Melty Blood Actress Again.

I can bring a set-up for Naruto and SSBB.

Devildigimon

Smash Lord
Guys...

Just wanted to give you guys an update on the pre registration list:

CoF: A.S.C

Pre Reg List

Please Note: Pre Registration just started in December/09, this tournament has been posted since October on a variety of websites. I am opening Pre Registration now, to get a more accurate count of who's definitely coming to this tournament. So please Pre Register for the games you want to play, and show your support.

SSBB Singles:

- devildigimon (WI)
- scythe (IL)
- yoshq (WI)
- kappy (IL)
- arty (IL)
- wafles (WI)
- zwarm (IL)
- quik (IL)
- ook (IL)
- red ryu (IL)

SSBB Singles (LT):

- yoshq (WI)
- kappy (IL)

SSBB Doubles:

- kappy (IL)
- arty (IL)
- wafles (WI)
- zwarm (IL)
- quik (IL)
- ook (IL)
- red ryu (IL)

SSBB Doubles (LT):

- yoshq (WI)
- kappy (IL)
- arty (IL)
- wafles (WI)
- zwarm (IL)
- quik (IL)

SSBM Singles:

- eighteenspikes (WI)
- scythe (IL)
- cosmo! (IL)
- arty (IL) *maybe*
- quaz (WI)
- wafles (WI)
- quik (IL)
- Tomacawk (IL)

SSBM Doubles:

- eighteenspikes (WI)
- scythe (IL)
- cosmo! (IL)
- quaz (WI)
- quik (IL)
- Tomacawk (IL)

SSBB+:

- devildigimon (WI)
- kappy (IL)
- arty (IL)
- zwarm (IL) *maybe*
- quik (IL)
- ook (IL)

SSB64:

:(

Naruto Rev 3:

- devildigimon (WI)
- red ryu (IL)

SC2:

- devildigimon (WI)

SC4:

- devildigimon (WI)
- cosmo! (IL)
- wafles (WI) *maybe*
- zwarm (IL)

SF4:

- red ryu (IL)

BB:

GGXXAC:

MBAA:

- devildigimon (WI)
- red ryu (IL)

Confirmed Full Setups:

- devildigimon (SSBB/Naruto Rev 3/SC2/GGXXAC/MBAA
- wafles (SSBB/SSBM)
- yoshq (SSBB)
- red ryu (IL) (SSBB/Naruto Rev3)

IF YOU DO NOT SEE YOUR NAME ANYWHERE OR IN THE CORRECT SPOTS ON THE PRE REGISTER LIST, PLEASE LET ME KNOW ASAP!!!

Top Bottom