• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

9/04/10 - WATO12 -Western Airlines Travel Occidentally -Feat M2K and Money Drama!!!

derf

Smash Ace
id be interested in coming to these, but i probably cant come on 8/9 because i have finals/term project around then

Laijin

Smash Hero
but i beat you last time
Did you? You did beat my Young Link. But if I remember correctly, and since this is central FL im allowed to john a lot since thats all you guys do(Well. Hbox and Hiroshi does it a lot. No offense to anyone, but its pretty true.). I definantly killed myself like 3 times that match. lol. I was all like "Oh cool. Im just gonna run off the ledge at 0%. :]". So no, if you wanna say you beat me and I actually acknowledge it, we gotta play again.

Anyways. Finch, YL does suck. But he is by far the most fun character to use in the entire game.
But anyways, Fox is still overall a better character than Jiggs. Unlike Jigglypuff, Fox is just clearly awesome at everything he does.
He can spam and camp.
He is fast.
Does quick damage.
Gimps.
Combos.
All his grabs are good.
Awesome recovery.
etc etc.
Now im just ranting, but you get the point.

Finch

Smash Lord
Obviously fox is a better character than jiggs, but saying someone shouldn't use jiggs because fox is better is stupid because you can say that about any character in the game except marth and shiek.

Not to mention it seems pretty hypocritical coming from a low tier main.

Laijin

Smash Hero
Im just saying.
I don't want anyone to make the same mistake I did when I decided to main Young Link. No one needs to suffer that much. lol.
Which is why I always suggest maining a high tier to new players. :]

Finch

Smash Lord
Considering the huge sucess mid tier mains have had in FL (hungrybox, esam, green mario, linguini, etc.) I don't think you need to discourage people from maining jigglypuff. ;)

Laijin

Smash Hero
If you want story. Guilty Gear has a lot more story and character development than smash bros(or any of your average fighting games).
If you play through Guilty Gear 1 all the way up to X2, there is obvious story. They even spawned a manga, audio dramas and spin-off games.
What makes GG so good as a competitive fighting game is the fact that they purposely rerelease the game and fine tune it in terms of balance. X2 has been rereleased a gazillion times. Its esentially the same game with more advanced techs, better balance and a slight change in the character's moveset.
This could either be pure laziness, or an appeal to the comp. community. :O
Either way, GG is fun.
Oh..and who plays a fighting game for it's story? o_0

gallax

Smash Hero
i agree with frames about the triweekly melee/brawl thing. i live in orlando and would mos def go to these. the only thing is that i now suck badly in melee and i dont think i would ever participate in melee against...unless i quit brawl forever and switch back.

Top Bottom