• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

9/19/09 - Gigabits - Back 2 School Brawl

Status
Not open for further replies.

FlatSoda

Smash Champion
I'd like to take this moment to remind everyone that I COULD'VE been here. :(
I think that everyone who would like to see you in tournaments should definitely back you up on tournaments you want to enter. lol.

have backups for backups and backups for those.
naples couldve taken a different route and picked ya up.

there should be some get red halberd to tournaments association. :laugh:

Hai Im Fearless

Smash Lord
why do ppl want red halberd to go to tournaments so bad?

also I want to give a shoutout to sparky, that guy is ****ing amazing for it being his first tournament

OverLade

Smash Hero
I thought about asking Naples but it was too late. :( I'll keep them as a last resort next time. Tampa was really F'd this time. Noel "who was my ride" got Food poisoning the night before, and Polmex...was Polmex.

@Fearless: Because I'm black. :)

Fenrir VII

Smash Master
So this is all just a guess, but I think I can get it to top 9 placings

1. Seibrik
2. HRNUT
3. C018
4. Hbox
5. radiX
5. fearless
7. Mk18
7. GDX
9. Sparky
9. Fenrir
9. Mata
9. <3

I think this is all correct...

hiROI

Smash Lord
Fun tourny!

I was taken to RC twice. Hate that stage, so stupid :embarrass

ShoutOfOutz~

Kyon: Had a great time hanging out with you :bee: More Peach dittos. And I swear I'll teach you bonewalk soon

Eight: Great DaeDaeDae! Gordos>Peach :(

solidNeku: Nice stuff man ;)

PKBasis: Your Toon Link has gotten better from last time I saw you! Zair MOAR

MK18: Nice Set ;) RC: :mad:

UCF: Thank you for everything! Caps, I'ma let you finish, but thanks for the ride :chuckle: Gallax, Tony, Raz, Gindz, xYz, ZMT, Thanks for the friendlies ;) HOPEFULLY I CAN MAKE IT TO A UCF SMASHFEST BEFORE 2 MONTHS.

-Sensei-

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Sensei544
Overall a fun tourney for me. My Snake curse continues as this is the third straight tourney that I've been knocked out by a Snake player. Radix and Gallax, I'm calling you guys out to give me some Snake practice. Highlight of the tourney for me was finally getting to play on the live stream TV.

Shoutouts:

CRSN: I honestly didn't even know you entered singles until they called your match on TV 1. Good stuff.
Solid Neku: It's always good teaming with you. Your Fox is getting better. We need to work on more teamwork though.
<3: GOOD ****. Our matches were soooooo close. But when I saw you send Chaz to loser's bracket your next match, all was clear.
Mata: GOOD ****. Your PT has gotten even more beast. Shame I didn't get to play you at all at gigs.
Sparky: I couldn't figure out how my partner and I kept losing to you and a guy you had just met in doubles friendlies. After seeing your singles results, I know now. Awesome job, especially for your first tourney.
DragonXzero: You've got a pretty good Diddy. I felt kinda bad our first match cause I really should have lost. It sucks that Diddy has no kill power and my DI was taken to the next level. I could kinda tell you were a bit shaken the second match as a result. I used to do the same thing (every now and then, I still do) but you shouldn't let matches get to you like that. Good games though.
Fearless: It was good chillin' with you for a bit. Good friendlies. I need to learn that Olimar matchup (I had no idea he could grab me while on the ledge lol).
Gallax: Sorry about your car and that you couldn't get there in time to register. Good job commentating my match. I seriously need to hit you up for some Snake practice.
F-18: Good matches. I learned that my Luigi just isn't ready for tournament just yet.

Anyone else I played, Good Games and I'll see everyone at the next gigs.

LozanoGarbanzo

Smash Ace
Orlando(UCF), FL [br] Click my sig, you won't.
Fun tourny!

I was taken to RC twice. Hate that stage, so stupid :embarrass

ShoutOfOutz~

Kyon: Had a great time hanging out with you :bee: More Peach dittos. And I swear I'll teach you bonewalk soon

Eight: Great DaeDaeDae! Gordos>Peach :(

solidNeku: Nice stuff man ;)

PKBasis: Your Toon Link has gotten better from last time I saw you! Zair MOAR

MK18: Nice Set ;) RC: :mad:

UCF: Thank you for everything! Caps, I'ma let you finish, but thanks for the ride :chuckle: Gallax, Tony, Raz, Gindz, xYz, ZMT, Thanks for the friendlies ;) HOPEFULLY I CAN MAKE IT TO A UCF SMASHFEST BEFORE 2 MONTHS.

what is that, and how do you do it

Sandtru27

Smash Lord
Yo why are you guys still going to tourneys for a dead game?

TMNT SMASH UP is where it is at

this game is better than brawl LOL but what isn't...... ?

TMNT SMASH UP BOIIIIIIIIIIIIZ

Exdeath

Smash Master
Seibrik: That game on Brinstar was so close! I look forward to playing you again.

Chaz: You're a really cool guy. We should have more White Knight 'dittos' next time. :)

Ocho:
Our third game was almost a three-way tie; you almost had two kills, I had two kills, and the beam cannon had two kills. :laugh:

GDX: Your Diddy is really good. I need Diddy experience with my Meta Knight if you're interested. Snake rolled over on you hard this tournament. :dizzy:

Mata: Your Pokemon Trainer is amazing. I have no idea how to play against Charizard with Snake. He's like a DDD with a flamethrower.

Radix: You read me like a book all through our set. Was I just that predictable?

Gallax:
Is too funny. *SDs* "That's not what I was trying to do, this was." *SDs* "...**** it." :laugh: Thank you for holding the Smashfest after the tournament and for helping me with my match-ups. On my way home, I figured out how to play the Snake match-up that doesn't only involve camping with my Up-B. :laugh:

Hiroi:
Very nice Peach. You completely outplayed me. Our set at the Smashfest was really close.

Sparky:
Nice Pikachu.

Sensei:
Nice Mario, as always. You need to get those Ice Climber chain grabs down.

Zelda Master Timmy:
Thanks for the friendlies. Meta Knight's Up-B is too weird.

Razek

Smash Apprentice
Not sure if people are mixing me up with silverspark or not.The pika player that was wearing a brown shirt and brown ucf hat was Razek(aka me) and silver spark is the really white acting black kid wearing a blue shirt( hes kool ) :)

danielkon369

Smash Apprentice
Overall a fun tourney for me. My Snake curse continues as this is the third straight tourney that I've been knocked out by a Snake player. Radix and Gallax, I'm calling you guys out to give me some Snake practice. Highlight of the tourney for me was finally getting to play on the live stream TV.

Shoutouts:

CRSN: I honestly didn't even know you entered singles until they called your match on TV 1. Good stuff.
Solid Neku: It's always good teaming with you. Your Fox is getting better. We need to work on more teamwork though.
<3: GOOD ****. Our matches were soooooo close. But when I saw you send Chaz to loser's bracket your next match, all was clear.
Mata: GOOD ****. Your PT has gotten even more beast. Shame I didn't get to play you at all at gigs.
Sparky: I couldn't figure out how my partner and I kept losing to you and a guy you had just met in doubles friendlies. After seeing your singles results, I know now. Awesome job, especially for your first tourney.
DragonXzero: You've got a pretty good Diddy. I felt kinda bad our first match cause I really should have lost. It sucks that Diddy has no kill power and my DI was taken to the next level. I could kinda tell you were a bit shaken the second match as a result. I used to do the same thing (every now and then, I still do) but you shouldn't let matches get to you like that. Good games though.
Fearless: It was good chillin' with you for a bit. Good friendlies. I need to learn that Olimar matchup (I had no idea he could grab me while on the ledge lol).
Gallax: Sorry about your car and that you couldn't get there in time to register. Good job commentating my match. I seriously need to hit you up for some Snake practice.
F-18: Good matches. I learned that my Luigi just isn't ready for tournament just yet.

Anyone else I played, Good Games and I'll see everyone at the next gigs.

yea man i guess, i havent played the game in months and since my friends came over all the way from naples i decided to enter and try how id would do in the tourney but yea man good matches.

F-18

Poltergust

Smash Master
NNID
Poltergust
3DS FC
3609-1547-9922
Chaz forfeited to Poltergust for some reason.
W-W-W-W-WHAT!? I beat him. For the first time, too. Don't put it down as a forfeit. I won against him fair and square.

Anyways, looking at the top 10 results, I suppose I placed 13th since if I won against GDX I would have faced Fenrir.

I have to admit, this has to be the 2nd-worst tournament I've been to (1st being the third FG). Not only would no one team up with me, but I did terribly in my matches against Seibrik and GDX. GDX is understandable since the matches were close regardless, but there is no excuse whatsoever by getting JV 3-stocked by Seibrik. I lost my touch with the King Dedede and Diddy match-ups for some reason; they now seem harder than Marth and Snake.... :(

:069:

-!-

Smash Lord
Wait, u got 3 stocked by his DDD? I heard u got wreck by him but I assumed it was by MK.

-!-

Smash Lord
I've gotten a couple of those... usually when I stay in the hot venue with no food/water for hours. :(

Sensei Seibrik

Smash Hero
Fenrir always did well, no?

He did real well vs Co18 from what I saw.
Sad I didn't get to MM him... I was tooo tired this tourny, just wanted to sit around, sorry guys.

I had fun regardless, and mix you shouldn't be surprised, my ddd is gettinn siiiick.

Polt, why not just MM my ddd so you don't have bad matches? at least that way if u get beat just as bad you know its difference in skill, not u playing bad one match.

Keep in mind, it went from me winning, THEN me jv three stocking you.
This most likely means that at best you went even with me, then when I did adapt while being even, it just got worse from there, since I don't really recall you suiciding.If you did please refresh my memory. Just breakin down how things work, I don't like seeing silly logic sometimes.

Good job vs chaz though. Would like to hear more about that.

-!-

Smash Lord
Yea I noticed ur DDD is getting sicker :) I didn't expect Polt. To do that badly but daam I wanna play now.

Btw I wanna mm ur MK with my Kirby. Need some major experience to get the best of it. I was gonna ask u but I wasn't feeling it :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom