• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

9/19/09 - Gigabits - Back 2 School Brawl

Status
Not open for further replies.

Poltergust

Smash Master
NNID
Poltergust
3DS FC
3609-1547-9922
Polt, why not just MM my ddd so you don't have bad matches? at least that way if u get beat just as bad you know its difference in skill, not u playing bad one match.

Keep in mind, it went from me winning, THEN me jv three stocking you.
This most likely means that at best you went even with me, then when I did adapt while being even, it just got worse from there, since I don't really recall you suiciding.If you did please refresh my memory. Just breakin down how things work, I don't like seeing silly logic sometimes.

Good job vs chaz though. Would like to hear more about that.
Yeah, that first match was just awful. I never did that badly against you before. Not even against your Meta Knight. Also, I did suicide in our second match. I just did a random Yoshi Bomb when I was hanging off the ledge. The worst part is that we were even in that match up to that point. =_=

But sure, I'll MM your King Dedede... in three weeks, because I can't go to another one until like October 10th. Speaking of MMs, I didn't do a single one at Gigs. No one who I was going to MM showed up, or at least I didn't see them. :(

And about me vs. Chaz, do you want me to PM you the details of our match or just say it here?

:069:

Poltergust

Smash Master
NNID
Poltergust
3DS FC
3609-1547-9922
Eh, why not? It was a pretty intense match (well, for me it was). I'll just say it and go to bed. :p

So, after doing some stage-striking, we played our first match on Smashville. The match was extremely even. I think I got a spike on him here, but even with that I barely edged out a win.

After that, I chose to ban Brinstar over Battlefield since I lost to him last time we went to Brinstar, and we never fought on Battlefield before. This match wasn't as close, as he one-stocked me with low percentage. It's so hard to break through Marth's walling on that stage....

I (quite stupidly) called Halberd as my counterpick before he banned a stage against me. Thankfully, he decided not to ban it and we went there. This stage is my main counterpick against Marth, so I came up with the win here. In the end, I think I may have two-stocked him, but I can't remember exactly. I know that I had quite a lead by the time the match ended, though.

:069: That's the gist of it.

Rx-

A.K.A. Disafter
since when can people ban stages after the set starts?

but more importantly... since when can people ban stages by the THIRD MATCH?

if you don't ban a stage before you begin the set, it's assumed that you didn't ban anything.

was that part of the new rules? you ban right before your opponent counterpicks?

i'm very interested

xYz

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1049-0933-6834
wow chaz is a beast... is polt that good?? i thought he was a noob. lollawllol.

Sensei Seibrik

Smash Hero
well here's the logic of bans.

For this tourny, and many others, theres a system called Stage Striking.

At the begining of the set you dont NEED to ban a stage with stage striking, since stage striking takes care of any neutrals you wouldn't wanna go to anyway.

so the logic is that when you win a match, u ban a stage. done and done.

Gindler

Smash Champion
Its a Peach thing :chuckle:
First time you did that "bonewalking" impressed me. Full sprint turnip pull into Nair to kill me and win doubles. Too too legit.

I have to admit, this has to be the 2nd-worst tournament I've been to (1st being the third FG). Not only would no one team up with me, but I did terribly in my matches against Seibrik and GDX. GDX is understandable since the matches were close regardless, but there is no excuse whatsoever by getting JV 3-stocked by Seibrik. I lost my touch with the King Dedede and Diddy match-ups for some reason; they now seem harder than Marth and Snake.... :(

:069:
That JV 3-stock was upsetting, you usually work D3's from what I recall :)

wow chaz is a beast... is polt that good?? i thought he was a noob. lollawllol.
Polt is legit, I do want to see Chaz's testimony still. I almost beat him at like the second gigs, but that's back when everyone sucked so it doesn't count :lick:

MaTA

Smash Ace
NNID
MatisElite
it was actually fun fighting seibrik for once... everytime i tried to something came up so guess actually fighting in the tourney was better. Still like my 0 to 80 some percent craziness on him. I thought i did fairly good till my ivy mishaps... dont really know why he didn't grab the ledge.

but looking forward to playing him again :)

B_AWAL

Smash Master
since when can people ban stages after the set starts?

but more importantly... since when can people ban stages by the THIRD MATCH?

if you don't ban a stage before you begin the set, it's assumed that you didn't ban anything.

was that part of the new rules? you ban right before your opponent counterpicks?

i'm very interested
well here's the logic of bans.

For this tourny, and many others, theres a system called Stage Striking.

At the begining of the set you dont NEED to ban a stage with stage striking, since stage striking takes care of any neutrals you wouldn't wanna go to anyway.

so the logic is that when you win a match, u ban a stage. done and done.
Took da words outta my head!!!!

VIDS!?!?!?!?!?!

Fenrir VII

Smash Master
Yay, back to top ten for me... I missed the last tourney I went to, but every other Fox tourney other than Fast, I've gotten top ten.

Sorry about the MM Seibrik... I kinda had to run on everybody, as well... I'll get you one at some point. I'd like to play your MK again, as well...

Curaga, heck yeah it should be a staple. lol

Overall, I think the stage striking was really, really good... even better than I previously thought it would be. I recommend this ruleset become tourney standard... just too legit.

Lol at Seibrik's comments about my playing on Lylat for the first round against Co18, though. : ) Lylat is one of Fox's best stages... especially for a neutral stage. I mean, you have to get around the weird recoveries, but the game has been out over a year... we should really have all moved past that by now, shouldn't we? Otherwise, it's really large with very good platform spacing for fox... overall good stage.

I'll post more later..

On a side note, I had a notebook at the tourney that GDX used some of the paper to brace the inputs on TV 5... does anybody have that notebook? I can't find it. : / It had all my class notes for this semester.

Emo^Wolf

Smash Journeyman
chAZ told me he forfeit to polt so i do want to see what chaz said was true. chaz is fxcking sxckk lol at the match vs f-18 but i dont think chaz would lie about giving you the match and the stage striking was too good. dxmn hrnut man your alco is sickkk man and goood matches i felt like i could of done alottt better but next time. good shxt to everyone and not good shxt to spaming pika LOL shoutouts later or maybee not i might forget

-!-

Smash Lord
looks like I got 5th in teams... anyways, Shoutouts (too late :confused:):

anyone I played:
GGs XD

still don't know how I managed to fight 3 Olimars lol Fearless and Angel... we gotta play some more :) I had never fought an Olimar and daamn my snake sucks against him, but my New character seemed to work better since the last two matches where close. Had fun though :) Fearless your too good, gotta play me at the next tournament we meet :)

ohh 8-Bit thanks for the dittos, been a while XD we should do some more next time :)

-!-

MaTA

Smash Ace
NNID
MatisElite
ha yeah Hbox apparently i've gotten better. Garbagesaur still gimps e sometimes though :( but i can hold my own. We'll have to play a friendly or something so you can see for yourself.

and thanks for all who told me im good ha, I now have more then gindler as a fan :p

Sandtru27

Smash Lord
Mata is too good

thanks for the retro shoutout, yeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

i was wearing my hat when you said it :) :) :) :O

Sandtru27

Smash Lord
lol Mata makes this game look enjoyable

i wish i went

idk, i'm gonna mix it up bringing a new char. into the mix (MIXCOATLLLLLLLLLLLLLL lol i said "mix" a lot)

but w/e *** wario

**** is soooooooo boring (esp. how all the *** warios play)

Noa.

Smash Master
Mix, yeah oli can be a hard matchup for Snake when he doesn't know the matchup. Snake plays very differently since he's kinda outcamped. You should ask radix for some pointers. He's annoying to play against. >.>

On the other hand, I need help with Wario. I'd like to play your wario some more too.

I can't view the file since it's a pdf and my computer doesn't have adobe. Though I can download it.

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
LessThanPi

i wish i went

idk, i'm gonna mix it up bringing a new char. into the mix (MIXCOATLLLLLLLLLLLLLL lol i said "mix" a lot)

but w/e *** wario

pick up sheik.

-!-

Smash Lord

i wish i went

but w/e *** wario

Lolol its cool man :). ill let it slide this time XD

Mix, yeah oli can be a hard matchup for Snake when he doesn't know the matchup. Snake plays very differently since he's kinda outcamped. You should ask radix for some pointers. He's annoying to play against. >.>

On the other hand, I need help with Wario. I'd like to play your wario some more too.

I can't view the file since it's a pdf and my computer doesn't have adobe. Though I can download it.
Yea I ahould ask radix. About that match up... Its hard lol

Next time we meet well play some more :) btw ur Angel right?

Master Raven

Smash Master
Can someone post the bracket results... not in pdf format?

For whatever reason my Adobe software can't read that any longer. I dunno why.

HRNUT (Honey Roasted)

Smash Master
well you don't wanna fight olimar on lylat with snake i know that, messes up alot of stuff lol olimar's best neutral imo after fighting fearless there, i'd say take oli to FD or smashville with snake

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom