• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

A more balanced ssb64?

WOTG

Banned via Warnings
Fox's laser damage is kinda useful against heavy characters because you need to rack up some damage on them first otherwise at low percents fox's aerials don't have enough stun time to start a combo
You're right, I just realized this. But what I see in nerfing his laser damage, is that it would make it harder for Fox to stay dominate over characters like Link and Jigglypuff.... Then again it might just make Fox players play more campy.

The Star King

Smash Hero
Wouldn't less laser damage encourage Fox players to play LESS campy? Less reward for same risk. That's what I thought point was.

WOTG

Banned via Warnings
Wouldn't less laser damage encourage Fox players to play LESS campy? Less reward for same risk. That's what I thought point was.
Yeah that was my point of nerfing lasers. That way he won't have a total dominate advantage over some characters. But what Ballin said is also quite true, and may make some people play more campy.

BRLNK88

Smash Ace
It would balance out his absurd offense.

Link isn't an offensive powerhouse, thus he's allowed to have a strong camp game.

asianaussie

Smash Hero
link has some of the highest damaging normal aerials/smashes in the game...by like 2-ish% lol

the reason he camps is because he's slow and can't jump very high and stuff

BRLNK88

Smash Ace
link has some of the highest damaging normal aerials/smashes in the game...by like 2-ish% lol

the reason he camps is because he's slow and can't jump very high and stuff
I never said he has weak attacks, I said he's weak offensively.
For that reason he can deal a lot of damage in a very short amount of time when he gets a combo going.
But like you said, he's too slow and weighty to do it unless he creates an opening by camping.

Top Bottom