• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[A Robotic Match-Up Directory] Official Match-up Discussion (14 - Clean Up!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sudai

Stuff here
We can have thorough discussions with 2-3 a week, I think. That's one of the main reasons I wanted to make the match-up discussion the way I did, a separate thread for each character. This means discussion can continue even if we've moved on to the next char.

stingers

Smash Obsessed
You don't think people will be more focused on one discussion then another and the other discussion will be neglected? Really?

1 a week is definitely the best option.

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
Wario is another one we've beaten to death recently.

I think the character discussions should be more dynamic. If the one we're discussing right now is really active, hold off on doing the next character for a while. But if we talk about one for a day and have said all there is to say, then we might as well move on.

Sudai

Stuff here
I'm back from my week long hiatus. We need to get another thread going. Wario thread is moving slowly.

Thanks again for making that for me, JCaes.

CJTHeroofTime

Smash Lord
Thanks, Sudai. After getting knocked out of tourneys twice consecutively (KirinBlaze and some other player that I don't know), I am looking forward to this lol.

By the way, CJ sounds wierd lol. Maybe it's just me. W'ever.

Sudai

Stuff here
That works cause there's a good snake player in Louisiana named CJ.

So.

CJTHeroofTime shall henceforth be known as W'ever. It has been done!

I know that's not what you meant, but that's what you get. ; )

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
Sooo, I'm gonna vote DK next. I've been having a lot of trouble with the matchup recently, and it isn't one that we've already beaten to death.

toasty

Smash Hero
Norfolk/Virginia Beach, VA - IT'S SOVA, BABY! <
lmao I was wondering if this would happen...

last night your away message was smashfest at DK Smash's
my first thought "dammmn he must be getting good practice cuz that matchup's rough...AND it's DK Smash, he's kind of a monster.........wait...would JCz even do well against him?" and here you are hahaha

he's really good though @_@ DK, too...so much strength ;__;

and YO WTF at early autocombos with tilt->downB...does stupid damage from a ridiculous range...

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
Actually I only got 2 matches vs DK Smash's DK, and I was starting to figure it out halfway through the 2nd match (made a full 3 stock comeback but he got the last hit). It's actually Travis' DK that completely ***** me in a MM that I'm mostly referring to.

Last night we were mostly playing teams with H2YL and Clay Cooters, good times ^_^

toasty

Smash Hero
Norfolk/Virginia Beach, VA - IT'S SOVA, BABY! <
gahhhhh sooo jealous!!!!!!
and yo I totally would have said Travis's DK if I knew he was there, that man is CRAZY!!! And not just the kind where he's smart cuz he's Asian or anything...

dude it sucks for Kadaj, the only people he lost to at the last Chu Biweekly that we attended:
DK Smash
Chinesahh

>_>

emergency

Smash Journeyman
That would be helpful, I think my friend is picking up on DK. So this disscussion would really help!!
Thanks in advance!

Syde7

The Sultan of Smut
NNID
syde_7
Evidently, Sudai and I have the EXACT same opinions. After looking at his "opinion chart", i concur completely. Good stuff. Even if it may be off, its comforting to see that someone else finds Kirby, Sonic, Bowser, Pikachu, Diddy, Peach, and Falco as troublesome enough to warrant it being even, slightly in our favor or slightly against.

I disagree on only one or two points... but, as the original post said, I'm not going to go into that here. Good stuffs muh man.

Edit: we should have polls added to each matchup thread near the end of the discussion period, and the community vote on what they perceive the matchup to be.

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
Who has trouble with Sonic? :confused:

I dunno if polls for the matchup ratio are a good idea. TBH some people's opinions are worth more than others...

DRaGZ

Smash Champion
Sonic is only troublesome if you have no idea what his tricks are, which is a common circumstance considering Sonic himself is quite uncommon. Despite what the Sonic boards say, it's really not a large issue for R.O.B. at all.

Sudai

Stuff here
I don't have issues with sonics at all, but I just don't feel that either side has a notable advantage. Iunno.

We'll get to that one eventually. Making the DK thread.

jjvirus

Smash Champion
If it isn't too early to make a suggestion for the next thread...I nominate G&W. I still need help with the psycho piece of paper <_<

Sudai

Stuff here
Switch mains. Like..really. There's a new tech called Bucket Breaking that makes it even harder for ROB to win because GnW lives 30-40% longer... :/

Jamnt0ast

Smash Journeyman
and yeah. use snake vs GnW it's the only way now. (even though utilt now takes 3 more hits to kill >_____>)

Syde7

The Sultan of Smut
NNID
syde_7
Sonic is only troublesome if you have no idea what his tricks are, which is a common circumstance considering Sonic himself is quite uncommon. .
My point, exactly, in regards to the difficulty I have. I see a competant Sonic... once every... 2 months, it seems.

Sudai

Stuff here
Go read up the technical stuff on the Sonic Boards then. That's what I do when I know there's gonna be a character that I'm unsure about.

Syde7

The Sultan of Smut
NNID
syde_7
Go read up the technical stuff on the Sonic Boards then. That's what I do when I know there's gonna be a character that I'm unsure about.
No.

Actually, Im just kidding. Its a good idea, and I do it myself a lot of times, in conjunction with trying some of the stuff out myself so I know what it looks like, and what normally proceeds and follows after and such. I just A) haven't gotten around to it, and B) just need to SEE it more often. I'll get on it, tho. Ty, Sudai.

Sudai

Stuff here
We've never done Lucario. I'd be happy to do either though as I have enough experience with both to feel that I can contribute at least as much as I did with DK. I still need to get around to doing a synopsis for the first 4 match ups though..haha. Soon enough. :x

Lucario - 2
Toon Link - 1

I'm gonna take tally for them from now on cause I have a feeling we're gonna be more divided on who wants what soon. :x

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom