• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[A Robotic Match-Up Directory] Official Match-up Discussion (14 - Clean Up!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sudai

Stuff here
It's a lie guys, don't listen to him!! :o

I mean..it's not hard. Back your **** up with facts and you win? Lawl. But no, there is one way to beat me without actual support for your ideas..but that's something I'd really rather not talk about and there's probably only two people in the world that know of it.

GameQ

Smash Cadet
I'm just going to throw this out here. I want to put a nomination in for Peach to be discussed in the near future. She has the uncanny ability to float in my blind spots and can chuck turnips at a fair rate. Not to forget to mention that I always get shield poked and spot dodge doesn't seem to work.

Mr.E

Smash Lord
Just flip N - 1 where N = number of entrants and have a table like this:

Heads - Tails
--0-------3-----TLink
--1-------2-----Pikachu
--2-------1-----Zelda
--3-------0-----Sonic
In other words, you're skewing the chances toward Pikachu/Zelda?

Also, Pikachu.

toasty

Smash Hero
Norfolk/Virginia Beach, VA - IT'S SOVA, BABY! <
great now we're all going to try and get one...[lol well I've thought about it for a while but I know that it'll only give me more reason to waste away on the boards...seriously, I'm really weak for spending WAY too much time on the boards if I have even the slightest cause to do so....if only I could MOD my regional thread :( that'd be good...I kinda serve as the Sudai of SoVa anyway]

I think JCz is sad because he's not a BRoomer like he wanted to be :)

Sudai

Stuff here
I really wanna be a BRoomer. Not for the Broomer status (lawl at BRoomers accidentally saving their passwords on my laptop so I can see it anyway), but I want the purple name. Red is close..but not close enough. : (

Sudai

Stuff here
I don't actually know the password, but when I type in the person's name it auto-fills. <3 Mozilla. Haha. I don't actually log in to read anymore anyway, there's rarely a relevant conversation and I know enough BRoomers to know what's going on without actually going back there anyway. :x

Sudai

Stuff here
I need to buy a new power cord for my laptop (on a friend's comp) and once I do I'm filling in DK and Marth. Possibly Lucario. I don't think we've actually had an agreement on the other match-ups though.

Sudai

Stuff here
Ugh, triple post time. I'm gonna have to give myself an infraction..

I updated the chart in the OP with the match-up numbers that have been agreed upon. If you have have any disputes with these numbers feel free to bring them up and I will tell you what led to my final decision on the number.

Synopsis will have to wait till later in the week. I have an essay due Friday that I haven't started yet. x.x

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
All 50-50? :ohwell:

I know everyone agrees that Marth is 50-50, and I don't know enough about the DK matchup yet to argue with that number, but I think Wario and Lucario should at least be slightly in ROB's favor (personally).

Edit: Whoops I missed Mario :laugh: That one sounds pretty good to me, I might lean more toward 45-55 myself but I won't argue with that one.

Sudai

Stuff here
DK is 50/50. I play Cyphus' a lot and he's a very good DK. My opinion based on that combined with other top DK players agreeing to 50-50 is what made me put that one down.

I put Lucario at 50/50 due to the near unanimous opinion on the match-up. Extreme Speed is gimpable, but a good Lucario won't even need his double jump to recover due to his floatyness. (Assuming good DI)

Wario is also 50/50 based off the opinions of Shadow, Futile, DMG, myself, and everyone else putting it at 55:45 in either's advantage.

I'm not opposed to changing any of these and I probably will change a few after I read through the discussions again and write my synopsis.

Sudai

Stuff here
I expected more of the even match-ups to come first. People aren't gonna ask to discuss match-ups that we win. This only leaves close match-ups and **** wreck match-ups. People ask for the close ones because, or at least this is what I think goes on, they subconsciously feel that the little tidbits of info they gather from the discussion will be enough to push them from going even with a friend to beating them consistently.

Oh yeah, who do we want to do next? I have a feeling the Pika discussion is gonna fall out fairly fast, sadly. :/

CJTHeroofTime

Smash Lord
I need to work on my DDD matchup, but I heard you guys beat that to death, so if you could tell me what threads you discussed it in instead of a whole thread, then that would be great, otherwise I'll just go look myself... stupid search function.

MK matchup? lol

I know Bowser is discussing it, I guess you could just make an extra thread on our boards? or would that just be annoying to have two separate threads going on at the same time?

Oh I just realized that we've argued Olimar a few times, but we don't have a legit matchup thread.

Sudai

Stuff here
We did MK, thread's still open for discussion as there's not nearly enough **** in there. I wouldn't mind doing D3. I wouldn't mind doing Oli. I wanted to wait on Bowser since they're doing us right now and it's not a common match-up and I'm 80% confident we have the advantage.

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
I vote Zelda next. I'm gonna have some vids to post against my training partner who mains Zelda.

Sudai

Stuff here
I vote Zelda as well, actually. I'd like to discuss this before I forget everything vs her as Mocha has retired from smash so I won't be able to play any good Zeldas for a long time. :/

Bomber7

Smash Hero
Yo sudai. Just so you know, when ever y'all get to pokemon trainer or TL just give me a buzz and I'll come help out as much as I can.

CJTHeroofTime

Smash Lord
We did MK, thread's still open for discussion as there's not nearly enough **** in there.
Oh. My bad lol.

Zelda sounds good. Only zelda experience I have is one friendly on saturday, A.C.E., i think, but he's only a Zelda secondary (ROB main ftw)

Darth Waffles

Smash Lord
I'm fine with doing Zelda next, but can we do Kirby after that? I seem to have a much harder time than normal when dealing with him, even if its one of ROB's weaker matchups

Ruse

Fox
Zelda would be great. There's been a few popping up around here recently, so it'd be nice to get some insight on the match-up.

@ Dark Waffles, Kirby is giving me a decently hard time. I can generally win (I'm not fighting pros or anything), but I definitely have to struggle a little more than usual.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom