• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[A Robotic Match-Up Directory] Official Match-up Discussion (14 - Clean Up!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

DRaGZ

Smash Champion
I'd be happy with Lucario. I've pretty much got Toon Link down preeeeetty well, good enough so that a lot of the best TLs here can't beat me.

But Lucario always seems to gt me out of left field. I always think I've got them down and then they just surprise me so hard, enough that it generally costs me a stock with some of the things they surprise me with.

Sudai

Stuff here
So, I was kind of hoping someone else would take the clean chart and make a match-up chart of their own so I don't feel like such an *** for having mine up there. :x

Sudai

Stuff here
Idc what we do next. Haha. Right now next week has 1 vote for Pikachu and no one else. :p

Probably going to start the Lucario one pretty soon since the DK match-up is basically over.

DK boards say 50-50, I personally think 50-50. If no one post anything new and relevant in the match-up discussion by tomorrow night, I'm gonna start the Lucario thread.

stingers

Smash Obsessed
I think everything that'd been said is everything that you can say. Even Cyphus just nodded with what everyone else said. Put it up tonight.

Also, when do we vote on matchup ratios? Most people seem to look at those before anything else.

emergency

Smash Journeyman
What happened to the votes for Lucario and Toony Link?

o_o Can I go out and find a image for each matchup?

Sudai

Stuff here
Lucario request jumped way ahead of TLink request so I just decided on TLink. I already have my image for Luciano, feel free to send me the link to any you like on AIM though, I might just like yours better. XD

AIM: UnwiseSudai

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
I look forward to the Lucario discussion. MD/VA has a lot of them, so I have a lot of experience in the matchup, and I do not lose to Lucarios, ever (except for Azen but we all know he doesn't count :p)

stingers

Smash Obsessed
NC has 1 Lucario!

We have 1 of like every character. Except for ROB. We have 2 of them. Aww yeah stingers/karn reppin it up

emergency

Smash Journeyman
Hm...I do have troubles againest Zelda. But I don't think that it's much of a problem anymore.

Is Ike a threat? Just a quicky tidbit would help. Just want to confirm some thoughts yes.

I find it ironic, that every disccusion I have been through, my friends are transistioning into the character we talk about. XD

DRaGZ

Smash Champion
Ike is not a threat. There's so many ridiculous things we can do to him that it's not funny. The best thing he has on us is that his Up+B recovery is very difficult to handle and he has better range than us on some moves, but we're so much faster that him in almost every way that he barely has time to breathe.

And I haven't even started on the projectiles.

Sudai

Stuff here
DRaGZ, you think Up-B is hard to handle? Have you not seen what I do to Ike's up-b? LOL

Laser and Gyro eat his up-b alive since it can't truely sweet spot.

As for Zelda, I feel I could contribute a -lot- more to that fight than I can to Pikachu (my most comfortadble fight is against Zeldas) so I wanna do that one, but I'm gonna go with what the masses want.

emergency

Smash Journeyman
That's fine. I could talk to you on AIM whenever.

Lucario Disscussion in Session!
TLink : 1
Pikachu : 1
Zelda : 1

DRaGZ

Smash Champion
DRaGZ, you think Up-B is hard to handle? Have you not seen what I do to Ike's up-b? LOL

Laser and Gyro eat his up-b alive since it can't truely sweet spot.

As for Zelda, I feel I could contribute a -lot- more to that fight than I can to Pikachu (my most comfortadble fight is against Zeldas) so I wanna do that one, but I'm gonna go with what the masses want.
What do you do with the laser and gyro against Ike's Up+B? I would like to know!

Sudai

Stuff here
Gyro just throw in before he rises and it'll bounce around in there till it hits his head sending him to a spot where he -can't- recover. Laser you have to time a little bit and hit him at the apex, but it's still not too hard to do. Only clip I have of it online is in R.usty O.ld B.itch so I guess I shouldn't be too surprised that you haven't seen it, but yeah, that was the first time I did it. It's gotten too easy to do since then.

ElPadrino

Smash Apprentice
I was wondering when we're gonna do Sonic.

Because for some reason I'm having incredible dificulty against a good Sonic player, and I could really use some tips.

Sudai

Stuff here
For next week.

TLink : 1
Pikachu : 2
Zelda : 1
Sonic: 1

I don't remember who voted already and I'm too lazy to look back so I'm just gonna go on the honor system here. I can trust you guys...right?...right?...eh..I should go look at who voted already.

Sudai

Stuff here
You almost got away with is Stingers. I was copying the list, had it pasted and added your vote and everything, then I noticed the black text. XD

Sudai

Stuff here
Did I ever tell you guys I make decisions like that by flipping coins? O.o

Even if we get a 4 way tie, it doesn't matter. I'm still flipping coins. :p

Just flip N - 1 where N = number of entrants and have a table like this:

Heads - Tails
--0-------3-----TLink
--1-------2-----Pikachu
--2-------1-----Zelda
--3-------0-----Sonic

What kind of robot would I be if I could do simple logic without 1s and 0s?

stingers

Smash Obsessed
01101010 01110101 01110011 01110100 00100000 01110000 01101001 01100011 01101011 00100000 01110000 01101001 01101011 01100001 01100011 01101000 01110101 00100000 01100100 01100001 01101101 01101101 01101001 01110100

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom