• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

ACT presents- OP Orange Juice (its liek so op!) Results on page 13

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
ok well that was a fun tourney, thanks for coming everyone

here's the prizes for those of you who were wondering

singles
1st $110 and some OP orange juice
2nd $60
3rd $30

doubles
1st $35 each
2nd $15 each

anyways shoutouts time

Silfa:
lol, the man of the day, you were rapesauce, I was so proud of how much **** you laid down, play like that in sydney and no one will know what hit them, (a giant fist to the face perhaps?) congrats on 3rd (so close to 2nd) and beating me, you earnt it.

and for those of you who didnt come, silfa rampaged all the way up to winners finals, losing to ricky 3-2 in one of the closest and most amazing sets I've ever seen, and because shaya was too busy crying at home to come it wasnt recorded :(

scabe:
you also played really well, I actually honest to god was scared of playing you and thought I was going to lose, good thing snake is mad hax. your an amazing player and sooner or later you'll be up there with legan and izaw and ****. also thanks for helping out with housing and transport and stuff.
also tourney needed more toby.

Hyrule Kings of Swing: Truely you are the king of kings.

Brosaac:
Luke you didn't count my wii, which I'll bring. Also:

Everyone bring power boards!!!!!111111!!1!!1!1!!1
lol guess who didnt bring power boards hmm? anyways I was a little sad you didnt place higher, your samus is amazing but you are held back by the character so much, but your skills are the **** and you'll get there in the end.

jambo:
thanks for stopping by, it was a shame you couldnt make it for the actual tourney but the situation as it was we were lucky to see you at all eh? hope you can make it to the next one.

tedeth:
thanks for teaming as always dude, your right we really are a **** team ;) only lost 1 game the entire tourney, silfa's got my number.
thanks for coming down, cya next week, the usual, etc etc...

ricky:
more like rapey, good **** dude that was so lol when you said you were gonna beat tedeth and then you did, and then the results all went ape**** and stuff, thanks for coming down, it was good to chill with you again, and it was a shame we didnt get to play in doubles.

nova:
thanks for coming down dude, pity scabe stole you all to himself.
your heaps lol and such a mad player, I had no chance even with a double blind, cya next week eh?

EA:
My Lord Ganon, thanks for gracing us with your presence and laying down the loyal ****, and also thanks heaps for all that usb loader stuff you did, sorry that my wii was ****ty and made you have to do stuff for like 5 hours :( it was working again today but then I copy'd and disc onto the hard drive and it stopped working again, I think its just random when it works and when it doesnt so I'll just keep messing around with it.

nanda:
good **** dude, your coming along really well, I expect you'll be top 5 in no time at all, I didnt get to play you in the tourney but your a smart player and you pick up stuff quick.
also you should go watch the 2003 zatoichi movie, it rips **** (you can watch it on youtube)

rose:
bad luck at not making it into the bracket, your a good player, just need a little more exp imo.
also whats this? I knew you were going to japan but for a whole year? :( canberra will miss you.

vk:
same to you, good player, just needs more exp. hope you picked some stuff up off tedeth, and remember to spam the **** out of that bair, its too good.

david hayter:
lol good work dude, too bad I'm a fail snake coach/teacher. but you did just fine without my help, you'll be laying down the **** in no time at all ;) and hopefully you get some epic peach going.

Fokkushi:
bring that **** son, told you all you needed was some experiance, you better come along in sydney next week and beast it up again.

cheese:
lol, good to finally meet you dude, hope we didnt freak you out too much ;) 9th for your first tourney is pretty good, hopefully you can make it to meets and stuff now eh?

Leisha:
hey what do you know? we hung out and I wasnt robbed of any food? who would have thought huh? thanks for coming down, bad luck about not making it into the bracket, it sure was a close one, if only you'd drunken some mother (actually thank god (and my ears) you didnt ;))

Kevlar:
what happened with you, your the rapist of **** but you didnt make it into the bracket, too much sandbaging imo.

Bogoron:
lol too outta practice man, you need to come to more meets!

Luffy:
same with you, needs more regualr smash going on, and bad luck in teams, I was expecting you guys to do really well.

whew, I think thats it, as for all the other people who came who probs dont even have a smashboards account, thanks for coming, hope we see you guys around some more.

Throwback

Smash Lord
ok shoutouts it is then:

Foxy: haha epic matches man, well played. How fricken tall are you? lol

EA: You just keep getting better, I'm really impressed at how much you have improved each time I play you.

Rose: You destroy me and I don't know why :( Well played!

Ted: Always good to see you man. Well played, you definitely deserved to win.

Luffy: Thanks for teaming in doubles, unlike luke I wasn't expecting us to do too well, but we had fun so all good :)

Gords: Seems like you have improved lately, good work.

Nova: I was surprised how good you are, all the more impressive because of the variety of characters you can play. Playing you really showed me how badly I need to learn the high-tier match-ups.

Nanda: I didn't get to play you, well done on reaching the bracket!

Lady boy: Is snake the 2nd best? Jon completely shut him down...Well done in doubles and I'm sure you will be inspired to improve in singles.

Jon: Well played man, as above I loved watching you beat luke, you played amazingly. Look forward to seeing you win your first tourney!

Scabe: You're too pro and you know it....Link for mid-tier at least!

Everyone else: Thanks for friendlies/matches and turning up to make such a great day happen. Sorry if I forgot anyone.

Also a big shout-out to all the out-of'staters, we loved having you at the tourney.

Nova

Banned via Warnings
I just had like 12 hous sleep. ^_^

And I knew I'd miss someone.

Throwback
I enjoyed playing your Samus, I've never really taken her all that serioulsy before but murh, yours gave me a hard time (first match could have easily gone either way). Maybe you should team with Scabe and destroy everyone with a Link/Samus combo.

Silfa

Smash Ace
Alright, here's my attempt at shoutouts.

Luke – Thanks for hosting the tourney and everything. I honestly thought I had little hope after the first game we played, where you pretty much dominated me. I’m not sure what happened. Congrats on winning doubles.

Scabe – We somehow won money? Thanks for helping us break our 5th place streak and we beat 13th too. Stop being such a tier *****.

Isaac – You’ve been playing so much better lately, it’s a shame we didn’t get to play in singles. I had a look at some of the doubles matches we had the night before I think and I’m not sure how we ended up winning some of them after the beginnings looked so bleak. You’re becoming a really good team partner.

Nova – I got absolutely destroyed in some of the friendlies we had. I’ve got no idea how you play so many characters so well. I’m looking forward to playing you again.

Tedeth – I had no chance when I played you in the bracket. Outplayed me on so many levels. I had no idea, especially when I kept doing the up b thing on yoshi’s despite being punished for it like 10 times. Congrats on winning both singles and doubles.

Meteor – That set was so fun. I’m not even sure how I even won the games I did. You’re an incredible player and you proved that in the 10 or 11 stocks or whatever crazy amount of stocks you took in that crew battle.

EA – I was so scared when I saw I had to face you. You then kept me scared throughout the whole set. It was really good getting the chance to play you though and looking back on it, it was a great experience to have had. Those chaingrabs are nuts.

Gords – You seemed to have improved a whole lot since the last time we played. Your toon link had some pretty cool tricks off stage (like spiking poor DK while you recovered :<).

Nanda – Dude, I saw those combos you did in the replays and they were mad. You always seem to pull out this amazing stuff. Nice work making the bracket, you’ll probably be all over the rest of us in no time.

David – You’re so good at putting me in to these traps where it seems like the only option is to get blown up or take snake’s knee to the face. You need to teach me how to peach.

VK – More bair! You’re power shielding and shining skills seriously amaze me sometimes. You’re improving quickly, it’s a shame we didn’t get to play (I don’t think we did, atleast. maybe my memory is noob).

Rose – Don’t leave. :( You’re also improving quickly and it’s a shame that we won’t get to see you improve even more.

Foxy – You seem like such a nice (and tall o_o) guy. Every photo you were in, you were always smiling, even if you were just watching a game. I don’t think we’ve played before, so we should do that eventually.

Leisha – Those hacked brawls or whatever they were – they were crazy. I really had no idea what was happening for the most part.

Cheese – It was good to finally meet you dude. You’re an awesome person, player and you have heaps and heaps of potential. I hope we’ll be seeing you more often.

Bogo – You seemed out of practice or something, which was unfortunate. I don’t think we played besides those doubles matches, but oh well. Hopefully you’ll be able to come to more meets in future.

Kevin – Too much sandbagging.

D0N

Smash Ace
Alright, here's my attempt at shoutouts.

Tedeth – I had no chance when I played you in the bracket. Outplayed me on so many levels. I had no idea, especially when I kept doing the up b thing on yoshi’s despite being punished for it like 10 times. Congrats on winning both singles and doubles.
**** you Ted :laugh:

oh well, you'll still get top 3 in sydney silfa ;)

Silfa

Smash Ace
Yeah, I didn't have a much to do today, so I decided to pull out a bit of a wall.

I just read nanda's posts up the page. wtf lols.

Nanda

Smash Ace
What is with gamers and their fascination with unconsentual sex.
I counted the word **** 9 times in Luke's shoutouts and by the way, rapesauce sounds delicious.

Scabe

Successful Businessman
Kevin’s (fail) attempt at shoutouts.

Luke: Argh, I didn’t get to VS you like ever. Oh and great job in hosting the tourney. The best part about the tourney was the name. It’s liek so op!

Jon: Great friendly matches. Your DK is too pro. I can’t believe you came third! I feel so pro being able to beat you, hardly suprising since I am the best player in the world though. </sarcasm>

Satra/ Scabe: Why do I need to say anything about you? Anyway you and Jon were the **** in teams, totally destroyed me and VK in pirate ship, the stage we counterpicked. :urg: And what’s this about you teaching everything I know? It’s totally the other way around.

VK: You have a great wolf and I reckon for having no practice in teams we did good. :)
And great friendlies too, especially the fast brawl matches. ;D

Nanda: **** I didn’t get to VS you much, but I was watching your matches and you *****!!! And LOL at our melee matches. FOIYA!

EA: Your Ice Climber’s chaingrabbing ability is amazing, I can’t believe I two stocked you! :cool:
In our one and only match, which was after the tourney.

Leishachu: Great R.O.B, too bad we only got to play one match. LOL at the hacks! 10x sped up distant planet FTW. And mushroom stacking.

Meteor: I wish I actually got to vs you properly, instead of the crew match where I only had 1 stock left. And amazing Ness too, too bad there is like to way to avoid grab release to Down Smash.

David: Didn’t get to play you either, and how’d you know I was the best smash player in the world?
You did great in teams with Nanda by the way.

Tedeth: Why did I have to be paired up with you in crew matches! :mad: **** you’re too good, I so shouldn’t have sandbagged against you. I wouldn’t have been 3 stocked that way, I bet I would have 3 stocked you and won the tourney. :cool:

Metanova: It’s a shame I didn’t get to VS you, well I kinda did afterwards. Great stuff anyway and lol at you raging for the crappy songs on the radio.

Rose: Bad luck in the crew battles, **** Meteor and his **** DTilt. Ah we had some good games before. Wait, YOU’RE GOING AWAY? FFUUUUU. *cries*

Cheese: Good games, how did you beat me like that? HAX. Must’ve been my stupid sandbagging again. Your Falco is liek so op!

Gords: Wow your Toon Link plays alot like mine, except mine is cooler. xD
Good Toon Link dittoes and you and Foxy make a great team.
Wow I sure said Toon Link alot. **** it I just said it again! >.<

Foxy: Also a great Toon Link and I swear you are like double my height. :chuckle: And how does anyone play the Wiimote and Nunchuck so awesomely!

Luke’s cat: Dude why didn’t you come to the tourney? You probably would have *****! I saw your **** videos with you winning against M2K and stuff. Also it’s nice that you didn’t take our seats this time. I bet if we team up we’d always win in every tournament.

Everyone else: If I played any of you guys, good games, and sorry about forgetting about you. :(

This tourney was really fun for me, next time I’ll actually try and come first! Unless you bring Luke’s cat. Thanks, without your support this tourney would NOT be liek so op!

Wow that was long. About 10chars.

Tiger Shark

Smash Journeyman
Everyone else is doing it, so I'll say yes to peer pressure. Bet my wall is taller than yours.

Luke: Thanks for organising the tourney and the crew battle, I had an awesome time learning stuff, meeting people and drinking a variety of different juice beverages. With your skills (and "world's 3rd best Ganon" on your resume), you’re definitely set to pursue anything you want in life.

Nova: Doubles was epic fun even though we sucked at cooperating (I’m pretty sure your tag, GAGA, was to blame) - I hope that someday, somehow, Team Us will reunite and battle clumsily once more. Also Sheik's F tilt FUUUUUU.

Mr Tedeth Dude: Thanks so much for all your Wolf advice - playtime’s over in Tokyo this year. I hope to one day see a tournament match on YouTube where you travel under Battlefield with Wolf, just so I can leave the comment “I once talked to that guy.”

Meteor: Ness' D tilt FUUUUU. However, respect for your amazing skills, respect for your attitude and those sweet friendlies, and respect for that hat you wear.

Scabes: That up smash. I look forward to seeing the tourney combo vid and “Get ***** II”. I’ll miss you heaps, and I expect you to have raised Link to at least D tier by the time I’m back in Canberra. No pressure.

Kevlar: I know you sandbagged everyone good, you’re just too nice. You’ll make it into brackets for sure next tourney, and keep up the good work teaching your bro everything. That’s how we do it in ACT!

Jon: I have no idea how you manage to stay so chilled during matches against MK, while competing with everyone watching you, or while playing crazy hacked Brawl ... it must be some advanced pro technique. Congrats on coming third, I really wanted you to win.

Nando: I am so proud of your tornado-free MK (It’s like Captain Planet without Wind). Every time I get owned by Mach Tornado in Japan, I’ll remember you as the guy who can own me without it.

Dave: So proud of you as well, you just keep getting better. I’m pretty sure your Peach will improve to the point of pwnage and steal everyone’s bread by the time I get back. I’ll miss you a lot. Also lay off the maccas, you little hypocrite.

VK: I’ll miss our hilarious Wolf dittos. Keep up the practice and we’ll both jump shine and B air our way to victory.

EA: Ice Climbers FUUUUU. Still, I wish I was epicly pro enough to be cheap like you.

Piesaac: I love how our games always come so close to timing out, and everyone else goes “Errrrhhh, they’re STILL on their first match.” You get max respect for maining Samus.

Sam: I hope you start attending meets, with practice you’ll become amazing. Might want to ditch your doubles partner though, I heard him saying bad things about you behind your back.

Leish: Sucks that I didn’t get to play you 1v1, you seem to be a sweet Rob main. Also kudos for being one of only three female Smashers at that tourney (the third being Nova).

Foxy: Really fun pools matches, I’m glad you made it through to brackets.

Seb: Awesome ZSS, come to meets dude! Also those doubles matches were funny as.

Lvl 9 Luigi: I notice your doubles team was ranked evenly with my doubles team... but I’ll get you next time, just you wait.

Marth: Thanks for the moral support, dude. It’s a shame you spent all your money at that place in Fyshwick and couldn’t pay to enter the tourney.

Sorry if I forgot anyone. Also, I’m going to miss these meets almost as much as I miss those Paddlepop Grape Benders (heheh, phallic). I hope everyone has a great year, see you all in 2011!

Nova

Banned via Warnings
Leish: Sucks that I didn’t get to play you 1v1, you seem to be a sweet Rob main. Also kudos for being one of only three female Smashers at that tourney (the third being Nova)
Wow, get owned Nova, get owned.

Oh wait. Ugh.

Clearly I've been around Ted and Luke too much with this "Get *****/owned/chued/****ed business.

cheese619

Smash Ace
Shoutouts:

Luke: Thanks for hosting, 'twas nice to meet you. Your doubles team was the most **** I've seen in quite some time.

VK: Good games man, you and kev totally ***** us in doubles so I responded with laser spam in singles :(.

Nova: Ummmmm, how do you get that good at so many characters? You definitely taught me a lot about matchups and demonstrated how to **** falcos with sheik/zelda.

Rose: You and Nova rick-rolled us in doubles, shame I didn't get to play you in singles though. I would've liked some falco ditto matches (so many lasers -_-).

Silfa: DK is good? I thought that matchup was supposed to be in my favour, anyways thanks for all the advice and I look forward to playing you again (not on yoshi's island).

Tedeth: Ummm so I hate Wario now. How do you do it? You 2-stocked me every time, even with my guaranteed 70% combo from chaingrab etc. Much too good.

Scabe: I didn't get to play you :( but you seem way too good (Link WTF). I must attend some meets in the near future.

Kevlar: WTF? F****** HAX! You're so OP, you should be a playable character in the next smash bros (I'm looking at you Sakurai).

Seb: As always man, good games sorry for failing us in doubles :D (0% death :(, I use too many smileys and parentheses).

Everyone else: Thanks for the rapesauce. ;)

Nanda

Smash Ace
OMG, Rose's shoutouts XP So good

But

I WILL MISS YOU SO MUCH

Me and Scabesextier will hold each other crying until you get back.
Love you so much and cant wait till your return.
Lets hope that in Japan you will adopt their art of ninja, which i hear is just camping and spamming projectiles.
Hope that those Sudden Death skills you will pick up will come in handy when you get back, and hope that you will learn Japanese fast enough so you dont look like the only FOB in *** tourneys.

Don't forget to take pictures of your adventures in the land of the ninja. I'm sure that Domo~kun will keep you safe and that Marth will keep you sane. (I know how you can't live without us ;P)

When you get back, I will cook you dinner with my epic cooking skills and we will reminisce about the good old days.
I hear rapesauce is pretty good with steak.

Anyways, stay in touch TigersharkRosamusHonnyBunchamusFalcoRhombusFastMakoRosemaryAlgebraic Hammer

say hi to your sis for me, she cyut and im totally not a pedo

Fox Is Openly Deceptive

Smash Detective
Administrator
BRoomer
Time to shout at people.

Kevin: You are first on my shoutout list for being such a legend. I'm so sorry we couldn't verse each other in anything other then doubles, but from what I saw of you versing Gords, you probably would have beaten me. I was also planning on showing you some epic tricks after the tourney at Luke's house, but due to how long the wolf's and snake's took, it just didn't happen. Just ask Scabe to show you my thread I spose and you can check it out yourself, but nothing beats just sitting down and having it shown to you and explained. Oh well. Keep going to Luke's tourneys and eventually I'll come on down again.

@Everyone: Yes I am tall. How tall you ask? 6 foot 6 last time I checked. You may also be interested to know that I am distantly related to the bigfoot.

Luke: Thanks for the lifts, the accomidation, the tourney and your awesomeness. I can't wait till next Sunday just because of the lift up and back. That's how great your music is. Needless to say, I will never forget that tourney, for good, great and horrible reasons. The good, my first timed out match. The great, my first time out of pools. The horrible, the broken wii and voice. MK's got nothing on how broken my voice is XD. Btw, your pets are the greatest. The lazy cat, the bird with a foot fetish and the other bird who is a ********. Such great personalities.

Tedeth: You are such an incredible friend. I don't know how else to say it. Even though I couldn't talk, we still had so much fun. Apart from the bus trip back (may it burn in hell for eternity) my experience at my first outa state tourney was immensly better with you there. And that japanese resturant! My gosh, my taste buds were literally like "This is ****ing hax." Thanks again for lending me WW. I played it all day and I'm only up to that evil forest level thing. I'd comment on your tourney results, but we were there, we saw it all, it was ****. You need to get in that same mindset this Sunday and you will destroy everyone. Super sayan Ted ftw.

Gords: Toon Titans is simply too good sometimes. What the hell was with one of those last stocks? We hit them off stage, I threw two bombs up, you jumped up and instant throwed the first bomb as it came down which comboed into the second Bomb which comboed into an Uair ftw. It's like every time we play, something incredible happens. I love it. Will you be there this Sunday? If so, same as usual.

Throwback: Wow man. Intensely close matches. Such a campy match up. I should appologise, not exactly for the timeouts, but because in friendlies before our matches, I actually said something along the lines of "I don't time people out" which was true when I said it, but still, it's a very gay way to win. I'll tell you what though, my heart was racing in that last match, I wanted to win so bad. In all honesty, if I can make it out of brackets, then with your skill, you should easilly make it next time. Keep it up. And that strategy on the edge, I can see that working really well against most of the cast, just not Toon or Snake by the looks of things. Anyway, I learnt so much about that matchup, so thanks man. Cya next time.

EA: Our matches were quite entertaining man. The first game in pools, you simply out played me. Second game, I was like, I can't win by using the same strategy as last time, so the Bombs rained down on BF in what was to be one of the closest matches I've ever played. In the end, that random Fair in the last 5 seconds, I just didn't see it coming. Curses XD. So close. So intense. Not to mention our games in brackets. Especially the one on Pirate ship. My kills were such lols. Water spike and Invisible Fair out of the rock XD. I think we both learnt a lot from those games. Until next time man. (Stop snoring or we'll hit you in the face with the pillow next time XD.)

Metanova: It was great meeting you for the first time. Our matches were pretty good, but I didn't feel like I knew what I was doing in that matchup. And yeah, something wierd was going on, I agree. What with my wii, controler and voice breaking. Why? I still do not understand what was with my controler. Everything else can be explained away, but the controler? Just no XD. I'll see you on Sunday then.

Scabe: I took one stock off you in the crew battle! Success! Honestly, I don't know what they were thinking making me verse the Toon killer on my most hated stage. It was bound to fail. Btw, what you said to EA in the car when we went to get lunch (which shall remain unspoken of here for EA's sake) was epic win.

Ricky: Crew battle was such a sweet victory! D-tilt spam, they'll never see it coming XD. And it fully worked. Very entertaining man. Also, some congratulations is in order for beating ted the first time and coming second. I don't know what you did, I didn't see the match, but he was pretty peeved/focused after it. I don't think he lost a game after that as well. Sonic battle 2 or whatever it was called looked like such a fun game, "Just wait a minute." Nooooo!! XD broken. (My one piece of advice, drink more water.)

Leisha: You and EA are way to good in doubles. You were the team that beat me and Gords both times (I think). Stop spiking gords!!!! XD. It was so much fun just hanging out with you, even though you had to do most of the talking. Hopefully next time I'll be alright. Cya

Shark: You are such a smart player. I could tell that you had figured me out already in the second match and I had to start mixing things up or get punished. My one piece of advice, if you're versing a Toon Link with Falco, just spam. Camp ultra hard with SH'd and FH'd lasers and there's literaly nothing I can do. Toon's spam game gets completely shut down if Falco spams enough and I just felt that I was able to out camp you which was strange and is probably what won it for me in the end.

Silfa: We'll have to properly meet each other next time. From what I saw, you have a sweet DK, close to Don's and that's saying something.

That is all. If you want an awesome shout out from me, then you gotta make me remember your name.

Tiger Shark

Smash Journeyman
Dude cheese, it sucks that I'm leaving or I'd definitely be up for heaps of Falco dittos.

[edit] Wow Nando, that post of yours is pretty... OP. But yeah dude, I'll miss you too.

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
lol we've even pulled david hayter to the darkside, welcome to the boards of hell.

Tiger Shark

Smash Journeyman
Holy **** it's Dave. I'd like to take credit for dragging him to hell, since it was me who told him to read the shoutouts.

EverAlert

Smash Master
NNID
EVAL89
3DS FC
2664-2214-3431
Fokkushi said:
"This is ****ing hax."
OP JAPANESE, IT'S LIEK SO OP, YOUR TASTEBUDS WILL BE LIEK "THATS ****ING HAX!!!!"

Leisha -- What can I say, we make a great team. It was so much fun going into doubles with you, you pulled off some crazy stuff too (get owned, Foxy!). Not to mention it's just great fun hanging out with you too. Next time we team let's place even better. I've been thinking about how we can mesh even better in doubles too, so we can bust out even greater levels of ****. :3

Nova -- Good games dude, sucks that you broke my perfect record beat me with MK, but I can really only blame myself for not knowing that matchup; you outplayed me fair and square. I had a good time hanging out with you again. Hopefully this weekend you're not yellow, haha. And good games in doubles too. :p

Ed -- Well it was nice meeting you, you seem like a pretty good guy. That constant FSmashing threw me off at first, but it doesn't work all the time; learn to mix it up a bit and you'll get heaps better really fast. :)

Rose -- Wow, I don't know whether to take that shoutout as a compliment or insult, haha. But anyway, I'm really impressed, for a new player you seem to have a good understanding of Brawl's mechanics and play really smart. With a tiny bit of character-specific research and tournament experience, I can see you improving rapidly and becoming one of our better players. ACT's new rising star, anyone? Oh, and you pulled off some nice stuff in doubles. Keep it up. :p

Fokkushi -- I don't know, I had some really intense matches with a good few people this tourney, but I think my pools matches with you are contenders for the most intense of all. You're improving heaps dude, it's incredible to see such a great mind gain real experience. You proved that you can apply your knowledge to your growing skill on the fly with that second match, the new strategy gave me a serious run for my money. I was unbelievably relieved that I figured out how to get around it and scrape in the win. And yeah, don't remind Ted about that Scabe joke or he'll say it here anyway. >.>

Throwback -- Another player who gave me great, intense matches! You're improving heaps dude. TBH, in friendlies I was expecting to be able to beat you with some of my fun characters, but you showed me up and forced me to use my main. Impressive. And you're definitely correct: Brawl's naturally campy mechanics may make for boring-to-watch matches, but they're really intense and interesing to play.

Silfa -- Da ***, bro? Great, great games, you've come so far since I last played you. Our set kept me on my toes for its entirety, so close. I should have just knocked you out while I had the chance, then the results wouldn't have been so screwed up! xD But yeah, good **** man, I look forward to playing you again this weekend, I assume you're going to TII? :3

Scabe -- The man of the day. We always have such close matches, and this time was perhaps the most close and intense match I've ever had with you or anyone. Every time we play each other we've just improved so much and it makes us playing each other that much more interesting. My only regret is that screwing up a simple edgehog cost me the set and the placing I was expecting, but at the same time they were amazing matches and the result only motivates me to improve more so I can beat you next time. I really gotta say, my rivalry with you is just so fun and brawl-healthy. I can only sing praise after every time I interact with you, both inside and outside of the game.

Kevlar -- I'm completely impressed. Scabe said you were the ****, and everyone was skeptical, but it turned out to be true. Playing you was fun dude, my only john is that I'm not used to playing excellent TLs like yourself. You may think we were joking, but we really were serious when we said you'd just be the complete **** in 5 years of Brawl experience from now, and even after that you'll still be younger than the rest of us currently are, which only adds to the ****. I'm looking forward to playing you again for sure, are you going to TII?

Nanda -- Good job in crews. Blargh, I need MK experience! Every bit counts, and an up-and-coming MK rapist like yourself most definitely counted. :p

Tedeth -- "That being said, the generally best plan is to use the aerial that FINISHES the fastest. It does not matter when the hitbox comes out on your aerial; it matters when the aerial finishes executing in the air (as in when you're allowed to do something else after using the aerial)." "Doing a jump after the aerial allows you to counter horizontal momentum with your character's drift speed." LINK.
So yes, the time it takes for the aerial to finish is important to momentum canceling, not the time it takes for the hitbox to come out. Every thread on DI/momentum I read says this. Yeah, I'm a jerk who has to prove his points all the time, go sue me. :p

Anyway I had a good time hanging out with you as always. I look forward to going to Japan next year and enjoying our new tradition. My only regret is not getting to play you. :)

Luke -- Good **** with the tourney man, as always it was the ****. Setting up USB Loader for you was my pleasure, don't mention it. By the way, I had a thought on the way home about your Wii. It's actually really obvious and I can only suppose lack of sleep didn't let me realise it at the time, haha. Anyway, I think your Wii's SD card slot is just dirty or something. At the time I was going through every possible event that happened when I got it to work and nothing added up, I can't believe I didn't realise at the time it was random and that could only mean something like dirty or worn hardware. lulz me

But yes, thanks for the housing and thanks for the great, great weekend. Not to mention the Snake training. It was all just too ****ing hax!

Edit -- Forgot to respond to this:
Summonerkun said:
So, did all your studying and hard work pay off EA?
I know you're probably making fun of/humouring me, but tbh I didn't really get a chance to use most of it. It was really really helpful against Scabe though, thanks to it I had the best matches I've ever had against him. :)

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
as for the usb loader, I ****ed with it again today and I think I've got it figured out, its even simpler, when I load up the homebrew channel in the bottom right corner there are 2 symbols, one of them is a picture of a planet and when it first loads up its flashing, I noticed that and waited for it to stop flashing before loading up usb loader and it worked several times without stuffing up once

I also stuffed around with that naruto game and got it to work by changing the language to japanese and making it force ntsc.

and that snake training was ****ing terrible, I was too tired to think

EverAlert

Smash Master
NNID
EVAL89
3DS FC
2664-2214-3431
Ah yeah, I checked it on mine and it stops flashing really quickly, before you can even select something. Sounds like you have slow loading issues, which supports my theory.

Now you've figured out how to play that Naruto game, I think I'll go try it out. In retrospect that fix was also obvious, man I must've been ****ed like every time I tried to help you with Wii stuff. xD

EverAlert

Smash Master
NNID
EVAL89
3DS FC
2664-2214-3431
Good stuff.

I bet you could make a combo video with just our matches lol. Too bad we only saved like one of them though. I can't believe I didn't have the presence of mind to save the 20 second double gimp! D:

Nova

Banned via Warnings
Should have saved the amount of times I failed getting that G-release U-smash. It's probably why I look so angry in that picture. ^_^

@ EA. I went like really dark yesterday and today I'm pale as like Nicole Kidman. I'll probably show up purple for "This Is It". In fact maybe I will..... >___>

Scabe

Successful Businessman
I'll upload that IC one vs Link next, so epic. And yeah I wish we saved them all. :cry:

Isaac do you want me to upload your Samus one vs Wario? Because you played really well, and you could sent it in for critiquing purposes.

Top Bottom