• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official [ACT] Thread: Dancing Blade Aug 18th, Ultimate Wednesday Nights!

...Ellipsis...

Smash Lord
Alirght here is a guide to playing Ike.

Recovery
It sucks, but if you practice it enough and learn to DI up from basically all hits you can recover most of the time. Recovering low when you are close to the stage is advisable. If you are a stock ahead and they come of stage to attack you, if you are on high percents it may be worth while just using up b killing both you and your opponent (character dependent obviously).

Jab
Best move Ike has, use it lots. Jab cancel into grabs and whatnot.

Throws
Forward and back only really, unless they are on a crazy high percent where down throw may kill them. Follow up on the forward and back throws your opponent is likely to spot dodge so wait for this and then regrab.

Forward Air
Use for spacing, retreating forward airs are hard to punish, also decent at edge guarding.

Neutral Air
Learn to auto-cancel (or whatever its called). Very good massive range, can be used to catch air dodges. If you hit them with a neutral air on the ground they often bounce up and proceed to air dodge. Sit there charging an upsmash for the manly kill.

Back Air
Very fast and strong kill move possibly use of stage.

Down tilt
Only really useful on certain stages where it is hard to sweet spot the edge.

FORWARD SMASH
Manly move use it when predicting air dodges close to the ground for the epic kill.

Upsmash
Best smash again used to catch airdodges and is reasonably fast.

Also use forest Ike.

Edit: Fixing this for Katzen, you guys are all ***s.

Katzen

Smash Journeyman
Liam, this is the A.C.T thread. Don't come to our thread and start posting relevant responses to people's requests. We don't give a **** about guides here, we're here to question eachothers' sexual preferences and post gratuitous shots of Nanda going down on men.

Besides, you can read as many guides on gameplay as you like, but nothing will help you secure the win more than calling out your opponent's manhood right before the game begins, then constantly accusing him of soliciting other players for sexual favours.

Lol.

Shiniest

Smash Apprentice
I think you need to re-read my post, bearing in mind that I'm posting in the ACT thread, aka the home of sexual innuendo
haha, nice. god im such a noob for not seeing that. i'll be out of class in an hour or so, i'll be up for some brawl then, i'll just call Vk A.K.A. the driver

Silfa

Smash Ace
Well VK hasn't come by yet so I think it's pretty safe to assume I won't be coming.

My phone would've been handy in this situation. I miss it. :(

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
lol vk and dave went to your house and knocked on your door and **** and you didnt answer, and I brought your phone to felix's but you werent there.

fuuu

do you want me to bring you your phone tonight at midnight?

Silfa

Smash Ace
lol vk and dave went to your house and knocked on your door and **** and you didnt answer, and I brought your phone to felix's but you werent there.

fuuu

do you want me to bring you your phone tonight at midnight?
oh wow, get ***** me. I totally didn't hear them. You can drop my phone off tonight if you want, but only if it isn't any trouble.

Now my desire for smash is still left unsatisfied. :urg:

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
will you be awake at 12 though, and will you hear me, I dont want to go banging around waking everyone up

Silfa

Smash Ace
Yeah I thought of that too, maybe it isn't such a good idea. If I had my phone, dropping off my phone wouldn't be so difficult. Tomorrow afternoon will be fine if it's possible for you.

I'm willing to host tomorrow during the day if anyone is interested.

Silfa

Smash Ace
Yeah I thought of that too, maybe it isn't such a good idea. If I had my phone, dropping off my phone wouldn't be so difficult. Tomorrow afternoon will be fine if it's possible for you.

I'm willing to host tomorrow during the day if anyone is interested.

Shiniest

Smash Apprentice
thanks Liam, as for the manly kill, that's all i really go for. most of the time leading to my demise. managed a few foward smashes for the manly kill today, but only got about 40mins of quality time in there. I need more smash****........ anyways, im free after 4pm all week

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
just quote it, then copy pasta the quote tags along with the sentence, and paste it into your sig (go to user cp)

Silfa

Smash Ace
Yeah, but unless luke shows at that time too we'll need another wii.

also I think signatures showing has something to with post size?

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
what happen?
main screen turn on!

also by today scabe he meant where the hell where you today?

Stray_

Smash Apprentice
what time does the meet start/finish tomorrow? I possibly cant come until late-ish (around 4 or so)

Top Bottom