• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official [ACT] Thread: Dancing Blade Aug 18th, Ultimate Wednesday Nights!

Katzen

Smash Journeyman
My roommate is going away for a week starting on the 10th of this month.

I am willing to interrupt my subsequent binge of adult film and shirtlessness to host a meet for any interested parties at my home at a time of mutual convienience.

I has two (not top-notch) TVs at my place, but no Wiis, so you guys will have to organize that side of things on your own. Unlike Luke's meets, there will also be ample comfortable seating for everyone. Lol.

Oh, there's a cat in the house too (NOT ****ING MINE, I HATE IT). Just a heads up in case you're allergic.

SouthSiders unite, bro, cool kids, bro.

Stray_

Smash Apprentice
could someone possibly give me a lift to whatever is happening tomorrow? (if there is something) I havn't been to a meet in aggggess

Blakmane

Smash Apprentice
Haha I like how everyone is convinced something is happening tommorrow but noone has volunteered xD

I can host from 2 pm till whenever. My address for those who have not been there is 31 Majura Avenue, Dickson. My mobile number is 0410 841 508. I have 1 TV and 1 Wii, so please bring at least one extra wii and one extra TV (we can get by with my laginator flatscreen but it's not all that pleasant).

My sis and one of her friends will probably come as well.

Also, you better be there scabe: I have new link sextures :3. I also want to test out the validity of a 0-death on bowser with someone.

*edit*

although it currently looks like 3/5 people keen on tommorrow have no transport!!!??? DDDD: should we postpone?

Silfa

Smash Ace
I was going to host, but if scabe can't get here it means I don't have a wii which makes it kinda not worth it.

I don't have a car tomorrow either, but I'm keen to go to yours felix. Jason? :]

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
depending on how fast I get my housework done, I might show up at yours felix around 2/3ish ad stay till about 420ish

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
nah probs running something on the 25th? if I can be bothered to organize it.

does that date work for people?

Blakmane

Smash Apprentice
So, what's happening tommorrow now? Are we waiting on Jason's reply? If I don't have any confirmations by the end of tonight i'll call it off.

*edit*

^^^^ such an imba match.

YAAAAAAAAAAAY

BOOOOOOOOOOOO

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY

Shiniest

Smash Apprentice
thanks scabe, i watched some videos on Mr.doom, the jab cancel is the key to Ike's world, if i had a wii and brawl i might have time to learn it :p. the next few meets are just gonna be endless Ike experimentation, so if im there just be ready to endlessly face ike. im not moving on from him until i get it right.... well with the exception of gannondalf* teams for great rofls

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
just spam jab, cancelled or not, also watching you play in that crew battle, you missed alot of bair oppurtunitys, I'll take you through some stuff if you want.

GAY?

Smash Apprentice
@ Shiniest (new Felix?), playing as Ike is easy! Since I am a pro Ike, take my advice:

1. Since Ike is a character who often finds himself in situations with limited options, having good knowledge of mindgames is certainly valuable. I recommend self destructing at the beginning of every match, as this will cause your opponent to underestimate your skill and go easy on you. Then, they're yours for the pwning.

2. Style when playing is a very important aspect of Ike's metagame. As such, make sure you always pick the blue costume. Its aesthetic appeal will make your opponent jealous and cause them to lose focus.

3. Jab canceling is an essential component of high level Ike play, but to use it effectively, you need to know what to jab cancel into. My strongest recommendation in most situations is DJC > Up taunt. Never miss an opportunity to knock your opponent off balance with a manly surprise.

(btw this is Rose)

VK-137

Smash Apprentice
Yeah, I can do lifts for people tomorrow. Who needs one? Jon? Dave?

Oh and with Ike's jab1->utilt, have you tried moving the control stick all the way up during the first jab? Since you can't jump during the animation, it should count as a tilt. Might buffer a jump or something though...

And don't forget Fsmash mindgames with uptaunt :D

Shiniest

Smash Apprentice
If you're going to experiment, I think Marth might be a better choice
marth? might as well be another MK or snake.... No, i have a history of doing manly things in my life, and if im going to play a child's fighting game i'm going to do it as manly as i can, with my big hairy sac

Throwback

Smash Lord
marth? might as well be another MK or snake.... No, i have a history of doing manly things in my life, and if im going to play a child's fighting game i'm going to do it as manly as i can, with my big hairy sac
I think you need to re-read my post, bearing in mind that I'm posting in the ACT thread, aka the home of sexual innuendo

Top Bottom