• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Alabama Thread! (10/26/2016 update)

theONEjanitor

Smash Champion
NNID
the1janitor
@ Janitor: One move does not a good character make.

And the problem is that you have to hit them with something before it becomes godly.

considering that you can't block it and it has range, its one of the easier moves in the game to hit people with

j00t

Smash Champion
Good to see you again, mslano. Awesome Marth, too. MK's my only chance against that. >_____>;;;

Rob, your Snake is looking great as well. All the explosions... *shudders and tries to repress tears*

Coach, your melee teams is looking AMAZING. Just thought i'd point that out. GG's to everyone!

coach

Smash Apprentice
It's time to take things in new direction. This thread is now about Ron Paul. Discuss.

Majist

Smash Journeyman
last night was cool dudes. i'm sorry i always have to leave so early cuz of work D':

it was great seeing you again mslano, your weegee is ANNOYING. once you got that tornado going, it was nearly impossible for me to hit you, even with a perfectly placed din's fire!! grah! but i love you still:grin:
are you going to be here tonight?

and speaking of which, are we smashing tonight?

edit: who's a sexy Smash Apprentice? this guy;)

edit edit: oh yeah, moogle, gimme your Wii code please kthanks

edit edit edit: this is great
http://www.collegehumor.com/video:1808778

SK8orDIE

Smash Apprentice
Thanks JWT. Good games! We'll have to try that online sometime, too.

Last night was much fun. Mslano, you should visit more often. Your presence is always welcome in HSV. Shannon, we need to find you a new job, with better hours; nine to five like us normal folks.

I will actually play some Melee next time. We've had issues before, but absense makes the heart grow fonder. I consider that relationship much more abusive than Brawl. Colour me lame if you must.

I'll try to stop by tonight for a bit; hope to see you all there.

On an unrelated note, George, I need to play you more. Kirby is like Snake repellant and due to his float-in-and-out-of-yo-grill-at-will approach to life, he gives me more he11 than even that there Meta McKnightStand.

@ Coach: O RLY? ....

Ron Paul for Defender of the Universe, succeeding He-Man. I like his emphasis on what the federal government actually has control over, such as fiscal policy and spending, rather than trying to give it new powers and responsibilities. I don't, however like his pre-WWI approach to foreign policy. It's ironic that he is an isolationist when his greatest campaign support came through the internet, a conduit of limitless connectivity.

Midguy

Smash Cadet
George, is your Gamestop tourney this weekend or was it last weekend? Thinking about getting together to Smash at some point this weekend.

And yes, Ron Paul, like Nana, is a worthless *****.

ahrnygoose

Smash Rookie
man i just tried to play LOKI, T1J's friend, and all i could get was a red connection. I had to predict the future and divine what button i should press. unfortunately, that still didn't work and i got my *** kicked. i played mid last night, and though the connection was pretty crappy, we still had some fun games. and that was with a yellow connection. this color-coded internet that nintendo has wrought upon us is starting to seem about as useful as Bush's color-coded system for terrorism.

by the way, today we are at orange-red. this signifies that there is the possibility of a terrorist attack somewhere at some time soon.

also, right now i am only registered with mid and LOKI. where is everyone else? teh internetz are starting to get lonely...:( i might have to go blog on a myspace or listen to some mcr to fill the ever widening abyss in my tortured soul.

ahrnygoose

Smash Rookie
last night was cool dudes. i'm sorry i always have to leave so early cuz of work D':

it was great seeing you again mslano, your weegee is ANNOYING. once you got that tornado going, it was nearly impossible for me to hit you, even with a perfectly placed din's fire!! grah! but i love you still:grin:
are you going to be here tonight?

and speaking of which, are we smashing tonight?

edit: who's a sexy Smash Apprentice? this guy;)

edit edit: oh yeah, moogle, gimme your Wii code please kthanks

edit edit edit: this is great
http://www.collegehumor.com/video:1808778

OMELET PREVAIL!

SK8orDIE

Smash Apprentice
Ahrnygoose, I added you, but wasn't online last night. We'll have to play soon. I hope the connection will be good. If you're gaming on a campus internet connection, your bandwidth is probably shared with a bunch of other ****ers.

Oh, and try the SWF Friend Finder. It's great for finding people to play who are online at the same moment as you. Do it.

SK8orDIE

Smash Apprentice
where do i find this SWF friend finder?

and yeah, i am using a college internetz connection.
I figured as much. Not much you can do about lag, then, unless your Wi-fi signal is weak and needs boosting.

The Friend Finder can be activated instantly by clicking on the link found in the description of the Brawl Online Discussion boards on the front page of Smash World Forums. Or click on one of these threads and go from there:

http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=142251
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=151094

I will continue to recommend this to everyone until it is common knowledge because it's that useful. And because the lobby loads in real time and is full of people who are looking for a game at that very moment.

j00t

Smash Champion
Who the heck called me? I tried to ask who it was but they just hung up. :x

EDIT: It sounded like Majist, but I wasn't sure.

theONEjanitor

Smash Champion
NNID
the1janitor
goose, i think that was me. i just forgot to change the tag.
from now on i'll try to remember to change my ingame tag to t1j so everyone will know who their playing with. The tag in your list will still say LOKI? though

we're both playing on college connections so its probably dooblay the lag.
and swf friend finder is cool.

also i've learned recently that G&W is an excellent character. he has super armor in his downsmash, and lot of priority and quick moves.

I've been playing a lot jiggs, but its hard to play jiggs online because she requires precision with your spacing and such, so I haven't gotten much practice.
Waba Games tournament is today, hopefully i do good. i have high hopes.

j00t

Smash Champion
Hmm, if it wasn't Majist then maybe it was IHSB. I dunno.

Everyone that is going to Waba Games, have fun and good luck. :D

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
Hmm, if it wasn't Majist then maybe it was IHSB. I dunno.

Everyone that is going to Waba Games, have fun and good luck. :D
I'MMA TAKE IT~

My first Brawl tournament...Perhaps my first Brawl reality check, as well?

j00t

Smash Champion
Moogle, I need you to do me a favor. I wanna change the characters AGAIN, and this MIGHT be the last. So yeah... it's now Wario / Pikachu / Sonic / GnW. Thanks.

Majist

Smash Journeyman
wheee fun games j00t & janitor.

j00t, that double wario fsmash was epic, i wish i could have recorded that match.

and that Ike vs. Ike vs. DeDeDe was just too brutal.

j00t

Smash Champion
wheee fun games j00t & janitor.

j00t, that double wario fsmash was epic, i wish i could have recorded that match.

and that Ike vs. Ike vs. DeDeDe was just too brutal.
The Ike vs. Ike vs. Dedede match was my worst nightmare. For real.

Oh yeah, you said you wanted to play Wario and get tips right? Here's a few things I saw during our matches

You downsmash WAY too much. I dunno if you were doing it on accident or not because I accidentaly dsmash a lot as well, but yeah, in almost all cases fsmash is better than dsmash. I think you bair'd a little more than necessary as well.

Use the bike to recover, it's amazing. I think I saw you do it a couple of times but you can even do it when you're far below the stage because the extra jump gives you a lot of height.

Also, even though this has nothing to do with our matches, if you are going to attack with the fart, the headbutt he does is a lot more powerful in terms of killing power. I think the fart itself does more damage, but i'm not sure, I need to test it.

Oh yeah, I also saw you fart to recover, which made me giggle when I saw it. :D

[_-T4RN1SH-_]

Smash Journeyman
Please change mt characters to: Toon Link, Cpt. Olimar

R.O.B is still a person ill use every now and then but i also like to use alot of different people just for fun. Also has anyone made up there mind about going to that Memphis tourny cause i would really love to go if possible since its on the way ?

[EDIT] - It also seems like ill be needing a doubles partner in that tourny and i guess i could try playing online alittle more and getting used to the online play so ill need a partner for that too.

Majist

Smash Journeyman
thanks for the advice j00t. yeah, that recovery fart made me cry. i was hoping i could hit you too, but meh. and i do dsmash way too much. it lasts far too long after the hitting frames, so i need to get used to using fsmash more. i'm still having trouble jumping off the bike quickly. i need to work on that.

Janitor, that spear pillar match with my ganon vs. your marth was silly!!:laugh: it lasted like a whole minute longer than it needed to just cuz Dialga kept slowing down time. then i got tippered....at least 3 times. oh, the pain.

[_-T4RN1SH-_]

Smash Journeyman
i'm startin to feel better about my Toon Link...don't add em just yet though.
Toon Link is a beast man. Offline i can do alot of things with him but online is another story cause i cant play with him online like i can offline. I still do but my online gameplay is totally different.

j00t

Smash Champion
thanks for the advice j00t. yeah, that recovery fart made me cry. i was hoping i could hit you too, but meh. and i do dsmash way too much. it lasts far too long after the hitting frames, so i need to get used to using fsmash more. i'm still having trouble jumping off the bike quickly. i need to work on that.

Janitor, that spear pillar match with my ganon vs. your marth was silly!!:laugh: it lasted like a whole minute longer than it needed to just cuz Dialga kept slowing down time. then i got tippered....at least 3 times. oh, the pain.
Just hold A or X, you don't have to press a button at the right time at all.

Top Bottom