• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Alabama Thread! (10/26/2016 update)

SunriseW12

Smash Apprentice
Hey majist you seem to be pretty active online and whatnot, we should play sometime.

I've already added you so add meh

moogle

Smash Ace
I added everyone on the first page to my Wii. If you wanna fight me, AIM me at moogle561 or something.

p.s. We're smashing Thursday. Maybe Friday too. :o Keep your ears peeled.

Majist

Smash Journeyman
Hey majist you seem to be pretty active online and whatnot, we should play sometime.

I've already added you so add meh
definitely man. i'm not getting any online action:( i can't remember if i added you or not, but i will make sure after i get home from class tonight, which i am currently in:grin:

oh, and nvm about the Grand Viper question. it's just a term for Ike's >B combos :/

j00t

Smash Champion
I hate to say it, but I actually like Ganondorf in this game. Moogle, make it Wario/Sonic/Ganondorf, pl0x?

theONEjanitor

Smash Champion
NNID
the1janitor
does anyone know what the Grand Viper is? it has to do with Ike.
Teh grand viper i believe is when you do ikes forward b, and miss intentionally because theres no lag after it, right into another move, most commonly the uptilt or the jab combo.
its called grand viper because its named after midsouth smasher elliot(bearsarescary) who apparently uses the tag "grand viper" or gviper...apparenlty he discovered/popularized it

Sensai

Smash Master
How in the hell can you like that ****ty character (Ganon)? Jesus.

Furthermore, I like Bowser in this game. And Lucas.

(see the irony?)

SK8orDIE

Smash Apprentice
Tarnish, sorry for running away so much. I was talking on the phone with Munkus for those first two matches. Good games, otherwise.

munkus beaver

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0619-4510-9772
Janitor, it's actually called that because it resembles the grand viper move from guiltygearxx.

munkus beaver

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0619-4510-9772
How in the hell can you like that ****ty character (Ganon)? Jesus.

Furthermore, I like Bowser in this game. And Lucas.

(see the irony?)
I like ganon, he's not that bad, just completely different. I found that forward B is a great approach :D

[_-T4RN1SH-_]

Smash Journeyman
Haha... nice picture there Sk8. Yea man i enjoyed playing with you but i can only take so much of the online before i get bored and angry with it cause of the lagg and button lagg so yea... other then that.... FUN.

theONEjanitor

Smash Champion
NNID
the1janitor
maybe i should take up charizard. cuz none of the characters i play have any moves that out range or out prioritize his, or that come out faster or any moves than can edgeguard him or punish him when he misses or anythinnggggg

saintrage

Smash Cadet
Wow i haven't posted in so long >.< been busy with other stuffs, it kinda hurt my eyes to read through all that. I wish i could have more input on the Metanight topic but unfortunately i am still in the process of obtaining a Wii and cannot play online or even at home.

As far as smashing Thursday (today) count me in, my girlfriend might try to keep me today though >.< dunno if i can allow that to happen. As for the tournament on May 10th, I'd actually like to go, but i think i am going to a prom on that specific day. It might be the Friday before *prays it is*, but i can't remember atm.

Welcome all new comers, and hope to be smashing with you soon.

I think i might actually want to drop Falco from my mains and pick up Ike and Pikachu, or maybe i'll main everyone 0o. I really like Pikachu for some reason, but i want to see how he plays verses you guys before i decide to move forward in my play with him. He seems like he might have some decent combos, but PC players aren't reliable enough for me to be sure.

Oh and Rob, that picture is amazing

Midguy

Smash Cadet
Omg, I died lauging at that picture Rob.

I'm gonna be online for some action tonight. BE THERE OR BE SQUARE! So many people that I still need to play against (Majist, Munkus, Moogle, etc.). I still need to add you Janitor. Haven't been able to play in the past couple of days cause work sucks.

**** taxes.

SK8orDIE

Smash Apprentice
Thanks, guys. I thought you'd enjoy that one. There's actually an interesting story behind that photo. Maybe I should dress that way for my next tournament.

At the risk of jumping the gun, I'd like to say that I think I understand MetaKnight matchups enough to where I don't think he's broken (against Snake at least). He can still be frustrating, but I don't feel like I have no control over the fight anymore. For me the answer was to develop my air game, be smarter about my recovery habits, and understanding Meta's moves better. Janitor, you were right about spacing. Know it or know death.

"I'm done here"

Majist

Smash Journeyman
Janitor, it's actually called that because it resembles the grand viper move from guiltygearxx.
but bearsarescary did discover/popularize the combo. Janitor's not wrong.
THE INFAMOUS GRAND VIPER

the grand viper was made by Elliot (bearsarescarey)

this move is an approach followed by a utilt, there are many variations of what the second move can be but utilt is mainly the key pick, b/c it lifts up the opponent. The key to doing the grand viper is knowing the exact distance of an uncharged quick draw to purposely miss the opponent by inches, with no lag after a "miss" you can follow up with utilt to pop em up. This is great for mind games if opponent sees this coming and shields you "miss" you could grab or upon "missing" they lower their shield, you u utilt follow up with an aerial.
edit: Rob, that picture made my day. can't wait to brawl tonight.

Sensai

Smash Master
@ Rob: That picture's pretty good. Definitely 'lol' worthy.

@ Munkus: Sure, his >B's pretty decent....and what else? You can autocancel his Dair. Um...

??

munkus beaver

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0619-4510-9772
but bearsarescary did discover/popularize the combo. Janitor's not wrong.
Uh, I didn't say he was. I just mentioned that the reason why it's called 'grand viper' is because of the grand viper move in guilty-gear as opposed to a handle. EDIT: Let me further clarify by saying that the name gained popularity due to this resemblance.

And as for MK, he's not broken. For one, you have to approach him a lot differently than any other character. For two, he's probably the easiest character to pick up in a game we've been playing for about a month. For three, he has no hard counters yet.

[_-T4RN1SH-_]

Smash Journeyman
@ Tarnish: Gannondorf*.
Ah alright, i miss read then.

@ Munkus - man i really like your avatar. I've started getting interested in Pixel art and that picture is good. You sould really check out "Paul Robertson" and his pixel work, he is amazing.

Here is his latest pixel movie which i think is outstanding. If i were him i would get a job making video games.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=FSdoDjcI5VE - part 1
http://youtube.com/watch?v=ZYKe3lg8KfM - part 2

I know the quality is bad for this video on youtube but the only reason i posted it is so that everyone can watch it.

Here is a higher quality feed for anyone who wants to see it better - http://www.gametrailers.com/player/usermovies/193565.html

[EDIT] - Also here's his website for anyone who cares: http://visublog.mechafetus.com/
The site runs slow for some reason but alot of his work is really good.

theONEjanitor

Smash Champion
NNID
the1janitor
@ sensai. his forward b is not just good, its GODLY. if you are good at prediction you can chain it all day. There a way to follow up after it, no matter what they do (roll forward, backward, get up attack, stand up stay on the ground)
ganon's a good character.

@ rob. i think a lot of my probs with metaknight is because i'm playing online, and with th elag it's like impossible to be quick enough.
i don't think i'm patient enough, too. but one thing for sure...diddy kong isn't the character to fight metaknight with. he has no options. bananas don't even work because metaknight so fast he picks em up half the time
i have significantly less fun when i'm fighitng metaknight, and I think that frustration is another reason why the matchup is difficult, because i play like half as good when i get frustrated. i can beat most metaknights online by camping with marth, but its still harder than it should be against people who are obvious scrubs sometimes.

Sensai

Smash Master
@ Janitor: One move does not a good character make.

And the problem is that you have to hit them with something before it becomes godly.

munkus beaver

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0619-4510-9772
Ah alright, i miss read then.

@ Munkus - man i really like your avatar. I've started getting interested in Pixel art and that picture is good. You sould really check out "Paul Robertson" and his pixel work, he is amazing.
You mean my signature? If so, I didn't make it, a friend did.

Top Bottom