• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Alabama Thread! (10/26/2016 update)

mslano

Smash Journeyman
Now that I'm not living in a better place, you guys should all consider a road trip to Chicago. Don't even question - you know it would be worth it.

saintrage

Smash Cadet
Soup guys. I've been scarce as **** lately due to work, but the projects completely done and I'm ready to whoop some more azz.

My roommates and I are up for hosting another Smash Night at my house with the projector screen if anyone is up for it. We can do Brawl or Melee, or both like last time.

Anyone interested? If you don't have it, my AIM is Alucinara

And I still have someone's waterbottle. :D
I will most definitely come, whenever you decide to host, work permitting of course ;)

I **** on Brawl.

Alabama, hold a Melee tourney. And give me housing.
Moogle is planning to host one eventually, I just figured we should wait till some of the Melee/Brawl tournys thin out so we can have a good turn out.

Thank you Rob. It was nice meeting you too, and thanks for the ride.

Even though I didn't get to play all of you, I still had fun. Sorry for short words right now, but getting ready for my last job interview.:)
Good luck getting that job, and great games, i learned a lot playing you. Marth is so much easier to control than Falco >.< Perhaps you can help me in my mindgames next time we play.

@Will_: I want to just agree with joot on your Brawl skillz, your DK is extremely impressive, and I look forward to playing you more soon.

Andy, sorry i was to into Melee to ask you my math questions. I figured a few of them out but i got some more HW and i'll try to condense my questions down and actually ask them tomorrow :p

What platform is the new SF2 HD coming out on? becuase i really want to get into the fighting game scene, but i'd like to play a game with an active community, like smash ^^

Majist

Smash Journeyman
Soup guys. I've been scarce as **** lately due to work, but the projects completely done and I'm ready to whoop some more azz.

My roommates and I are up for hosting another Smash Night at my house with the projector screen if anyone is up for it. We can do Brawl or Melee, or both like last time.

Anyone interested? If you don't have it, my AIM is Alucinara

And I still have someone's waterbottle. :D
oh snap! so you're Alucinara! i kept seeing you on my buddy list and i couldn't remember for the life of me who you were.

are you talking about hosting smash tonight or tomorrow night? i would prefer the latter, tonight is sexy movie night with Rob, munkus, moogle, and possibly me if i don't have to go see a movie with my girlfriend (crossing fingers)
Brawl hate in this thread?!?!?! Let me join in. Brawl is a terrible game.

Ok I am done. XD
n0000b!! i actually miss playing you online. that was always fun:bee:

Duchock

Smash Journeyman
What platform is the new SF2 HD coming out on? becuase i really want to get into the fighting game scene, but i'd like to play a game with an active community, like smash ^^
I'm pretty sure it's Xbox 360, being released on the XBLA.

Rigor_Mortis

Smash Cadet
It won't be this weekend, I'm thinking sometime next weekend though. The woman and I already have stuff planned so unless those go totally awry, tomorrow night is going to be out. Friday nights are never good for me anyway. ;)

I'll let you guys know. I try and keep my aim on 24/7, so even when I'm not home people always have a way to get a hold of me. :D

H

HsV.BOSS

People smashed in HSV this week, and I wasn't there?

I'm going to go listen to Linkin Park now. (//_.)

MookieRah

Kinda Sorta OK at Smash
Someone told me earlier in this thread that there would be smash tournaments in b-ham soon, specifically they said it would be this coming weekend. I would like to verify this if possible, as I don't see any tournament threads for B-ham up.

theONEjanitor

Smash Champion
NNID
the1janitor

Kalm

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Unibias
3DS FC
1650-2449-3447
I like your Sheik/Zelda fame T1J, I don't remember if I fought that when we played. I wanted to say something for whatever it's worth though. Zelda is a bit heavier than Sheik, recovers better, and can camp and play safer. I think if you KO the opponent with her and you have over 70% you might want to stay as her instead of immediately going back to Sheik. That's my humble advice.

Also, I've finally started my uploads, got the first few in today. I can't remember who we used though, did we have a Marth ditto match? I want to upload our matches tommorow if I can.

Majist

Smash Journeyman
i still need to get the hang of switching between the two. i always play either Zelda or Sheik exclusively through the fight. Sheik's really hard for me to use. i have a hell of a hard time controlling her just right.

ragnarock

Smash Lord
NIce one, Don't forget our friendlies in brawl. If any other bama smasher going to FAST, I want friendlies in brawl, that includes you to REflex, if i do get to play you i'm gonna enjoy those friendlies.

j00t

Smash Champion
i still need to get the hang of switching between the two. i always play either Zelda or Sheik exclusively through the fight. Sheik's really hard for me to use. i have a hell of a hard time controlling her just right.
KoreanDJ plays Sheik in Brawl, look up one of his matches. He's a beast.

Kalm

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Unibias
3DS FC
1650-2449-3447
Hurray all my videos of that game no one plays have been uploaded!

Got the ones with T1J up, everyone loves watching lag make good players suck don't they?

Oh and also Reflex you need to add me pretty please, I feel we may have a good connection. Plus I want to have Bowser dittos. =D

SK8orDIE

Smash Apprentice
I've been thinking about going to the Brawl tourney in Bham this weekend. Any takers in HSV? Huh?

p.s. - Daikaiju was awesome tonight. They played at The Flying Monkey. Look them up.

mslano had a birthday today; you should wish him happy birthday. Were I in Chicago, I would party with you Mr. Slanovits.

theONEjanitor

Smash Champion
NNID
the1janitor
duchock. I may need a ride....but my brother mentioned that he might want to go. so if you only have one seat and he wants to go, we'll try to find another way..i'll let you know

if my brother goes I'll prolly team with him but if not i'll need a teammate

Duchock

Smash Journeyman
Well, I mean I have one comfortable seat left. There's a middle seat, but it would be uncomfortable. But hey, it's only a 10 minute ride anyway.

theONEjanitor

Smash Champion
NNID
the1janitor
well you can pick us up, we can handle the middle seat for ten minutes.

i'm not even sure if he's going though. but yeah plan to pick us up

j00t

Smash Champion
Good luck at the 64 tourney Moogle. I know you're going to win, 'cause you're awesome!

Meatknight sucks, I hate Brawl even more now. Stupid infinite DC glitch *sigh*

Will_

Smash Journeyman
At FAST1, which I am heading to today. Gonna lose me some bawrl singles.

saintrage

Smash Cadet
Omg Omg Omg Omg Omg The Dark Knight Omg

edit: wtf happened to my all caps post????:mad:
my friend got free tickets to the midnight showing and he brought me with him.

zzomg it was ****ing amazing. I'll try not to ruin it for munkus though :p speaking of which i haven't seen him on the boards lately, where is he?

Majist

Smash Journeyman
my friend got free tickets to the midnight showing and he brought me with him.

zzomg it was ****ing amazing. I'll try not to ruin it for munkus though :p speaking of which i haven't seen him on the boards lately, where is he?
god that movie was so f-ing good. i can't get over it. it seriously blew me away. i love how Marvel is doing their own movies without Hollywood screwing the stories up.

and Munkus is currently in North Carolina. I can't remember why exactly, i think it's some kind of class.

SK8orDIE

Smash Apprentice
god that movie was so f-ing good. i can't get over it. it seriously blew me away. i love how Marvel is doing their own movies without Hollywood screwing the stories up.

and Munkus is currently in North Carolina. I can't remember why exactly, i think it's some kind of class.
Batman is DC Comics, actually. I really wanna see that movie, but I haven't seen Batman Begins yet, so I'm gonna watch them in order.

Moogle's out of town and if he's not back by Thursday, there will be smash at my place. Huntsville, that is your invitation (of course anyone on this thread is welcome to come).

Top Bottom