• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Alabama Thread! (10/26/2016 update)

[_-T4RN1SH-_]

Smash Journeyman
Meh, impact clash was meh... at best. I met Will, nice guy, awesome kong XD. I still cant belive that me and my friend registered and werent even put on the bracket until we said something =/. Also the rules for things were broken way to much ( DBZ, and SC4 ). It was also really stupid that the tourny dint even start until around 3pm when it was supposed to start at Noon. Oh well i had fun meeting new people.

Duchock

Smash Journeyman
Meh, impact clash was meh... at best. I met Will, nice guy, awesome kong XD. I still cant belive that me and my friend registered and werent even put on the bracket until we said something =/. Also the rules for things were broken way to much ( DBZ, and SC4 ). It was also really stupid that the tourny dint even start until around 3pm when it was supposed to start at Noon. Oh well i had fun meeting new people.
Agreed. The whole thing was... well, if I only had one word to spend on it, it would be 'stupid.' I too had fun. It's always about the people, not really the venue. I only wish I had the courage to play more brawl. I played 4 sets of singles and 1 pick-up doubles friendly the whole weekend. Ah well~. There were loads of people. Too many people really.

Alabama did indeed rock and rock hard. Reflex @ 2nd, George and Will @ 5th, me @ ...17th. NES n00b got 3rd in Melee, but forgot to collect his earnings. Everything was climactic and all that jazz, but the room was cramped, hot, and smelled like competative gamers. I kinda stayed in the corner and only made contact with people when absolutely necessary due to the low comfort level, but all in all, it was a weekend of gayity.

...and Huntsville missed out.

Edit: Oh yeah, and the not-on-brackets thing. They had, like, 10 that happened to. Still don't know what happened there...

theONEjanitor

Smash Champion
NNID
the1janitor
JWT2k6 over a year ago said:
But anyways, i'll get good with Fox. Eventually. :p
hey jwt you kind of did

anyway i got bored and as you can see i was looking at old posts in this thread. its kind of just a long storybook, this thread is :-D

i read posts from the times when there was a melee tournament every weekend, from the times when thief was active, or when coach first met moogle, or when jwt first met moogle and sensai, or when tarnish actually had people to play, and lots of posts people who never really got involved with anything lol

its all really nostalgic really. reminds me of the days when I used to play melee alone in my dorm room during the summer practicing shffl'd nairs with roy on bowser on FD

and I thought I was relatively new to the AL smash scene, but almost everyone here joined the group later than I did :-P

for minute, moogle, coach, jwt, and sensai were the only people who really posted in this thread.

btw
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HNa11bpyN6s
possibly the silliest brawl match ever recorded.

Will_

Smash Journeyman
I got all the chaos emeralds in Sonic 1 and I'm jumping in the air with 50 rings, but nothing is happening.

Sensai

Smash Master
I'm 99% sure that the original Sonic did NOT have Super Sonic.

Then again, I'm 100% sure it's been about 15 years since I played that game last. :-/

Attention: Final Fantasy IV is really good.

Sensai

Smash Master
[Edit:] My computer's being silly today...pretend there's a post before this one that isn't mine. :-D

That...is the worst Smash video I've ever seen.

I'm so god **** happy I don't play that ****ty game.

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
Gas is at $2.97 in Phenix City.

Freezepop is playing at The Masquerade in Atlanta tomorrow.

Fortune smiles upon me this day.

GeorgeTHPS

Smash Journeyman
NNID
GeorgeThePlushie
3DS FC
1676-3689-8314
So Secret of Mana is out on Virtual Console, proving yet again why Virtual Console needs online play. And possibly text or voice chat.

Sensai

Smash Master
Isn't it sad that we're happy for gas that's 'only' $2.97? I saw gas the other day for $3.11 and was almost peeing my pants with excitement.

/sigh

Duchock

Smash Journeyman
The Wii is getting the Voice Channel (or something like that). It's a mic that sits ontop of your TV next to your sensor bar. You can talk to your friends whom you've already exchanged your 16 digit friend code with and who also are online on their Wii at the same time you are. Features include Miis that pantomime your actions depending on your voice... or some crap like that.

I don't plan on purchasing it.

GeorgeTHPS

Smash Journeyman
NNID
GeorgeThePlushie
3DS FC
1676-3689-8314
Mother 3? Coming to a language understood by you? This week? I should have been following more closely.

Majist

Smash Journeyman
Gas is at $2.97 in Phenix City.

Freezepop is playing at The Masquerade in Atlanta tomorrow.

Fortune smiles upon me this day.
Whaaaaat!? I thought i was the only fan of Freezepop in the Smash scene! God, Reflex, i didn't think it was possible for you to be more cool than you already are <3

I wish i could go:(
Dammit Moogle, I was about to post that.
But at least I know what I'm doing all week at work now.
*F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5*
you've been on 4chan too long ;D

theONEjanitor

Smash Champion
NNID
the1janitor
gas is 2.99 in tuscaloosa
which slightly upsets me because I filled up for 3.49 in birmingham before i drove down here.

and the debug code/super sonic code in sonic 2 is one of the most complicated cheat codes ever

ihavespaceblondes

Smash Master
So guys...
What's the difference between Palin's mouth and her vajayjay?
Only some of the things that come out of her vajayjay are ********.

theONEjanitor

Smash Champion
NNID
the1janitor
i liked this last debate much more than the others.
the others were basically the two guys taking turns giving speeches, but in this one they actually KINDA got to actually, ya know, debate.
i kind of think obama is going to four-stock McCain next month though.

guys my Diddy is fun to watch. no really.

in other news, i'm broke as a joke.

The Executive

Smash Lord
Within the confines of my mortal shell in T-Town.
I saw that one! At least I know if my candidate loses he can earn money making funny faces.

So guys...
What's the difference between Palin's mouth and her vajayjay?
Only some of the things that come out of her vajayjay are ********.
That's not even 'dark humor', it's just wrong.

in other news, i'm broke as a joke.
I'm so broke I overran the universe's parameters for 'poor' and my bank account deleted itself.

Sensai

Smash Master
@ IHSB:

That was amazingly funny.

@ The Executive: Your sig, or whoever Phil Brooks is (excuse my ignorance), is paraphrasing Immortal Technique. Industrial Revolution, I believe.

You probably knew this, but if you didn't...well, the more you know!

D

Deleted member

hello everyone. yall should add:
LasT Smash 2 - Baton Rouge, La. (11/22/08) Melee/ Brawl!
to your tourney list. and EVERYONE SHOULD COME!

im trying to make this big (particularly for melee), because i miss the game so.

im spaming all the regional threads lol.

later

Duchock

Smash Journeyman
Guys, I have bad news. I think I might be getting myself into some sort of relationship.

A relationship involving loads of touching... of each other.

This could be either bad or good.

GeorgeTHPS

Smash Journeyman
NNID
GeorgeThePlushie
3DS FC
1676-3689-8314
To quote a slogan by a company that makes too much money, "Touching is good." I don't know what kind of touching they're referring to, but they probably mean the kind of touching you're talking about.

Also, how about that Mother 3?

Kalm

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Unibias
3DS FC
1650-2449-3447
Guys, I have bad news. I think I might be getting myself into some sort of relationship.

Narcissism never felt so right before reading you're touching statement.

*wanders off*

Will_

Smash Journeyman

Most likely good, since you're a Ness player.

Top Bottom