• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Alabama Thread! (10/26/2016 update)

Duchock

Smash Journeyman
I want bacon now...

but on the emotional relationship side of me now, I'm starting to get a little suspicious. The hands, they're everywhere. And his mouth, it's everywhere too. Everwhere... except there. It won't be long before it gets there either.

[_-T4RN1SH-_]

Smash Journeyman
Hey Will did you have any plans on going to Final Round next year in march ?
I would love the chance to play with you again, after that match i played with you i was so tired and hungry i went outside and walked to Chick-Fil-A, ate and then came back and just layed down for about an hour. That warm food made me want to sleep XD

Will_

Smash Journeyman
I think nice1 asked if I was going to make that. Could you link me to the tournament thread so I can look it up?

Sensai

Smash Master
@ coach: Wow. That's impressive, like it or not.

Got a question about what games to acquire.

What games for Sega Saturn are good? I've got access to the Panzer Dragoon Saga, Dragon Force, and NiGHTS...but what else do I need?

Duchock

Smash Journeyman
What games for Sega Saturn are good?
Clockwork Knight (Both 1 and 2)
Skip any Sonic game ever made on the saturn
Bug! and its sequel is fun for, like, a little while...
The other Panzer Dragoon games
Uhm... Virtua Cops if you're feeling adventurous.

And by acquire, you mean by legal means of course, because we would hate for the world to think that Alabama is harboring a bunch of pirates, now wouldn't we?

nice1

Smash Lord
i might be able to make it to final round. I gotta check and see if thats the same week as prom night.

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
Didn't it have the Virtua Cop games on it?

I like playing Virtua Cop games at the arcade, at least.

Duchock

Smash Journeyman
good games on the sega saturn?

panzer dragoon.

thats it.

what a terrible system.
CLOCKWORK KNIGHT! Yeesh, you have no soul! Give it a chance. I mean, I like to think that the unexpected xmas surprise one year wasn't an American flop.

@Reflex: Yeah. A lot of the Sega arcade games from that era were ported to Saturn. I even have a copy of Die Hard Arcade! It is one of my guilty pleasures. (edit) Oh yeah! And Daytona USA.

Sensai

Smash Master
/sigh

Me and a mate here at the You Oh Da Souf have finally beaten SMB: The Lost Levels 100%...and are starting in on Battletoads for the NES. After that, Contra/Contra 3.

Other suggestions for really hard games? (Turtles in Time, yes, I know.)

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
Me and a mate here at the You Oh Da Souf have finally beaten SMB: The Lost Levels 100%...and are starting in on Battletoads for the NES. After that, Contra/Contra 3.
Make sure you play Contra 3 on Hard if you want the full satisfaction.

Ninja Gaiden for the NES is pretty difficult towards the end.

Bubsy the Bobcat in Claws Encounters of the Furred Kind.

Although pretty fun and not inherently very hard, you could try Zombies Ate My Neighbors. I've never actually been able to play through an entire game, 'cause it's so long.

I'm trying to beat Megaman X without using the Dash Boots, no extra items or weapons (other than the Mega Buster), and no heart/subtanks. I'm as far as Sigma.

Also...for your sake, I hope you're not doing co-op on Battletoads...

theONEjanitor

Smash Champion
NNID
the1janitor
viewtiful joe is among the hardest games ever made. regular adult mode is hard enough, but ultra v-rated is just ridiculous, characters that were sub- bosses in the latter half of the game become normal enemies in the first half of the game.
and if Hulk Davidson hits you once you lose like 8 friggin hearts wtf

turtles in time isn't really that hard, imo if you've got someone playing with you. Ninja turtles 1 on the NES is much more difficult.

Almost every game on the NES is ****ing hard. I still have yet to beat Kung Fu, and I just recently got beyond the fourth level in Excitebike :-D
The original Double Dragon gets pretty hard too.
Oh and Bad Dudes, that game is ****ing impossible.

reflex I dont think zombies ate my neighors ends? like after a certain point it does a Rampage-esque repeat of the first level, doesn't it?

Majist

Smash Journeyman
/sigh

Other suggestions for really hard games? (Turtles in Time, yes, I know.)
Contra 3 is easily one of the most beastly games i've ever fallen victim to

theONEjanitor

Smash Champion
NNID
the1janitor
CLOCKWORK KNIGHT! Yeesh, you have no soul! Give it a chance. I mean, I like to think that the unexpected xmas surprise one year wasn't an American flop.

@Reflex: Yeah. A lot of the Sega arcade games from that era were ported to Saturn. I even have a copy of Die Hard Arcade! It is one of my guilty pleasures. (edit) Oh yeah! And Daytona USA.
Conversely, i think Clockwork Knight is probably the easiest game i've ever played.

well, actually, Elmo's Letter Adventure was easier.

theONEjanitor

Smash Champion
NNID
the1janitor

Die Hard Aracade is the ****. I'll give you that.

it must be a cheap machine to buy or something because it seems like every Cici's pizza in America has one :-P

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
reflex I dont think zombies ate my neighbors ends? like after a certain point it does a Rampage-esque repeat of the first level, doesn't it?
No, it's got 49-ish stages, and it ends. I know that the credits are a "bonus" level where you see the developers.

GeorgeTHPS

Smash Journeyman
NNID
GeorgeThePlushie
3DS FC
1676-3689-8314
I ended up getting so good at Ninja Gaiden that the games really aren't a huge problem for me any more. Ninja Gaiden III and its limited continues can still kiss my ***, though.

Poet and I ran through Contra 3 a few times a while back.

I've considered doing Mega Man X without the dash boots before, but that would require either some sort of glitch or cheat to get past the capsule on Chill Penguin's stage or you'd have to just skip his stage entirely and use a password with his stage beaten but the dash boots not acquired. I'd be interested in doing it if I could actually play through all the levels without the dash boots.

Also working on Super Ghouls and Ghosts since I picked it up last week on the way home from Impact Clash.

Zombies Ate My Neighbors takes commitment. I tend to get tired of the game at a certain point, and as a result all the survivors die.

Sensai

Smash Master
@ everyone: Thanks for the replies. Lots of games here I haven't even thought about.

@ Reflex: Yes, we're doing Co-Op mode. It's a piece of ****...but fun.

theONEjanitor

Smash Champion
NNID
the1janitor
you might also try beating Resident Evil 4 with only handguns (no magnum or hand cannon), i put my old roomate up to that challenge.

althought we did concede there was one spot where you were forced to use the sniper rifle.

SK8orDIE

Smash Apprentice
@ sensai: I'm late to the party, but I should mention Radiant Silvergun and Virtual On as Saturn games worth trying. Both get a lot of praise from the hardcore types.

Will_

Smash Journeyman
@ sensai: I'm late to the party, but I should mention Radiant Silvergun and Virtual On as Saturn games worth trying. Both get a lot of praise from the hardcore types.
Seconded. I haven't played Silvergun, but I've only heard good things about it and I rocked Virtual On all the time in the arcades.

So who from Huntsville is going to the Tuscaloosa tourney on the 8th?

[_-T4RN1SH-_]

Smash Journeyman
Forgot about Alien Soldier. Very weird game, pretty hard even on easy mode. Worth looking into, its from the people who made Gunstar Heros so its made pretty well.

Also i give up on keeping an avatar on here anymore, it just goes away so bah.

Kalm

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Unibias
3DS FC
1650-2449-3447
you might also try beating Resident Evil 4 with only handguns (no magnum or hand cannon), i put my old roomate up to that challenge.

althought we did concede there was one spot where you were forced to use the sniper rifle.
I've beaten the game using the knife almost exclusively, I only used the Sniper Rifle and Handgun (Usually Red9) during times when I felt like it was forced. The most fun was killing the Chaingun guys (J.J.) using only the knife.

Top Bottom