• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Alabama Thread! (10/26/2016 update)

popsofctown

Smash Champion
I will probably be able to make the 8th, and would probably like to ride with someone.

I watched a video of Reflex vs. M2k, i don't know why i haven't before. Reflex is twice the man M2K will ever be.

Is there still mains listed on the first page of this thread? I'm in a transitory state, but for now i think I should be listed as Toon Link/Zelda

shaSLAM

Smash Lord
im from alabama. im going to the tourney on the 8th.
i need to start being more active on these boards...

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
I don't know what Nintendo can do from there. Mario Galaxy and TP, what next? I WANT more, but what can they do?

GeorgeTHPS

Smash Journeyman
NNID
GeorgeThePlushie
3DS FC
1676-3689-8314
Well, Mario Galaxy and Twilight Princess are both pretty garbage. Since both teams are working on new projects, they should hope their new games are better, not that they have to be to make money.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
I liked TP, but it seemed like OOT but longer with better graphics, which was very worth it. Mario, has been going in the wrong direction. I want his next game to be in DINOSAUR land, with CAPES AND GREEN QUESTION MARK BOXES AND KOOPAS. That would be awesome, and it would still make money. No need to be lazy or anything.

Kalm

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Unibias
3DS FC
1650-2449-3447
The guys are trying to be TOO innovative and creative and they make dumb stuff like Galaxy. There seriously is nothing wrong with sticking to around the same concept as Mario 64. I think everyone agrees that their favorite parts of Sunshine were the mini obstacle courses. Galaxy was just a headache with the stupid remote and the messed up angles.

theONEjanitor

Smash Champion
NNID
the1janitor
Link is my secret metaknight counter

i like every zelda game. well all the ones on nintendo systems Zelda on CDi was pretty garbage the five minutes i played of it...I cant decide whether i like OOT or LTTP better. god i love those games. i get chills thinkin about it
and im pretty sure they're never going to stop making them. i have a feeling the next Zelda game is going to be mega dope

i never got to play mario galaxy though

ok i was kidding about link being a MK counter

shaSLAM

Smash Lord
I played mario galaxy ALL summer and only finished about half of it!
and i think the wii-mote should be nominated for WORST IDEA EVER.

right next to WorldWar2 and lettuce.

i dont think anyone came up with the "idea" of lettuce. but the idea of eating it sucks :]

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
The guys are trying to be TOO innovative and creative and they make dumb stuff like Galaxy. There seriously is nothing wrong with sticking to around the same concept as Mario 64. I think everyone agrees that their favorite parts of Sunshine were the mini obstacle courses. Galaxy was just a headache with the stupid remote and the messed up angles.
Yep, I agree. The secrets, they were awesome. Especially Noki Bay's Secret. I managed to get 87 Sunshine Sprites and 112 blue coins so far, but then just stopped. Although, The paper mario series was awesome. :3

ihavespaceblondes

Smash Master
I'm having trouble deciding whether to spend my time playing Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia, Mother 3, or Rune Factory 2 when it comes out next week.
Why are you people all playing old games????

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Maybe because I don't have money for a Wii? And of course, older games are inexpensive and probaly might be better than new games. ;p

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
1. Sorry, I should have been more general. That was an example, I mean that I don't have money for any next-gen consoles, not just Wii.
2. Well, I also haven't played much games during my youth (restricted much) and so the advantage of playing older games was really good because I didn't experience much of them yet. Mother 3, eh? I haven't really looked into Mother 3, but if its an ok price and is on a console I might have, then I would play it.

ihavespaceblondes

Smash Master
By "nothing costs less", I mean that literally. It's free, the only way to play it is to download the rom, a GBA emulator, and the translation patch that got released last week.
Play Earthbound/Mother 2 first if you haven't already, though.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
I thought so, hehe. Yes, funny, I second ness but haven't played his games, I should though.

Rudementry

Smash Journeyman
Uh, is there anything coming up soon in Tuscaloosa? I've looked around and all I can find is past events.

GeorgeTHPS

Smash Journeyman
NNID
GeorgeThePlushie
3DS FC
1676-3689-8314
So is anyone going to the Monthly Brawl Tourney at Playover this month/this weekend? D:

Duchock

Smash Journeyman
Uh, is there anything coming up soon in Tuscaloosa? I've looked around and all I can find is past events.
You know, I was totally looking this up a couple of hours ago when I read this, but I totally got distracted by something.

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=198470

It's Smash on the 8th! 4 days after the election and 3 days til' my life is consumed by WotLK. I'd say it's a pretty good mid-ground.

And about Mother 3, dear God! I'm spending so much time just walking around and talking to people. It's....... funny... strange... and heartrending... especially the part about the nursing home. Go play it if you're not right now!

Rudementry

Smash Journeyman
Thanks, I'll tell my friend about the thing on te 8th. Hes been lookin for something in his area. I actually live in Dallas :p.

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
You know, I was totally looking this up a couple of hours ago when I read this, but I totally got distracted by something.

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=198470

It's Smash on the 8th! 4 days after the election and 3 days til' my life is consumed by WotLK. I'd say it's a pretty good mid-ground.

And about Mother 3, dear God! I'm spending so much time just walking around and talking to people. It's....... funny... strange... and heartrending... especially the part about the nursing home. Go play it if you're not right now!
I want to go, now that I know of it. Everyone else should come.

There's a thread; post in it.

FakeGeorge

Smash Journeyman
I dunno if Alabama has heard, but Louisiana is hosting a Brawl/ Melee tournament in Baton Rouge on November 22nd. We already have some OOS interest, but I'd love it if Alabama would make a showing. I know it's a pretty long drive, but I'll do what I can to work on finding housing if you'd like.

Here's the thread if you're interested:
LasT 2 - http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=199601

SK8orDIE

Smash Apprentice
Smash on the 8th conflicts with a certain Girl Talk concert. The stars must be misaligned.

For anyone trying to play Mother 3 on the Wii with VBA or VBA-M, I have to recommend VBA GX 1.0.3. It's based on VBA, but has a better GUI, loads roms faster, and fixes slow-down issues. Also, if your sound is crackling, try turning the treble all the way down.

Top Bottom