• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Alabama Thread! (10/26/2016 update)

shaSLAM

Smash Lord
i hate when people are like "im the best snake in central ohio" (just using random examples

like no **** man im the best d3 in central alabama lol wtf is that saying not **** at all lol
actually everyone who plays their main is the best with their main in their city lol wtf

im sure cam is the best pikachu in madison lol sig that **** dude.

BEST PIKACHU IN MY CITY

seriously too many players say stuff like this.

*Cam*

Smash Lord
Slam, I'm the best Pikachu in Alabama, not just Madison. You know there's so much competition for that spot :awesome:

I mean, Reflex is the best PT in the world, but who cares about that? It's all about the best D3 in Montevallo yo!

shaSLAM

Smash Lord
nah, reflex actually acheived something.
he goes beyond his city/region/pretty much the USA.

that like huge. i honestly think top players with thier character deserve their credit.

im just saying its kind of dumb how people brag about something that they know isnt even really a big deal just because it SOUNDS like one. like it sounds like a big deal to say im the best d3 in my city, but deep down i know my only competition is a bunch of 6 year olds, and scrubs lol.

edit: oh wait you got my point already cam...

yeah lol you right cam, you are the best pika in alabama though lol.
im not even sure that im the best d3 in alabama right now. mahg plays him and george plays him some too, and either of them could be better than me. oh and also serin. even though he's inactive, im sure he has a better d3 than me lol

oh and elev8 damn i forgot about elev8

*Cam*

Smash Lord
nah, reflex actually acheived something.
he goes beyond his city/region/pretty much the USA.

that like huge. i honestly think top players with thier character deserve their credit.

im just saying its kind of dumb how people brag about something that they know isnt even really a big deal just because it SOUNDS like one. like it sounds like a big deal to say im the best d3 in my city, but deep down i know my only competition is a bunch of 6 year olds, and scrubs lol.

edit: oh wait you got my point already cam...

yeah lol you right cam, you are the best pika in alabama though lol.
im not even sure that im the best d3 in alabama right now. mahg plays him and george plays him some too, and either of them could be better than me. oh and also serin. even though he's inactive, im sure he has a better d3 than me lol

oh and elev8 damn i forgot about elev8
Well, you're the best Wari... *&@!ing Reflex...

I SEE YOU

Smash Ace
So I watched We Need to Talk About Kevin last night. I haven't felt that uncomfortable while watching a movie since Requiem for a Dream. With that said, it comes highly recommended. In other news, I'm picking up Pit. He seems like a solid character that forces me to think and consistently move/do moves, which prevents me from standing still to often and becoming predictable.

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
So I watched We Need to Talk About Kevin last night. I haven't felt that uncomfortable while watching a movie since Requiem for a Dream. With that said, it comes highly recommended. In other news, I'm picking up Pit. He seems like a solid character that forces me to think and consistently move/do moves, which prevents me from standing still to often and becoming predictable.
You could just force yourself to think and keep doing moves with any character...

At least you have a planking game, right? Just not against Charizard. ;)

shaSLAM

Smash Lord
i watch the tv series Traile Park Boys.
i highly recomend it to everyone but its kind of dry.

shaSLAM

Smash Lord
raf youre always watching scary movies though..

its weird i wasnt freaked out in requim for a dream. guess that **** is just my life dude lool i know how that **** goes and i can totally relate to the old lady when shes going crazy and **** lol like i was like "damn they did a good job witht he visuals"

like seriously, everything gets brighter and idk man, they really nailed it with the visuals while the old lady is hallucenating. thats like striahgt up how it looks and feels. not ALL of it. but the parts they displayed were really good.

theONEjanitor

Smash Champion
NNID
the1janitor
You could just force yourself to think and keep doing moves with any character...

At least you have a planking game, right? Just not against Charizard. ;)
i feel the same way about Pit. I wish he was good :(

most characters in this game just have a way of letting you go on auto pilot without realizing it because gimmick **** works against mid and low level players. It's hard to force yourself to think when it works half the time. With Pit you like always have to think in all situations. Like you HAVE to.

that said, I need to step up my ledge game with Pit.

shaSLAM

Smash Lord
dude janitor if you step up your ledge game then that makes pit like SOO much better forreal.
thats what i been tellin you for a while dude you gotta plank that **** man lol

theONEjanitor

Smash Champion
NNID
the1janitor
wordd

and to elaborate on what I'm saying about going on auto pilot...i think one of the hardest things to overcome as a scrub like me is the difference between you playing well and your opponent playing badly. that's why its so necessary to go to tournaments and play against people who are clearly better than you.

its like, LOL YO I TOTALLY READ THAT BACKWARDS ROLL. when actually it was your opponent doing something stupid and he shouldn't have rolled in the first place.

I SEE YOU

Smash Ace
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=endscreen&v=gR86gjDo-ok&NR=1

raf watch this, its pretty disturbing, despite the trailer showing none of the disturbing parts but it is really unsettling if you like that sort of thing. its pretty intriguing also.

AAAAAAAAAALLLLLSO its on netflix instawatch dudeeerrr
I'm an hour into the Void. Movie is pretty bizarre, but I'm interested in where it's going.

its like, LOL YO I TOTALLY READ THAT BACKWARDS ROLL. when actually it was your opponent doing something stupid and he shouldn't have rolled in the first place.
Yeah, there's definitely a difference into forcing a good player into making a mistake; and playing a less skilled player who makes mistakes without thinking about situations. However, it always feels good when you punish correctly, regardless if the opponent is less skilled or not (imo).

shaSLAM

Smash Lord
its a very unsettling movie but its really beautiful too.

its a little slow though and doesnt give you immidiate entertainment its like slow the whole way through so idk if thats your thing or not, most people dislike that about movies :/

I SEE YOU

Smash Ace
its a very unsettling movie but its really beautiful too.

its a little slow though and doesnt give you immidiate entertainment its like slow the whole way through so idk if thats your thing or not, most people dislike that about movies :/
I feel like the director went out of his way to show stuff in the movie that is considered taboo to view/talk about: Drug use, A LOT of graphic sex, abortion, and kids being exposed to death, and the weird relationship between Oscar and Linda. The concept is really cool (the Tibetan book of the dead) and the visuals are amazing : Tripping on DMT, over head view of Tokyo, his friends model of tokyo under black light, etc. You were right, the movie is very unsettling and throughout it I was like WTF?!? Are they really showing this right now? Despite some disturbing concepts, I found myself continuing to watch the movie to find out what Oscar would reincarnate into.

ANYWAYS~ we're just going to have to discuss this next time i see you. I also need to watch The Fountain. I was interested in seeing it after you mentioned it to me, but I never got around to watching it. Having free time between semesters is awesome :awesome:

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
I saw that movie about a week ago. It was...strange. The type of movie that everyone takes away something different from it. Worth watching, I think.

shaSLAM

Smash Lord
nah its not about hwat he's reincarnated into, its more about showing his life in retrospect/ trip form, after he dies. the whole movie is like a giant trip thats why you gotta see it from 1st person view, otherwise you wouldnt feel it as much or see it.

and that DMT trip scene, DMT is impossible to portray so expand that by liek 100 and you'll get what its kinda like visually.

also its the director is all about explaining the effects of DMT. DMT is like a mental reset the trip is so intense sooo it could be compared to reincarnating yourself. the movie is kind of like a similie on what the emotional and pyschological effects of a DMT trip are. the aftermath and the trip itself.

and believe me, its the most accurate one to date BUTTT still not even close by a long shot. DMT is one HELL of a life altering drug.

but yeah imma watch that though raf.

shaSLAM

Smash Lord
or i mean, thats just my opnion on it. lol

baby who knows whats gonna happen lottery or car crash or maybe youll join a cult

theONEjanitor

Smash Champion
NNID
the1janitor
if we need to talk about kevin and requiem for a dream disturbed you then NEVER watch A Serbian Film, Irreversible or Antichrist

simply READING the summary of "A Serbian Film" will probably disturb you more than watching Requiem For a Dream (which happens to be one of my very favorite movies)

I SEE YOU

Smash Ace
if we need to talk about kevin and requiem for a dream disturbed you then NEVER watch A Serbian Film, Irreversible or Antichrist

simply READING the summary of "A Serbian Film" will probably disturb you more than watching Requiem For a Dream (which happens to be one of my very favorite movies)
I've never heard about A Serbian Film, however, Irreversible is on my need to watch list. I've seen Antichrist and felt so lost throughout the entire movie. However, Antichrist is damn near unmatched when it comes to cinematography. They filmed some beautiful scenes, but also showed some straight up crazy **** at the sametime lol. Requiem is a great movie, but you need to step yourclassic film game up. You posted on facebook recently saying you hadn't seen the Godfather... (i just watched it 3 weeks ago myself :cool:)

shaSLAM

Smash Lord
ive watched every gang/mafia movie ever soooo many times dude.
godfather is like my starting point lol.
i love those gangster movies.

those and a few select TV series and drug movies and the classic cult drug movies (feaf and loathing. party monsters, etc) are about all ive seen though ://///

I SEE YOU

Smash Ace
Yeah, when I saw Godfather, I was like "that was good, but it's certainly not the GREATEST GANGSTA/MAFIA MOVIE OF ALL TIME?" But when you think about when it was released (1972), you have to take into consideration that the Godfather showed everyone what Mafia movies were supposed to be, so I definitely recommend watching it. Personally, I think Goodfellas is probably my favorite mafia movie. If you haven't seen it, then you need to watch it like RIGHT NOW. Joe Pesci is one grimey mf. I've never seen Fear and Loathing, but i have seen Party Monster. It's weird seeing Macauly Culkin dress in drag lol. As for t.v. series, you need to get on Board Walk Empire. That show is pretty awesome, although I may be a little bias as I am a history buff and the show is set in the 1920s.

theONEjanitor

Smash Champion
NNID
the1janitor
why don't luigi players spam down b way more? it seems like an extremely safe, high priority moves that can shield poke and also beat rolls and spotdodges? i guess maybe it could be powershielded then grabbed?

I SEE YOU

Smash Ace
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tyB6eX0PIyc&feature=related

this is why i hate games

i'm CLEARLY playing smarter and better in the first round, but I come closer to winning in the second round because i'm playing a better character.
I agree that you were playing smarter in the first round, but you still made mistakes that could have change the tide of the match early. I find it a lot easier to play with the lead, especially with Pit, so I'm going to tell you what I think you need to do more often.

1. I counted 5 times where rather than nairing OoS, you unsuccessfully tried to shield grab, or just rolled to reset your position. Pit's grab range is mediocre, and Robs like to use bair on shield to make you think you can grab it. Although nair doesn't do much damage, it still does some & sometimes sets you up for follow ups (arrows are probably the best option unless they jump like you do at 3:25). You need to punish as often as possible if you only did 5% for those 5 times he hit your shield on the first stock, you would have done 25% and possibly allowed you to fight with the lead (great because you have arrows that can force an approach).

2. On the second stock you made some good reads (read the roll and you landed down smash, I loved up tilt to up air x2), but you found yourself in a boxing match from 2:30 to 2:50 where iPuff was using his range to keep you out. You did a decent job exchanging, but the first 20 seconds you continuously tried to approach on the ground; and it was with shield. I'd recommend full hopping and trying to approach from above. You have 3 jumps, you can get higher than him and try to bait, kind of the way D3 does (is he going to land with a back air or not). I like to do a full hop dair, and then based on what the opponent does, I either jump away, or try and land a back air. Although back air is a solid kill move, on shield it pushes your opponent back making it more difficult to punish. I feel like Pit's bair almost auto spaces for the player, kind of like marth's fair(as shown at 3:43), so try and use it more often.

3. A lot of the 3rd stock was just you playing from behind and trying to force an approach. I feel like I've already said WAY TOO MUCH so i'm just going to sit back and wait for more ppl to post about movies. :cool:

theONEjanitor

Smash Champion
NNID
the1janitor
i almost never do aeriels OoS with any character and I know thats one thing i need to change. I don't really know how to fight rob with any character either, he's a character thats good at making you think you can do something when you can't. thats like a major thing in this game that has always hindred me. things don't make sense lol especially with good characters. Like I have to tell myself 'stop doing what makes sense and just do what you know works" but its hard sometimes lol like 'HIS HITBOX IS RIGHT THERE WHY CANT I GRAB IT GRR'

i feel like Pit's aerial game is overrated, but im probably just doing it wrong. fair and bair both come out slowly and you can see them coming from a mile away, iono. up-b mindgames seems to work alot and I dont even really understand why but its hard to get in on rob even aerially because his fair is so quick.

thanks for the tips tho...and why is everyone like "i posted too much" is there some rule against posting too much useful information in this thread ? lol

Top Bottom