• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Alabama Thread! (10/26/2016 update)

*Cam*

Smash Lord
Sorry, this weekend is a no go for me. (Busy) :ohwell:
Next weekend should work.

EDIT: @Ryker: I do travel, just don't have any $ to help out for gas.
It's been hard since losing my job & apartment in chicago, that's why i moved down here until i can
get back on my feet. i'm still going back 2 chi-town pretty soon though, This is just temporary.
(I have family down here)
Well, talk to Huntsville crew and they might let you hitch a ride for free.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
Cam, can you text me Nick's number? I'm going to have to go up there Monday to get my wallet. I've got to have my driver's license so I can apply for a job.

: /

Duchock

Smash Journeyman
I've never been able to find one myself. Search google for 'sumabura' and 'keijiban' to try and find something. Just check a dictionary for the kanji and stuff.

shaSLAM

Smash Lord
whenever someone asks "smash tommorow?" the only responses from the people in the area surrounding that person should be replying to that.

that doesnt happen ever with bham.

GET SERIOUS!!!!

theONEjanitor

Smash Champion
NNID
the1janitor
its hard for me because i work til 7PM M-F. and i try to relax or go work out after work... i dont think cheap is nearby on weekends. maybe one of the saturdays tho we can do something.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
I've never been able to find one myself. Search google for 'sumabura' and 'keijiban' to try and find something. Just check a dictionary for the kanji and stuff.
It does exist. I saw it linked when they were discussing that Japanese national.

Duchock

Smash Journeyman
Oh yeah. I forgot to post this. This was the sign-up list for Brawl at Kami-con.

You all can infer what you will from this image.

shaSLAM

Smash Lord
i remember ps2 twisted metal black was where it was at forreal back in the day

i actually had nightmares from that game lol

shaSLAM

Smash Lord
i have a band now. in about 6 months maybe we'll be playing shows.
making electronic music on a macbook is sooo boring compared to actual live rehersals.
i really dont like that live music is a dieing thing. granted there is still alot of live shows and alot of fans of the bands that play live, but most of the music that gets my attention is being done in kids bedrooms on their macbooks now.

its like if nsync played woodstock instead of jimi hendrix or something lmao.

but im really glad to be playing live instruments again. you get that feeling again. it'd been a couple years since i got it and it feels more like home than anything ever has.

TheSaintKai

Smash Ace
i have a band now. in about 6 months maybe we'll be playing shows.
making electronic music on a macbook is sooo boring compared to actual live rehersals.
i really dont like that live music is a dieing thing. granted there is still alot of live shows and alot of fans of the bands that play live, but most of the music that gets my attention is being done in kids bedrooms on their macbooks now.

its like if nsync played woodstock instead of jimi hendrix or something lmao.

but im really glad to be playing live instruments again. you get that feeling again. it'd been a couple years since i got it and it feels more like home than anything ever has.
What do you play? And whenever you start playing shows, you should get one farther south, and I'll come to it. :)

theONEjanitor

Smash Champion
NNID
the1janitor
Reflex have you ever considered making a guide for smashboards about anything (more than just character specific stuff?). You seem to have a butt-ton of game knowledge and a willingness to teach people? Do you think everything's been said already?

EDIT: why am i just now noticing **** in the game even though its been out 4 years. I never noticed cranky kong in the window on jungle japes WTF. are there a lot of easter eggs like this lol?
ALSO
i didnt realize you could cancel Snake's cypher by simply pressing down lol WTF

GeorgeTHPS

Smash Journeyman
NNID
GeorgeThePlushie
3DS FC
1676-3689-8314
Reflex have you ever considered making a guide for smashboards about anything (more than just character specific stuff?). You seem to have a butt-ton of game knowledge and a willingness to teach people? Do you think everything's been said already?

EDIT: why am i just now noticing **** in the game even though its been out 4 years. I never noticed cranky kong in the window on jungle japes WTF. are there a lot of easter eggs like this lol?
ALSO
Cranky Kong was there in Melee, so it's more like 10 years.

popsofctown

Smash Champion

ALSO
Have you been C4 recovering without down-cancelling cypher? That's the only way I can C4 recover without fastfalling.

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
I feel like it's much harder to come up with something to say when a person isn't directly asking you about it. I'm not sure what people would want me to write about that they can't get elsewhere. Otherwise, I don't see why I wouldn't. *shrugs*

theONEjanitor

Smash Champion
NNID
the1janitor
Have you been C4 recovering without down-cancelling cypher? That's the only way I can C4 recover without fastfalling.
Yeah I have been doing that, I was just under the impression that you had to do a move (like c4), or airdodge to cancel it. i didn't realize it was the down input that was canceling it and not the down-b input.

shaSLAM

Smash Lord
What do you play? And whenever you start playing shows, you should get one farther south, and I'll come to it. :)
i think all the indie kids are around birmingham and a little bit in huntsville.
once you get to montgomery or mobile most kids are into metal or scene pop punk stuff so idk how we'd play there. i use to live in montgomery and i know for a fact indie bands cant play and arent welcome in that city. but theres just a lot of drama in montgomery in general and also its a pretty small city with only one or two venues. (both of which are metal oriented)
fun fact: i was in 3 different metal bands when i lived in montgomery. didnt you say you played metal, saint?

anyways i play bass, guitar, and sing. ive been playing guitar since i was 9 years old, but in this band, im playing bass. its just how it worked out.

TheSaintKai

Smash Ace
i think all the indie kids are around birmingham and a little bit in huntsville.
once you get to montgomery or mobile most kids are into metal or scene pop punk stuff so idk how we'd play there. i use to live in montgomery and i know for a fact indie bands cant play and arent welcome in that city. but theres just a lot of drama in montgomery in general and also its a pretty small city with only one or two venues. (both of which are metal oriented)
fun fact: i was in 3 different metal bands when i lived in montgomery. didnt you say you played metal, saint?

anyways i play bass, guitar, and sing. ive been playing guitar since i was 9 years old, but in this band, im playing bass. its just how it worked out.
I can't say I've felt those "hated by the venue" feels because metal is pretty accepted in Pcola. x) But that's ****ty, not being able to play in huge cities. :/
Yeah I do!

Bass is really underappreciated for the musical harmonies and general badass-ness of the instrument. :/

Top Bottom