• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Alabama Thread! (10/26/2016 update)

SleepyK

Banned via Administration
sister pp is da hottest

shoutouts

aznseal: i have too much for one forum post about the game, but you were an awesome guy. let's hang out more often.

kosine: u a figgit byitch

zero: we only played like zero matches what hapen let's play more and hang out pls k
mle: i also am sux at ssf4 let's play that game sometime

cheap: you improved a ton since you first started playing melee! thanks for the housing n stuff. y u guys live so far k move closer pls

other guys there: twas fun. project m sux

theONEjanitor

Smash Champion
NNID
the1janitor
Why doesn't Birmingham have any decent arcades?
I don't think arcades are a very profitable enterprise anymore, due to the ubiquity of console gaming, and the fact that, at this point it far exceeds the arcade experience.

The places that do still have good arcades probably only do because of the dedication of its owners, or because the arcade is located in a place that generates a lot of traffic.

A mall has a lot of traffic, but malls attract people who like to shop for things like clothes and such. and those people aren't necessarily the same types of people who would support an arcade.

Like i remember back in the day, the arcade games were sooo much better than the console ports. they had better graphics and more gameplay options. and some games you couldn't even get on the console or whatever system it was. i think the first game that im aware of to have a console port that was indistinguishable from the arcade version was Killer Instinct for the SNES

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
I don't think arcades are a very profitable enterprise anymore, due to the ubiquity of console gaming, and the fact that, at this point it far exceeds the arcade experience.

The places that do still have good arcades probably only do because of the dedication of its owners, or because the arcade is located in a place that generates a lot of traffic.

A mall has a lot of traffic, but malls attract people who like to shop for things like clothes and such. and those people aren't necessarily the same types of people who would support an arcade.
This, certainly. It's sad, but they just don't make money like they used to; if you're not running a place made for entertainment of that sort (like Chuck E. Cheese or Dave and Buster's), there's just not enough incentive to come. Essentially, D&B has the arcade crowd ruled with an iron fist, and other places have them because there's decent traffic involved.

If I got rich, I'd like to own an arcade. I'd know what all the cool games are, too.

shaSLAM

Smash Lord
i went to chicago

i saw lightning bolt, moogle.

probably one of the best shows ive ever seen

and

easily

the most brutal crowd i have ever been in.

they started moshing during the sound check and didnt stop until ten minutes after the set

shaSLAM

Smash Lord
This, certainly. It's sad, but they just don't make money like they used to; if you're not running a place made for entertainment of that sort (like Chuck E. Cheese or Dave and Buster's), there's just not enough incentive to come. Essentially, D&B has the arcade crowd ruled with an iron fist, and other places have them because there's decent traffic involved.

If I got rich, I'd like to own an arcade. I'd know what all the cool games are, too.
you want to do some favors for me?

Zero_Gamer

Smash Master
Guess who finished Honey and Clover?
A: Matt4300
B: Matt the Derp
C: Zero
Guess who hid under a blanket to hide his tears?
Guess who got a panic attack from reading a hentai in the presence of above choices while they were playing Brawl+?
Guess who's going to North Carolina tomorrow:
D: MLEsis
E: The correct answer ( B, C, D)
F: I don't know

shaSLAM

Smash Lord
how come there is only one "f" answer.

that is the multiple choice i always choose.

it never works out good.

test scores plumit to the single digits

shaSLAM

Smash Lord
the talk of traveling makes me feel nauseous, right now.

ha, let me think about that kind of stuff later, joot.
but i want to.
winnar is gonna be there and jewt and cheaperz.

my mk still gets 3 stocked by ddds

Saki-

Reset Project
NNID
iTasya
I've got to finish Honey and Clover, yep.

D:< and you're coming back Zero, we'll await your return.

GeorgeTHPS

Smash Journeyman
NNID
GeorgeThePlushie
3DS FC
1676-3689-8314
George, did you still want to go to New Orleans for that tournament?
Yes. If you're planning on going through Montgomery to get to Nawlins, you should totally pick me up, so we can ride together. When/where should we meet up if that's the case?

shaSLAM

Smash Lord
im jus kidding janitor.

you know right?

i ned to learn melee..

like..
really fast..

so i can win FAP

theONEjanitor

Smash Champion
NNID
the1janitor
ill go to fap if someone picks me up.

but i dont have any money to enter anything (or to chip in on gas)

and i'd need to be back before noon the next day

Top Bottom