• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Alabama Thread! (10/26/2016 update)

_Keno_

Smash Lord
It shows the will to win. Not caring for the bad looks/thoughts you'd get as winning. I mean if you're playing to win it should get more respect in the long run right? But just picking up the character doesn't help. You'd also have to win with it.
No it doesnt, it shows that the person is a cop-out, too lazy to practice with their own character. Why do you think a person gets bad looks? Surely not because people are supportive of the newfound "will to win." You can still have the will to win and play a non-metaknight character.

:glare:

Saki-

Reset Project
NNID
iTasya
I don't think anyone called Micealis a cop out when he started doing well with Metaknight. If I'm recalling correctly they're even considering him a much better player.

Yes, I hate it when people switch mains to Metaknight just to have an easier time and is one step closer to making money. But in this community, the people that place well are the people getting the most credit.

:I I won't be picking up Metaknight though, he isn't fun I'd rather use Marth.

NinjaFoxX

Banned via Warnings
delete that text.

you know what text.
what text?

I don't think anyone called Micealis a cop out when he started doing well with Metaknight. If I'm recalling correctly they're even considering him a much better player.

Yes, I hate it when people switch mains to Metaknight just to have an easier time and is one step closer to making money. But in this community, the people that place well are the people getting the most credit.

:I I won't be picking up Metaknight though, he isn't fun I'd rather use Marth.
those people usually dont make it far and usually end up getting beat by yoshi
just sayian.jpg
I'd rather just drop Brawl in general.
i though you did?

Zero_Gamer

Smash Master
Even when you don't make it far, there's something about maining Meta Knight that nets you respect even though he's a f.aggy character.

The Meta Knight Paradox.

I won't drop Brawl as long as there others I can practice with. I like competition, even if the contest in question is a steaming pile.

Saki-

Reset Project
NNID
iTasya
They're willing to consider making tournaments for the fighting games. Street Fighter, Blazblue. All that jazz.

O: you forgot already?

I need to redo every english class I've ever taken

theONEjanitor

Smash Champion
NNID
the1janitor
Meta Knight ain't even that good

I knew nes noob would be brought up. He's what I would call a smash prodigy. He's obviously an exception and not the rule. How often does that happen? That why it's so amazing that he got so good so fast. Cuz it never happens

Drive and discipline are more important than anything tho and he had exceeding amounts of both

theONEjanitor

Smash Champion
NNID
the1janitor
The only thing I hate about metalnight is how scrubs refuse to learn how to fight him so they can continue to complain

And people who aren't actually good with the character win matches with them. Look mk is best obv lols. But if u are halfway decent at this game you shouldn't lose to someone who sucks regardless of the characters. L2barlw

I kind of like fighting mk players bc most of them suck and are used to getting by doing gay ****

Saki-

Reset Project
NNID
iTasya
;P I can beat mediocre Metas. The good ones is where I'm lost.

I could blame my Character and myself for not being able to do much against them.

anomaly

Smash Apprentice
Happy birthday, russ. I'd guess you check this more often than facebook.
Anyway, I hope your exams are going well too.

theONEjanitor

Smash Champion
NNID
the1janitor
Bad players aren't able to maintain an unbeatable strategy tho. Well obviously good players can't either. Every top mk gets beat by other top players. M2k doesn't lose often but I don't think it's bc he plays mk

I think ics inflate skill wayy moar

Saki-

Reset Project
NNID
iTasya
O: whoa it's Cheap's bday? Happy Birthday dude

I'll still brawl, even though I'm terribly irritated at your dumb planking.

@Janitor. Well of course it isn't solely on his character. He has skill, experience, and enough knowledge of the game to put himself leagues higher than most of the players out there. Using Metaknight just helps, why has he moved on the to best characters in Melee and Brawl? In Melee's view, his main had the least bad matchups than any other character. In Brawl, his character has no bad matchups. It prevents him from being screwed over in some character's flaw.

_Keno_

Smash Lord
I agree with Janitor on ICs inflating skill the most. Perfect execution can make a lot of money for an otherwise mediocre player.

Too bad things get a lot harder when they fight Meta Knight.
I agree tij too, ICs are getting better faster than anyone else.

If I ever decided to switch to a top tier, it would be them. Too bad b'hams too lazy to play brawl for more than an hour per week.

shaSLAM

Smash Lord
i hope you know that any charecter can plank, zero.

i picked up mk solely because he looks cool and he is fun to play with.
my mk honestly isnt that good but im sticking with him bc he is the charecter i want to play with at the moment.
and i hate the false reasoning that you can pick mk just to win. mk is just another charecter. he takes time to get good with and he can actually suck ALOT if you arent good with him. i actually lose more with my mk because its not as good as my wario..

why do you think you dont see kismet going mk against all the good players he plays? he'd obviously do that if picking mk made you win easier right? its cuz he feels more comfotable with falco. i felt waaay more comfortable with wario but i honestly just think mk looks really... reallly... cool. and is badass.

Purple

Hi guys!
I agree with shaSLAM with the idea that playing a character you're more comfortable with (to an extent) gives better results., however I don't agree that Metaknight is just another character.

Zero_Gamer

Smash Master
that would be hilarious Zero.
So you've seen this heartbreaking film too?

i hope you know that any charecter can plank, zero.

i picked up mk solely because he looks cool and he is fun to play with.
my mk honestly isnt that good but im sticking with him bc he is the charecter i want to play with at the moment.
and i hate the false reasoning that you can pick mk just to win. mk is just another charecter. he takes time to get good with and he can actually suck ALOT if you arent good with him. i actually lose more with my mk because its not as good as my wario..

why do you think you dont see kismet going mk against all the good players he plays? he'd obviously do that if picking mk made you win easier right? its cuz he feels more comfotable with falco. i felt waaay more comfortable with wario but i honestly just think mk looks really... reallly... cool. and is badass.
I hope you know MK can plank with complete invincibility/incredible manueverability. I already know why people don't always go Meta Knight, but regardless, he is the best character in the game and will get people far. I don't think he's the easiest character to learn, but that doesn't excuse him from having an ability to shut down a majority of the cast. I think Meta Knight is really, really cool too. It's why I used him + Lucario since day 1, but I'm still going to insult him and the game he's in.

theONEjanitor

Smash Champion
NNID
the1janitor
Planking is unbeatable if u decide to do it the whole match. Agreed. I fully believe that planking is obvious stalling tho and that stalling should be illegal. Its virtually the same thing as tjw infinite cape glitch as it is a tactic that makes u unfightable. Its dumb that we can easily see how one is banworthy and not the other.

shaSLAM

Smash Lord
did planking not exist in melee?

i think ic's will get people farther than mk will.
we have one good ic's in our region and he is ****** ****. we have like at least 10 people who picked up mk and none of them are really making any outstanding progress. granted elev8 is already a good player. but... i mean... cmon... its an infinite.

but i agree whole heartedly that brawl is ******** ****ing horse ****.
amd thank you zero, i feel more like a smasher with the charecter avi. lol and lately i have felt like trying to make more logical/less asssholeish posts.

and do some charecters not have invicibilty when they plank? i thought that was the whol purpose of planking and i thought anyone could do it. jw cuz i dont know.

theONEjanitor

Smash Champion
NNID
the1janitor
Melee players weren't lame. They actually like to fight their opponents. Also they didn't bull**** their definition of stalling. Peach bomber stall could have brought peach to s tier prolly but that community was much more anti stalling than barlw comminity

Jiggs and ganon can plank pretty effectively. But as I said melee players like to actually fight

theONEjanitor

Smash Champion
NNID
the1janitor
Brawl is an awesome game that wasn't meant to played competitively. So is melee. But brawl has a much lamer and scrubbier community who are more interested in winning than actually getting good at the game
Or that's my theory at least

Zero_Gamer

Smash Master
Planking is easily countered in Melee.

According to frame data, Meta Knight and, I think, Ganondorf are the only characters that are invincible from ledge drop to ledge re-grab. Everyone else is vulnerable. You can try it out on Brinstar. If you do it right, you're inside the lava and you don't care.

Unfortunately, ledge-stalling can be viewed as waiting for an advantageous position and is gay.

Saki-

Reset Project
NNID
iTasya
Bro

Why the **** do people use Darkrai, Deoxys, Manaphy and all of those other dumb ubers lol. xD I want them out of my standard OU battles please.

From the 3 5th gens I used, I'm veeerrryyy happy with the results.

theONEjanitor

Smash Champion
NNID
the1janitor
I watch vids of dudes like ally and esam and lee and I'm like God this dudes are ****ing awesome this inspires me. Then I go to a local tournament and get infinite chaongrabbed and I'm like ..____..

SleepyK

Banned via Administration
Meta Knight ain't even that good

I knew nes noob would be brought up. He's what I would call a smash prodigy. He's obviously an exception and not the rule. How often does that happen? That why it's so amazing that he got so good so fast. Cuz it never happens

Drive and discipline are more important than anything tho and he had exceeding amounts of both
you can get both yourself if you honestly cared.

I agree with shaSLAM with the idea that playing a character you're more comfortable with (to an extent) gives better results., however I don't agree that Metaknight is just another character.
most important things in picking a char to play
1) fun
2) suiting your playstyle

I watch vids of dudes like ally and esam and lee and I'm like God this dudes are ****ing awesome this inspires me. Then I go to a local tournament and get infinite chaongrabbed and I'm like ..____..
t1j you fit the bill for the "brawl community scrub" you talk about <_<

no johns ho.

OMG I'L NEAVER BE GUD CAUSE I MNO T PRODFIFFYGY I CANTT WANT 2 B GUD

lols

Top Bottom