• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Alabama Thread! (10/26/2016 update)

Majist

Smash Journeyman
Duck under a Pika grab..? No wai.

PSO: Blue Burst, it's the PC version of PSO, and there's a free server that me and a few other people play on (Nite hit lv 200 a few days ago)
holy crap. i think my pso character (well, my best of the 8 that i have :grin:) is at like lv. 131 or something like that. i might check out this blue burst you speak of.

GeorgeTHPS

Smash Journeyman
NNID
GeorgeThePlushie
3DS FC
1676-3689-8314
By the way, I wouldn't mind going to Reflex's tournament. I understand car room is already an issue, but if I could carpool down, that'd be great.

SK8orDIE

Smash Apprentice
Not to be the odd duck here, but I kinda like Temple. Then again, I like a lot of stages, items, modes, etc. that are well recieved in the competitive scene. As for the returning stages, I can has Green Greens & Fountain of Dreams (sans lag) plz? k, thx!

Majist

Smash Journeyman
somehow the updates continually make me want to vomit.
i agree. good, i'm not the only one. took the words outta my mouth... or my fingers...
Not to be the odd duck here, but I kinda like Temple. Then again, I like a lot of stages, items, modes, etc. that are well recieved in the competitive scene. As for the returning stages, I can has Green Greens & Fountain of Dreams (sans lag) plz? k, thx!
i agree with fountain of dreams, but green greens? XP. no thanks.
What I would REALLY like is if they brought back Hyrule from Smash 64. Probably one of the coolest stages ever.
i agree to this as well!!

mslano

Smash Journeyman
@mslano: i'm sure you've already specified this, but just so i don't have to go searching through the thread, when are you coming back?
I'm not sure of the exact timing. My last final paper this semester is due on the 14th. I'll be driving down after that, but I'm not sure how many stops I'll be making along the way. It would be pretty easy to stop in Huntsville for an evening though, so I think that will be on my agenda. I'll know more as time progresses. In the meantime, I have 2 presentations this coming week and then 55+ pages of final papers due the following week. If I'm posting, it means I'm procrastinating, so feel free to tell me to get back to work when I do post.

MookieRah

Kinda Sorta OK at Smash
I want Mookie now. That's how awesome you are. When will you be coming to Huntsville? :p
That sounds pretty yummy. I can't guarantee anything, but that is definitely something I'd like to do.

On another note, I picked up Bowser yesterday. OMFG IT'S SO MUCH FUN!!! I want to play Iori's DK with it now. Most of my matches were against Joel's DK, and that matchup is crazy XD. Fun fun fun.

Oh, my sig is still there btw.

Majist

Smash Journeyman
I'm not sure of the exact timing. My last final paper this semester is due on the 14th. I'll be driving down after that, but I'm not sure how many stops I'll be making along the way. It would be pretty easy to stop in Huntsville for an evening though, so I think that will be on my agenda. I'll know more as time progresses. In the meantime, I have 2 presentations this coming week and then 55+ pages of final papers due the following week. If I'm posting, it means I'm procrastinating, so feel free to tell me to get back to work when I do post.
O_o

hey will, didn't you say you were coming down this weekend? cuz that would be glorious. i missed your call yesterday. i'd call you back but not now, cuz you're most likely asleep:ohwell:

call me asap!! btw, i've started playing PSO again:laugh: my mage is at lv.74, so if i get him up to 80, we can use him in Ultimate multiplayer. all my other characters are above 80.

....shut up.

[_-T4RN1SH-_]

Smash Journeyman
Smashbros.com has been so bad on there updates lately it sucks, althought i still go there and check everyday i dont expect much anymore. The last update that was moderately decent for me was that it supported 16:9 widescreen ( seeing as how i have a HDTV and all ).

I would love to know some new characters and such...

Sensai

Smash Master
That's cool and all...but is it some type of tip of the hat to us, who DON'T use items? If it is...is it a good tip o' the hat or a 'this game is no longer for you' tip of the hat?

Also: when did Mookie come down to Huntsville? God dammit.

ANOTHER also: I'm done with my paper. Finished 5 minutes ago.

[Edit:]

Probably old, but too **** epic to risk anyone missing it:

j00t

Smash Champion
Mookie came down for PersaCon... it wasn't recent, but you still missed it anyways. :p

theONEjanitor

Smash Champion
NNID
the1janitor
moogle and coach got fourth in teams.

and they BARELY lost to Xif and Marty, which would have given them at least 3rd if they won.

GO ALABAMA.

I'm pleased with how i played, even though I didn't win any tourney matches lol we didn't have any pools, so I had DP and JMOAN in brackets :(

teamed with rob and got rocked a couple times as well :)

overall, good tournament

SK8orDIE

Smash Apprentice
This weekend was bittersweet for me.

The bad: Ha. I had no business being at that tournament. I don't think I won a single round. And I missed out on some great skate weather. And I met some weird people. A fish out of water, I was. The "venue" was a public park pavilion and you could see the staples in the wood from where birthday party decorations once hung. some kid got mad during a match and stood up screaming, almost knocking over a Wii. real smooth.

The good: On the plus side, I got to hang out with you guys (Moogle, Coach, TheONEJanitor, and SaintRage), wax philosophical, and meet some other cool people: Darvel, Dogysamich, DP, etc. Those guys are cool and very fun to play with. Janitor and I teamed up to fight crime, only to loose to some really good teams (one of which was Bloshi & Moan). I finally got to play ihavespaceballs (he shield-deflects everything like a level-9 CP), Iori, and Reflex. Reflex is so fun to play against in friendies. he's good, but he's not there to crush your will. you can tell he just likes to have fun too. And Duchock cosplayed as Ness to a T, which I've decided should have been photographed. Dogysamich gets the award for most vocal. I got to watch Moogle play Reflex, which was a fascinating match.

That's my summary.

@ Majist: tomorrow is GO!

@ Moogle: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JX3VmDgiFnY&NR=1
delicious math stuff

@ Chad: yeah, i read his apology on the tournament thread. musta been some real dust kicking.

saintrage

Smash Cadet
ya majist, i'll be there for a bit tomorrow, but again i won't be staying long. I got exams to study.

I had a great time at the tournament as well, even though i only won like 1 or 2 matches. I learned alot from the players there and nearly everybody was nice and friendly. Even that dude with the shades who creeped me out at first turned out to be cool. I especially liked spaceballs, i guess just cause he's an awesome guy. i didn't get to play reflex, but i played tons of other people whose names i won't remember, only faces.

i didn't get to play as much as i would have liked, but i guess thats expected. other than that nothing particularly bad was going for me that day.

i think my proudest moment during that tournament was when i was playing my first singles match, a falco ditto. After taking me from 0 to death, my opponent was playing around on the edge so i down smashed him and daired him to death as well tieing it back up. ^^

overall, i had great time, and hope i can attend the next tournament we decide to go to.

j00t

Smash Champion
SK8orDIE said:
Reflex is so fun to play against in friendies. he's good, but he's not there to crush your will. you can tell he just likes to have fun too.
What made you come to that conclusion? The fact that he performs all of Bowser's moves IRL AS HE'S DOING THEM!?!?!? x3 Heheh.

I'm glad you guys had fun. Mostly your first couple of tournaments are learning experiences, and it's good to see how laid back the Smash competitive scene is. Except for that one guy. :x

I won't be seeing you guys later today, i'ma be hitting the books.

SK8orDIE

Smash Apprentice
What made you come to that conclusion? The fact that he performs all of Bowser's moves IRL AS HE'S DOING THEM!?!?!? x3 Heheh.

I'm glad you guys had fun. Mostly your first couple of tournaments are learning experiences, and it's good to see how laid back the Smash competitive scene is. Except for that one guy. :x

Bummer, man.

Yeah. It was great. I'm totally a fan of Reflex, even though I wanted to see Andy beat him and get farther into the singles tourney.

Oh, and some night when we're not gaming I need to bring over Heathers and American Psycho; two great movies.

Majist

Smash Journeyman
ya majist, i'll be there for a bit tomorrow, but again i won't be staying long. I got exams to study.

I especially liked spaceballs, i guess just cause he's an awesome guy. i didn't get to play reflex, but i played tons of other people whose names i won't remember, only faces.
yeah, you're the smart one:laugh: i figure i can smash all i want today cuz i'll have all day today, tomorrow, and most of thursday to study for accounting and calculus. that should be ample time for me to get everything down... i hope:dizzy:

IHSB is one of my favorite smashers. he's a cool, hilarious guy and his samus makes me :urg: did you see any of his stuff on his laptop? hi-frickin-larious.

ROFL @ Reflex. he made me laugh so hard when i first saw him doing that ****, whilst bringing on the PAIN. my favorite thing he does is when he's down-throwing his opponent, lol. that kid is so cool.
Bummer, man.

Yeah. It was great. I'm totally a fan of Reflex, even though I wanted to see Andy beat him and get farther into the singles tourney.

Oh, and some night when we're not gaming I need to bring over Heathers and American Psycho; two great movies.
Reflex beat moogle?! :O

holy crap, dude, i LOVE american psycho!! i haven't seen it from beginning to end, though:ohwell:
Dogysamich gets the award for most vocal.
lol, dogy is hilarious as well. put him and marty(GA Peach) or eugene(Renegade Marth) in a room together and watch the fun.

edit: this post took WAAAAY too long to write:laugh:

Top Bottom