• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Alabama Thread! (10/26/2016 update)

Majist

Smash Journeyman
Hey mooglez, please change my main to falco, or just add it to weegee.

Chaingrab to spike is too STUPID
:laugh:

those were some great games, man. i never got a chance to say that yesterday cuz Crashboards struck again D colon.

anyway, yeah, Falco's chaingrab just sucks. i hate it. a lot. there really was nothing i could do. i was smash DIing the whole time..... but you're a great opponent. we gotta play when i have more time. thanks for letting me join yesterday:) 90% of the time, i just join someone's game without talking about it beforehand. i like being random like that.

edit: oh! and tell Flash that he's got a pretty mean meta knight. he just needs to use more dsmash and less fsmash. you should play munkus beaver. he's got the best MK i've seen so far.

Majist

Smash Journeyman
Down-B and down til shut down the ground approach, up and down smash kill off the top at low, low percents. The grab is quick and long enough to punish downsmashes.

I wasn't outplayed because I was winning the matches, I was just really easily shut down and had to drastically alter how I was playing.
oh reeeeeally????:bee:
Yea man ill get on that tommorow sometime. I'm downloading the new halo maps as i type this so ill get to adding you tommorow evening.

Umm.... im not sure about Melee, i guess i could but dont expect much from me anymore from Melee. If i did play i'd prob be crazy rusty. I just meant teams in general cause like i said thats where i have my most fun at.
omg, i tried playing melee and i played as if i had never known what a wavedash is!! Brawl has ruined me in terms of my Melee game. it was terrible. i'm sure if i sat down with it and practiced for a while, i'd get it back, but DAYUM. i couldn't L-cancel ANYTHING. i even suicided cuz i tried to grab the edge facing the wrong way:laugh::cry:

i think melee is over for me.

j00t

Smash Champion
:laugh:

those were some great games, man. i never got a chance to say that yesterday cuz Crashboards struck again D colon.

anyway, yeah, Falco's chaingrab just sucks. i hate it. a lot. there really was nothing i could do. i was smash DIing the whole time..... but you're a great opponent. we gotta play when i have more time. thanks for letting me join yesterday:) 90% of the time, i just join someone's game without talking about it beforehand. i like being random like that.

edit: oh! and tell Flash that he's got a pretty mean meta knight. he just needs to use more dsmash and less fsmash. you should play j00t. he's got the best MK i've seen so far.
No thanks, I dropped Metaknight a long time ago.

EDIT: /sarcasm. If Iori played online i'd be seeking him out.... he's probably the best MK in the southeast, and this is based on the single Waba games tournament. :p

ahrnygoose

Smash Rookie
i think i finally fixed my wireless tubes of my internet and have reclaimed my ability to play brawl online (though it may still lag).

oh yeah, only mid and T1J have a registered my brawl code. as fun as they are to play, i would also like to play brawl with some other peeps. so go ahead and add me. when am i on? most often at night. thanks insomnia :)

Sensai

Smash Master
/thread jack!

I just finished Half Life 2: Episode 2. It's one of the best videogames I've ever played. I beat it in probably 2 sittings.

Have any of you guys NOT played the Half Life series? Cause, I'm honestly willing to let you borrow my Steam account to play it. It's that good.

[Edit:]

Man...so moving. I think I'mma go through and play the entire series again, with commentary on Ep 1 and 2.

So, ****, good.

munkus beaver

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0619-4510-9772
/thread jack!

I just finished Half Life 2: Episode 2. It's one of the best videogames I've ever played. I beat it in probably 2 sittings.

Have any of you guys NOT played the Half Life series? Cause, I'm honestly willing to let you borrow my Steam account to play it. It's that good.

[Edit:]

Man...so moving. I think I'mma go through and play the entire series again, with commentary on Ep 1 and 2.

So, ****, good.
I can't seem to get Portal to run on my computer for some odd reason.

[_-T4RN1SH-_]

Smash Journeyman
If you cant get it to run on your computer then play it on the 360 or PS3.

Yes i have played the series and im dieing to play Half Life 3 man.

saintrage

Smash Cadet
You missed it Shannon, Moogle, joot and I had a great smash session tonight. I learn a little more about melee every time i play. And now whenever i make a mistake, i can actually see it, and think about what i did wrong, then see what i should have done. Moogle gave some words of wisdom that only seem to truly come out when you are playing him.

Anyway i should have my Wifi up by the end of this week (crosses fingers) and i guess no one else is maining the IC's 0o, i feel so alone. Its ok, you all with get good practice from tournys off me pretty soon >.<. I doubt they'll be anygood online though, those chain grabs take serious timing.

theONEjanitor

Smash Champion
NNID
the1janitor
im playing a little ICs.

and half life 2 is probably in the top 5 of best video games ever. i never even finished it but from what i played i would say that

Midguy

Smash Cadet
Chad and NES, what's the Smash scene like around the Jackson, MS area (don't know how far away from there yall live). I"m gonna be moving there at the end of next month.

Majist

Smash Journeyman
You missed it Shannon, Moogle, joot and I had a great smash session tonight. I learn a little more about melee every time i play. And now whenever i make a mistake, i can actually see it, and think about what i did wrong, then see what i should have done. Moogle gave some words of wisdom that only seem to truly come out when you are playing him.

Anyway i should have my Wifi up by the end of this week (crosses fingers) and i guess no one else is maining the IC's 0o, i feel so alone. Its ok, you all with get good practice from tournys off me pretty soon >.<. I doubt they'll be anygood online though, those chain grabs take serious timing.
i'm sorry man. i really wanted to go, but my lady cooked me dinner. thursday will definitely happen. and can we play this Saturday, moogle? we haven't had a weekend smashfest in a long time. at least, i haven't. you guys could have had one every weekend and i never knew:laugh:

SK8orDIE

Smash Apprentice
[EDIT] - Ok yea it really...... has to do with the connections because i played SK8ordie right afterwards and he had a blue connection when we got through. Its really weird for there to be button lag for a blue connection.
I think I had a torrent running or something. I know I had XBL running and sharing that bandwidth probably didn't help. There are a lot of factors that determine quality of service, so don't get too discouraged. Expect it to change from day to day.

[_-T4RN1SH-_]

Smash Journeyman
No no Rob, Blue is the best connection you can get online. Hell when we were playing i had my Xbox on, my mother was using the internet and so was my cousin so i had my fair share of bandwidth suckers as well :chuckle:.

SK8orDIE

Smash Apprentice
NESn00b, Reflex, and Chad: Add me, please.

T1J: Remember out teams performance at Reflex's Melee tournament? Too bad we don't have the means to actually practice teamwork in Melee.

ragnarock

Smash Lord
YO moogle u can put me on the brawl list, but i don't play online though. Luigi, lucario,toon link, and many others

coach

Smash Apprentice
hey majist, my computer case is coming into huntsville tonight unfortunately it will be after theyve closed pick up. I kinda wanted to get a head start on setting it up and was wondering if you could hook me up. If it's a big deal/out of your way, I'll just wait until tomorrow.

Majist

Smash Journeyman
hey majist, my computer case is coming into huntsville tonight unfortunately it will be after theyve closed pick up. I kinda wanted to get a head start on setting it up and was wondering if you could hook me up. If it's a big deal/out of your way, I'll just wait until tomorrow.
i can check into it for you tomorrow. if the delivery doesn't require a signature, i can pick it up and get with you whenever's convenient for you.

just to clarify, this is shipping UPS, yes?

coach

Smash Apprentice
yeah, but if it's not tonight ill just wait until it comes out tomorrow. I assume itll get to me in the afternoon which is fine. Just nevermind, Thanks anyway.

Top Bottom