• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Alabama Thread! (10/26/2016 update)

Duchock

Smash Journeyman
I've got a couch & flooring in a dorm that is almost always unsupervised. I'd love it if I could return the favor of housing you for driving me to that one tourny, Moogle. I could probably house... 6 or so people, provided they don't mind an absense of bedding.

GeorgeTHPS

Smash Journeyman
NNID
GeorgeThePlushie
3DS FC
1676-3689-8314
Hate to be a pain, Moogle, but go ahead and add Donkey Kong to my characters as well. D:

Sensai

Smash Master
I too hate to be a pain...but my main is definitely now Snake. I haven't played Olimar since my Wii broke about a month ago.

Jeah..so, just Snake. :-D He's really god **** fun.

@ Coach: My scout is getting much MUCH better, thanks for the tips. And now, I'm really going to bed.

saintrage

Smash Cadet
Man everyone is playing Snake >.< I'll just have to play him too. I didn't really know how to play him till i watched Rob and moogle play him. Now i realize he's not too hard to figure out and i think I'll have fun with his mind games.

Also, IC's are the most technical character in the game. I think once mastered, they will be more fun to play than snake, for me at least. I've discovered so many useful things with them that i need to implement into my game, it will make them tough to beat. Any anyway, I've always been drawn to technical characters, so they are perfect for me.

Plus that chain grab combo to spike off the edge/Nana edgehog i pulled in Majist was the first thing i ever did in brawl that gave me the same feeling as melee.

moogle

Smash Ace
We found some lost treasures in our couch, one of which is a watch. I remember someone asking me if I had seen a watch possibly lost in my apartment. Well here it is. My prime suspect for the owner of the watch is munkus.

Secondly, it turns out my family's gonna be in Tuscaloosa on Friday instead of Sunday. I might stay with them Friday night. We'll see.

saintrage

Smash Cadet
We found some lost treasures in our couch, one of which is a watch. I remember someone asking me if I had seen a watch possibly lost in my apartment. Well here it is. My prime suspect for the owner of the watch is munkus.

Secondly, it turns out my family's gonna be in Tuscaloosa on Friday instead of Sunday. I might stay with them Friday night. We'll see.
Moogle i hope you are kidding me because i think thats my watch >.< not munkus's. If it says I <3 U engraved on the bottom of the clip of the watch, the part used to take it on and off, then its mine. Also it would be a fossil watch.

I will be extremely grateful if that is my watch. Let me know as soon as possible, thanks moogle.

SK8orDIE

Smash Apprentice
Can I just quickly claim OG (ORIGINAL GANGSTER) status on Snake? He comes from a world of landing lag and yet infinite possibility (Konami). And, TheONEjanitor, you forgot up-tilt. it's mighty.

that is likely your watch, then SaintRage. Also I read a few things from the IC's message boards that you mentioned and I'm glad to see Ice Climber nuances come to the surface so quickly. Keep it up.

theONEjanitor

Smash Champion
NNID
the1janitor
i'm getting online if you want to play majist. i think i still have yet to play withyou on line.

oh btw, i realize my snake post might be conceived as me saying snake is OP,
but i was just saying he's a good character which a couple of awesome moves.

he's balanced by having a dumb recovery, laggggg, and being possibly the easiest character to combo
and windown lag! what a concept.

Majist

Smash Journeyman
gah.... i won't be able to walk for a week after that beating. gg's janitor. i hate your rob and diddy. jeez.

your Ike's not bad either. i need to get good with faster characters. All my mains are slow!

th-the pain.....

SK8orDIE

Smash Apprentice
i'm getting online if you want to play majist. i think i still have yet to play withyou on line.

oh btw, i realize my snake post might be conceived as me saying snake is OP,
but i was just saying he's a good character which a couple of awesome moves.

he's balanced by having a dumb recovery, laggggg, and being possibly the easiest character to combo
and windown lag! what a concept.
Oh. That isn't where I was going with that, and incidentally, I agree with your assessment of Snake's pros/cons. I was implying that there is a Snake bandwagon, and I'm driving it rather than jumping on it (nothing against Bandwagons... this one is worth jumping on). OG was not a typo of OP.

And Majist, I'm usually at work from 9 to 5. It's what I do.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/OG:_Original_Gangster

theONEjanitor

Smash Champion
NNID
the1janitor
Oh. That isn't where I was going with that, and incidentally, I agree with your assessment of Snake's pros/cons. I was implying that there is a Snake bandwagon, and I'm driving it rather than jumping on it. OG was not a typo of OP.

And Majist, I'm usually at work from 9 to 5. It's what I do.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/OG:_Original_Gangster
yeah i understand what you were saying. I was just making a general disclaimer becuase everyone has been fussing at me lately.

SK8orDIE

Smash Apprentice
T1J: Understood. You've definitely taken more than your share of heat lately.

New topic: Who in HSV is going to the Tuscaloosa tournament tomorrow and wants to come back Saturday evening? I'm thinking of going, but I don't necessarily want to stay down there all weekend.

munkus beaver

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0619-4510-9772
T1J: Understood. You've definitely taken more than your share of heat lately.

New topic: Who in HSV is going to the Tuscaloosa tournament tomorrow and wants to come back Saturday evening? I'm thinking of going, but I don't necessarily want to stay down there all weekend.
If you end up doing this let me know, I need some stuff brought from home.

SunriseW12

Smash Apprentice
man I wish i could go to that tournament... SCREW YOU GAS

Also, in light of Majist's, erm, fear of you T1J, I want to play you now. It's always good to fight someone who is worlds better I think. It makes for more improvement.

But hey I might surprise you.

theONEjanitor

Smash Champion
NNID
the1janitor

Also, in light of Majist's, erm, fear of you T1J, I want to play you now. It's always good to fight someone who is worlds better I think. It makes for more improvement.

lulz. you should play George, he's probably the best person that posts in this thread. him or Reflex. Noob claims to be good but i haven't played him enough yet :-D

i'll add you though. I play this game nonstop so I imagine I am getting better at an accelerated rate. plus i get to play George and he's sick.

coach

Smash Apprentice
BTW, this thread is now metaknight discussion. discuss or gtfo. melee teams represent. big ups. this **** is real.

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
Hey; I'm forced to miss another tournament today.

As a result, I'll try to satisfy all your desires, which is to say, does anyone want to play online with me?

EDIT: I changed my mind. I played online for an hour, and it only made me really, really angry. I'm not sure if I want to play online ever again.

theONEjanitor

Smash Champion
NNID
the1janitor
Hey; I'm forced to miss another tournament today.

As a result, I'll try to satisfy all your desires, which is to say, does anyone want to play online with me?

EDIT: I changed my mind. I played online for an hour, and it only made me really, really angry. I'm not sure if I want to play online ever again.
you'll play again.

its like crack. you know it screws you but you keep doing it. :-P

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
you'll play again.

its like crack. you know it screws you but you keep doing it. :-P
I dunno. I haven't played since soon after its release, and I realize why there I swore it off earlier. The only reason I decided to do it is because everyone keeps bugging me about it, and then no AL people were on. Online frustrates me too greatly to turn back to it.

[_-T4RN1SH-_]

Smash Journeyman
I dunno. I haven't played since soon after its release, and I realize why there I swore it off earlier. The only reason I decided to do it is because everyone keeps bugging me about it, and then no AL people were on. Online frustrates me too greatly to turn back to it.
Ditto on that. I havent got online in quite sometime and the only time i play ( most of the time ) is when my friend Scrappy gets on because of there not being hardly any noticeable lag at all. When i play others the lag is there and i can feel it, i just have to put up with it until i get frustrated and quit. =/

GA Peach

Smash Lord
don't do it, reflex. playing fighting games online causes cancer, among many other things

SunriseW12

Smash Apprentice
lulz. you should play George, he's probably the best person that posts in this thread. him or Reflex. Noob claims to be good but i haven't played him enough yet :-D

i'll add you though. I play this game nonstop so I imagine I am getting better at an accelerated rate. plus i get to play George and he's sick.
Yeah I've played george. His kirby is really good, it molests me pretty much every time.

If you're in his neighborhood, it will be a good match, depending on who you play.

Majist

Smash Journeyman

i'm missing out for the same reason. rising gas prices and my Z28 Camaro aren't getting along very well at the present time. dammit, i need a motorcycle.

plus, it's my little brother's birthday today.

George, i see almost every day that you're online, but never active. i would love to play you sometime. i really need to better my game. I don't play a whole lot.

Majist

Smash Journeyman
so i heard munkus won doubles at the UA tourney today. that makes me mad, cuz i was gonna be his partner. i don't know who his partner was, but apparently he's not as good as i am. but munkus said it wasn't like he was carrying the team at all.

moogle won third place, george won second.

i haven't heard anything about singles yet. i think munkus' cell phone is dead now, lol

if anyone wants to be online, i'll probly be on at a later hour. i'll keep this page up.

theONEjanitor

Smash Champion
NNID
the1janitor
Singles results

1: Munkus $132
2: theONEjanitor $66
3: Moogle $22
4: George
5: Phantom
5: Midguy
7: Pr0t0