• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Alabama Thread! (10/26/2016 update)

Majist

Smash Journeyman
It's funny how Brawl is bringing such expensive door fees that I never saw in a Melee tournament, unless i just missed those. I've never heard of a $20 door fee. **** that.

GeorgeTHPS

Smash Journeyman
NNID
GeorgeThePlushie
3DS FC
1676-3689-8314
Impact Clash is a huge fighting game tournament. It's more than just Brawl. Melee will be there too, along with Street Fighter, Tekken, Marvel, Guilty Gear, Soul Calibur, and all those other games. Food is also included with the $20.

Will_

Smash Journeyman
And if you bring a Brawl + Wii / TV with you to be used in the tourney, you are exempted of the door fee.

Any ideas on how to get me over to bham, George?

Will_

Smash Journeyman
Holy crap yes, four people can fit in Duchock's car I hope(or Nes noob's if he wants to use his).

Then we all split gas four ways. :] Hurray, I can actually make it there!

Duchock

Smash Journeyman
Holy crap yes, four people can fit in Duchock's car I hope(or Nes noob's if he wants to use his).

Then we all split gas four ways. :] Hurray, I can actually make it there!
Four people can fit, yes. The back's kinda cramped, but I'll volunteer myself to suffer. The trunk's huge, though, so TVs and the such shouldn't be a problem.

Also, anyone wanna borrow a Ness hat? I know you doooo!

Edit: and I'm pretty sure Will lives in Huntsville, so it'd be kinda really outta the way for you, NES.

Will_

Smash Journeyman
I'm sorry I live so far out of the way. ;_;

I'll see if my folks can drop me off in bham. If not, I'm willing to pay $30 to get me to bham somehow.

Will_

Smash Journeyman
Ok, I can get a drop-off to bham. Only problem now is, depending on how early you guys want to leave, should I be there friday evening and stay the night or should I get there in the morning?

GeorgeTHPS

Smash Journeyman
NNID
GeorgeThePlushie
3DS FC
1676-3689-8314
That sounds like it's more up to NES n00b or Duchock--depending on whose car we'll be using.

NES n00b

Smash Master
Oxford, Mississippi. . . . permanent n00b
That sounds like it's more up to NES n00b or Duchock--depending on whose car we'll be using.
Depends on the housing in Alabama. Since if I would probably be driving, the trip to bham and then to atlanta will be 6 and a half hours (probably more). I definitely would rather be on the road friday and either be housed in bham or atlanta....I don't think there will be that much in housing in Atlanta, though.

Duchock

Smash Journeyman
I dunno. I'm going to VGL tonight, then I'm heading back to Jasper on Friday. I would offer up my (parent's) appartment for Friday night sleeping, but my Grandfather's currently occupying it and I won't be around. I would kinda like to leave real early since they want people who're bringing stuff to get there by 10:30. That means, given it would take 2 and 1/2 hours to get there, 3 and 1/2 counting the time change, we'd have to leave here around 7:00. Notice the loads of wishful thinking I'm doing here?

[_-T4RN1SH-_]

Smash Journeyman
Well if everyone whos going to this would've decided a bit earlier then i could've got 2 hotel rooms for a discount at a H-Inn but its too late now. Just to let you guys know any time im able to go to an out of town/state tourny i can almost always get a hotel room for 30 - 40 $ a night so yea. ( My mother works at a H-Inn so she gets the employee discount )

theONEjanitor

Smash Champion
NNID
the1janitor
guys i forgot how beastly my diddy kong is.

if you guys are in town on friday let me know we can have a smash fest somewhere.

NES n00b

Smash Master
How would people feel if we can get housing in Atl friday...or somehow someone let me stay in bham friday? Cause the thought of going to sleep in the afternoon and waking up at 2 and leaving my house at 3 to pick up people sounds terrible. lol

Will_

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, I was thinking of meeting up in bham friday night and then leaving saturday morning from bham.

GeorgeTHPS

Smash Journeyman
NNID
GeorgeThePlushie
3DS FC
1676-3689-8314
I have work until 10:00 p.m. tomorrow night. Will, I don't have an answer for you as far as housing is concerned right now either, but it seems like I'll be having trouble fitting around the rest of everyone's schedules if you guys want to leave Friday night unless you guys were planning on coming through Birmingham at around 10:30 or so. Leaving Saturday morning would work much better for me.

Sorry I'm so unhelpful guys!

Edit: I could probably drive whoever's car we're taking to Atlanta after my shift ends tomorrow night, and we could get a hotel then. That would put us in Atlanta around 2:00 a.m. EST, which should be more than enough to rest up for the tournament.

Duchock

Smash Journeyman
I'll try to keep an eye on this thread... I'm gonna be in Jasper tonight as planned, so that's 40 minutes til' I can get to Bham. Whatever you guys are planning, I'll go along with. My mom's not too hot about me coming in the first place, but nuts to her!

Majist

Smash Journeyman
Don't put your nuts on your mom, dude. That's my job, and it'd just be awkward if you started doing it.

To the Huntsville crew: I'm sorry i had to duck out early last night, duty calls as usual. Brawl teams were actually fun! Munkus, you'll always be my teammate <3

I'm REALLY hoping we can have a smashfest on Saturday.

Duchock

Smash Journeyman
So I'm good with tonight if you guys are. My mom's not, but again, peanuts to her. And sleepyk's housing? I'm all in for it. I just wanna let you guys know that I plan on spending as little money as possible, so sorry if I'm being a ***** in all this.

And Tuscaloosa smash! yey! Let's get a large turn out for this one. I found out that there's a guy down the hall from me in Burke that plays Smash... both of the Melee and Brawl flavors. I would, you know, talk to him, but my crippling social handicaps prevent me, sadly.

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
I'm in Atlanta; my older brother is registering for the Madden Challenge. We should had a zany and wacky adventure, getting lost for an hour...just in time.

theONEjanitor

Smash Champion
NNID
the1janitor
So I'm good with tonight if you guys are. My mom's not, but again, peanuts to her. And sleepyk's housing? I'm all in for it. I just wanna let you guys know that I plan on spending as little money as possible, so sorry if I'm being a ***** in all this.

And Tuscaloosa smash! yey! Let's get a large turn out for this one. I found out that there's a guy down the hall from me in Burke that plays Smash... both of the Melee and Brawl flavors. I would, you know, talk to him, but my crippling social handicaps prevent me, sadly.
i find that odd coming from someone who cosplays as Ness in front of people :-P

well can you at least put up a flyer in Burke once i get them made ?

ihavespaceblondes

Smash Master

By "crippling social handicaps" I'm assuming you mean how people find you intimidating because of how sexy you are?

Duchock

Smash Journeyman
i find that odd coming from someone who cosplays as Ness in front of people :-P

well can you at least put up a flyer in Burke once i get them made ?
Sure. I can tell you for sure that I'll put one in Burke and force someone else to stick one in Ridgecrest East at least. And dress-up is fun, but when I'm forced to actually, you know... interact with people, then it gets a little iffy...

Oh, that reminds me! There was a Ness at Video Games Live last night. I nearly **** myself with glee. There was also a pretty spikey Lars Umlaut, a pretty good female reno, and a pong costume which looked hastily made.
By "crippling social handicaps" I'm assuming you mean how people find you intimidating because of how sexy you are?
Oh, you're making me blush. If only the men in Alabama thought the same about me, then most of my problems would be solved. But rly, I think I have something. Maybe just an aversion to meeting new people... or talking to people I don't know... or doing things alone. You know, that sorta stuff.

GeorgeTHPS

Smash Journeyman
NNID
GeorgeThePlushie
3DS FC
1676-3689-8314
Speaking of VGL, I probably would have gone had I not been covering a shift for someone that was performing.

ihavespaceblondes

Smash Master
Maybe just an aversion to meeting new people... or talking to people I don't know... or doing things alone. You know, that sorta stuff.
Well, I'm not a psychiatrist, but it sounds to me like you have an incurable case of normalius humanosis. Symptoms include an average lifespan of 80 years, hair growing out of the top of your head, and a fleshy skin-like covering around your muscles and internal organs.

GeorgeTHPS

Smash Journeyman
NNID
GeorgeThePlushie
3DS FC
1676-3689-8314
I have work until 10:00 at Vulcan GameBox. I think that's where Will is going to be too.

5192 Caldwell Mill Rd
Hoover, AL 35244

My cell phone number is 205.568.2183 if you need to contact me.

Will_

Smash Journeyman
Ok, I'll meet George at gamebox most likely around 9:00 pm. I'll get to packing.

NES n00b

Smash Master
Alright, I guess I'll meet you guys there too. Ya'll're still planning on taking my ride, right?
If so I don't have to drive 7 hours total. =D.....just 3 and a half. :(

I am going to be extremely late it seems. So the time i get there will be upwards of 11:00.

If you guys are gonna meet someone where else or something, call 228 229 5168

j00t

Smash Champion
Don't put your nuts on your mom, dude. That's my job, and it'd just be awkward if you started doing it.

To the Huntsville crew: I'm sorry i had to duck out early last night, duty calls as usual. Brawl teams were actually fun! Munkus, you'll always be my teammate <3

I'm REALLY hoping we can have a smashfest on Saturday.
Yes, we must smash on Saturday. I wanna practice Falcon more. He's so sexy.

Zida

Smash Rookie
I live in Huntsville. My main is Olimar, but I'm good with Marth, Falco, and Ike.

Top Bottom