• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Alabama Thread! (10/26/2016 update)

theONEjanitor

Smash Champion
NNID
the1janitor
online is alright if you're playing against decent players.

but when you're playing against idiots that you can't adequately punish for their mistakes, that's when it gets frustrating

theONEjanitor

Smash Champion
NNID
the1janitor
so guys, diddy can't grab the ledge backwards after his up b wtf

and i have concluded that diddy is way too low on the tier list
diddy counters snake, and is probably metaknight's hardest or second hardest matchup

the only people who really beat diddy is toon link, marth, kirby, olimar, and lucario
and probably dedede just because diddy can't kill him

he absolutely ***** everyone else

anomaly

Smash Apprentice
If anyone wants to come play melee tomorrow (i don't have a wii here), give me a call or text, or if you guys are playing already somewhere, please tell me.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Where are you in Florida? I'm sorry bro, that sucks.

Majist

Smash Journeyman
online is alright if you're playing against decent players.

but when you're playing against idiots that you can't adequately punish for their mistakes, that's when it gets frustrating
Could not have said it better myself. I don't know why Nintendo doesn't fix it. MarioKart Wii's online isn't NEARLY this bad.

GeorgeTHPS

Smash Journeyman
NNID
GeorgeThePlushie
3DS FC
1676-3689-8314
*already voted*
That ****'s top tier.

In other news, this is what a recent disputed match claim on GameBattles looked like.

Me: http://gameroom.gamebattles.com/view/YOfxl9fsaR0.html (video evidence, got this **** in the bag)

GB Admin: Since your names in the game (Geo and JNITR) do not match the gamertags on your roster (George and theONEjanitor), we can not award you the win. Additionally, we've locked your team for two days for breaking this insignificant rule.

Me: So wait, the team we played had invalid names, too. Why didn't they get locked? Also, does this mean that whenever I lose a match to a team with names that don't match the roster, that I can get away with disputing and won't have the loss counted against me?

GB Admin: We have no way of confirming whether or not the team in your video is the team you were scheduled to play. It would be easy to forge evidence by setting up a video of your team against other people who just use the opponent's tags as their in-game names and win against them. We don't bother checking friend codes. As long as the names match, we're happy.

I don't understand how your plan to avoid losses to teams with the wrong names would work even though it would go exactly like this dispute did. Explain please.

Sensai

Smash Master
I've been kinda ****ed into not voting.

I had registered to vote and was prepared to make the 6 hour drive to and from Birmingham to vote...but I can't, as the time I would need to spend driving conflicts with when I HAVE to go do a paper.

And I doubt my 1 vote for a liberal candidate in Alabama's going to be worth a **** anyways.

GeorgeTHPS

Smash Journeyman
NNID
GeorgeThePlushie
3DS FC
1676-3689-8314
Well that's better than Alabama, which gets like 10 people or less at every tournament.

Will_

Smash Journeyman
I would practice brawl everyday if there were 60+ man monthlies over here.

theONEjanitor

Smash Champion
NNID
the1janitor
That ****'s top tier.

In other news, this is what a recent disputed match claim on GameBattles looked like.

Me: http://gameroom.gamebattles.com/view/YOfxl9fsaR0.html (video evidence, got this **** in the bag)

GB Admin: Since your names in the game (Geo and JNITR) do not match the gamertags on your roster (George and theONEjanitor), we can not award you the win. Additionally, we've locked your team for two days for breaking this insignificant rule.

Me: So wait, the team we played had invalid names, too. Why didn't they get locked? Also, does this mean that whenever I lose a match to a team with names that don't match the roster, that I can get away with disputing and won't have the loss counted against me?

GB Admin: We have no way of confirming whether or not the team in your video is the team you were scheduled to play. It would be easy to forge evidence by setting up a video of your team against other people who just use the opponent's tags as their in-game names and win against them. We don't bother checking friend codes. As long as the names match, we're happy.

I don't understand how your plan to avoid losses to teams with the wrong names would work even though it would go exactly like this dispute did. Explain please.

It took me a min to realize that you edited some of this convo. at first i was like wow what a sarcastic ******* lol

Since your names in the game (Geo and JNITR) do not match the gamertags on your roster (George and theONEjanitor),
LMFAO

GeorgeTHPS

Smash Journeyman
NNID
GeorgeThePlushie
3DS FC
1676-3689-8314
I was actually kind of just screwing around. Especially at the end with the thunder jolt spam, but he couldn't get past it at all. Pikachu has no answer to Kirbychu.

theONEjanitor

Smash Champion
NNID
the1janitor
I was actually kind of just screwing around. Especially at the end with the thunder jolt spam, but he couldn't get past it at all. Pikachu has no answer to Kirbychu.
yeah i was originally gonna share stocks but i was like ehhh, this'll probably be fun to watch

GeorgeTHPS

Smash Journeyman
NNID
GeorgeThePlushie
3DS FC
1676-3689-8314
Coming soon to a video website you most likely visit once per day, teams videos from Vulcan GameBox Brawl Tournament III! Due to only the most popular demand. That and they're actually pretty good.

Will_

Smash Journeyman
That gamebattle thing looks like a real load of crap. You'd think they were related to your opponents or something.

And George, could you upload that team battle match? Please? :]

EDIT: That is a scary coincidence.

GeorgeTHPS

Smash Journeyman
NNID
GeorgeThePlushie
3DS FC
1676-3689-8314
So as I was editing video for the grand finals matches, I noticed that you guys started the second set after Will_ and 3GOD had only won 3 games instead of 4. The second set went to 4 wins, though. Not a huge deal, just something I thought I'd point out. Videos are being posted by the way.

Edit: Videos are done uploading.
http://www.youtube.com/user/GeorgeThePlushie

theONEjanitor

Smash Champion
NNID
the1janitor
hay george if you fight any not-too-laggy matches onlne where you **** consider capturing it and sending it to me so i can use it for the AL combo vid.

Sensai

Smash Master
<-owner of a partial red state John.

You're right, Janitor. I'm completely unsure of how Obama secured that many votes (besides the fact that McCain's an idiot) in Alabama.

[Edit:]

All the votes had/have not yet been counted. As of this writing, Obama has 46%.

Sensai

Smash Master
As of THIS writing, Obama only secured 40% of the Alabama votes, whereas McCain got 59%.

....meaning, red state Johns all around!

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
OBAMA FOR BRAWL!

Filler. I'm glad America made the right choice. Say hello to your forty-fourth President of the United States.

Will_

Smash Journeyman
I'm glad McCain was a good sport about it.

Here's to a more prosperous four years. Cheers and Godspeed.

Sensai

Smash Master
i guess Americans are smarter than I originally thought.
That is a dangerous thing to say.

You gotta remember that at least 40% of people still voted for McCain, and, although this is a bit in the past, Bush almost got the popular vote the first time he was in office and then actually DID get it the second time he was elected.

That's 50%, give or take a percent, of the voting population in America that is really ****in' stupid.

[Edit:]

And just so I can beat people to the punch, jeah, Kerry was an idiot. I'm sure it was a tough decision between Kerry and Bush, but...I'm pretty sure that the one the people chose was the wrong one.

theONEjanitor

Smash Champion
NNID
the1janitor
well in the last election Bush put together a well-orchestrated plot to confuse voters into voting for him, so i dont particularly fault americans for that

this time however, we have a clear majority of people who realize that one candidate is leagues ahead of the other.

I mean i still consider the american masses a mindless group of impressionable dumb****s (and probably will continue to until Britney Spears/Paris Hilton ceases to be headline-worthy), but this election they made me rethink my waryness of democracy in America

Pritch

Smash Lord
Kerry wasn't that bad. He wasn't amazingly inspiring, he certainly wasn't a clinton (either one) or an obama, but he was an intelligent person who seemed like he'd make a responsible leader. More than I can say for that other guy.

That was, however, a seriously well orchestrated plot on the republican side in that election though. I mean, the man is evil and I hate him, but no one can ever say that karl rove doesn't get the job done.

Top Bottom