• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Alabama Thread! (10/26/2016 update)

j00t

Smash Champion
I'm going to be in Huntsville later today (around noon). Mslano or Moogle, would you like to Smash at around that time?

j00t

Smash Champion
Jeez, you're all up early. (Or super late if you've been up all night)

I'll get your ***** out of bed and we'll Smash for another 12 hours >:3

j00t

Smash Champion
Alright I think I'm about to head out... is anyone from the Huntsville crew still awake? :p

Rigor_Mortis

Smash Cadet
I'm here joot, I may wander over and see if I can here the "clack clack" of Joot playing falcon through the apt door.

If so, I may saunter in and make you guys play against my Bowser some more.

shaSLAM

Smash Lord
kevin is going to the tourney on the 16th, elv8.
but thats all i know for sure.

and im going!!!!!!!!!!!

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
I just bought this:

It's the size of a regular classic controller, but with a more ergonomic design.

First is the sturdy grip. I'm able to reach across the controller with my thumbs in a way that still allows me to keep a good grip on the controller. Hopefully this will mean less accidental side-b deaths stemming from me tilting the whole controller awkwardly.

Second, the buttons are even MORE sensitive. You barely have to press them to get the desired effect.

Third, there aren't any... I don't know what you'd call them... the corners beyind the control stick. Yeah, it doesn't have any of those. I suppose it'll allow me to rotate it more quickly.

In a nutshell, it has a comfy grip, more sensitive buttons which are closer together on the top, and a pseudo-gamecube style control stick (The exceptions being there are no corners and the top is closer to the controller than on the gamecube controller, allowing for even quicker movement).

The only downside, again, is button mashing. <.< It takes me more effort to break out of grabs because the controller is so small.

theONEjanitor

Smash Champion
NNID
the1janitor
You mean Shipley?

And give the true freshman quarterback at Texas some credit.

It's impossible to expect for a guy to play his first real game of college football as the lynchpin to a passing offense against the best defense in the country at the biggest stage in college football.

Especially since he couldn't have dreamed he would actually be put in the **** game.

And give Colt McCoy this: he ends with the greatest record possible.

45 wins.

Yes Colt, God does have a plan indeed.
the reason that Texas got more or less wrecked is because Colt Mccoy is the only above average player on the team.

Alabama on the other hand can have a QB with ****ed up ribs play all 60 minutes, and the heisman trophy winner out for a third of the game with cramps and still pull off a win.

alabama almost certain had shipley's number. the only reason he got those two or three big plays is because we werent sure what kind of offense they were gonna run with the new QB so there were a couple of mistaken playcalls.

but no I felt sorry for Gilbert, a tiny part of me was happy for him when he threw that TD pass lol. no ones gonna blame the loss on him, he played his little freshman heart out.

theONEjanitor

Smash Champion
NNID
the1janitor
lol i try to play online and my **** always degenerates into throwing stuff around with snake and watching them blow up because of the input lag.

why does it take so long to level in outland. alliance is ****ing terrible at AV in my bracket. dude i played an entire AV the other day and got 0 XP what the ****
THEY DIDN'T EVEN ****ING KILL GALV

i think we should all learn to be as cool as duchock imo

i think im going to FROM NOW ON intentionally break the rule where you have to say "i wish i were..." I WISH I WAS, *****. I WISH I WASSS

apparently we're getting better internet soon
so we might try streaming some smash and other gamezz again.

why do people say "you won't like me when i'm angry?"
who ever likes anyone when they are angry?

actually i think Hulk is ****ing awesome when he's angry.

i figured out how to play brawl. half of winning the match is doing **** that pisses off your opponent and makes them start playing badly. like whenever i play danGRs olimar, I want the match over after like 10 seconds into it so I jsut start ****ing playing like **** becuase im so ****ing frustrated what a ****ing gay character

also georges wolf doesn't 2 stock me anymore. sheik has this awesome move called forward tilt you should check it out

brawl is weird. in most games, you win by punishing mistakes more or less. but THAT DOESN'T WORK IN BRAWL. its like, oh **** he just did a silly move, nows my chance. OH WAIT IN BARLW MOVES DON'T HAVE WIND DOWN LAG AND SHIELD AND SPOTDODGE COME OUT ON LIKE FRAME 3 SO NOW IT IS I WHO IS GETTING PUNISHED.

that is another grammar rule i am breaking "it is i?" what the **** am i shakespeare or somebody. IT IS ME *****ZZ IT IS ME.

ask me an anonymous question http://formspring.me/theonejanitor

i am seriously considering cutting all of my hair off

a while ago, I thought that I sat around and played video games too much and needed to get out more, be more social, and get laid more.
so I decided to get out more and be more social.
the result: now I drink too much and I STILL DON'T REALLY GET LAID THAT MUCH
SOMETHING WENT WRONG

Austin im commin up to montevallo more often. these dudes down here are gay as ****. yall are too ****ing wild up there though, and yall RA's are strict as **** tho

Saki-

Reset Project
NNID
iTasya
Wtf is this ****?

xD

Bham I can't smash today. and I'm having company over tomorrow.

Jason if I can hustle $30 out of my parents, I'll use what I have ($50) to join

Blazblue
Street Fighter 4

and any other event that gets over 6 people.

shaSLAM

Smash Lord
nah janitor.
that is just in boss' dorm.
my RA is cool as ****.
he found out that we put a klenex box over the fire detector so it has like no chance of going off when we smoke and he just asked us politely to take it down soon.
and i owe the dorms money that im not gonna pay and i told him that and he was cool with it.
and people party so hard in the napier basement.
like forreal.
we have kicked 3 holes in the wall and stole all the fire extinguishers and smoked in the bathrooms and broke out windows.
and nothing happens.

but in the new residence halls they are super strict.
but youre welcome over anytime.
i just have no way of deciphering whether it will be a cool night or not.
things happen so sporadically.
its like "yeah im about to go to bed."
then i get a phone call and someone wants to drink real fast or something.
we just never plan things out ahead of time.

Top Bottom