• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

AlbertaSmash

David is way too cool to be seen with you in public

• yes

Votes: 53 64.6%
  • Its true. I am way too cool to be seen with you in public.

Votes: 29 35.4%

• Total voters

FalseFalco

Smash Master
DumberChild - Accountant Extraordinaire

Calgary if you host before school starts I will come out (Dan will too probs?) and then we can all play roy together :awesome:

ruhtraeel

Smash Ace
The club needed to make a profit so that they could keep registration and maintenance prices down. They asked me how pricing would work and explicitly said they needed 50%-60% of the payout for the club. After all, we did only spend $5 to join it for a year.
I originally inquired that there were going to be a lot more Melee players, and that the payout should be distributed accordingly, but apparently they couldn't find out what to do, so they made every smash game have even reward. I should have made a formula for how many players vs the cost, like
Players * 8 = Reward

Tournament revived Kevin

t3h Icy

Smash Master
I still think we should try to get a provincial tournament going, and have everyone from Edmonton, Calgary, Lethbridge, Red Deer, Coaldale....everyone from everywhere to come! If we get something huge in Calgary with all 3 games and tons of people, we can also probably get OoP players, and perhaps some US to come up too. It'd be really beneficial to Alberta as a whole and it'd be so ****ing fun. Alberta tournaments have had Kage, Silent Wolf, MudraMoe, BC, and we can get many more too, and I know a ton of Melee/Brawl players would love to meet some of the pros.

There are so many people, we should get at least a legit 32-man bracket in all 3 games, plus I'm sure that Calgary's 64 players would love to play Superboom, all the southern Brawl players want to see how they fare vs Edmonton and vice versa, and most of everyone plays Melee, and I know a ton of people are dying to see how they fare against Sleak and this Roy god, and of course everyone from different cities that never play together. It would really build the community up instead of all these splits based on city, game preference, etc.

If everyone were to pitch in $10 or so, bring in setups, etc, we could have a legit venue. It might be tricky organizing everything and housing everyone, but we have a ton of good TOs like After Dawn, Alphicans, Bread, Shiro; I'd be willing to help out too (I run a community, I think I can handle a tournament). In Calgary too, there are so many players so I'm sure everyone from Edmonton, and elsewhere can all stay somewhere.

We have everything we'd need and it's all positives if we get a massive Alberta tournament going. Rivalries, hype, crew battles, meeting tons of new people, having ****loads of fun. Early January works really well too since everyone is on break and it'd be after New Years' hangovers and before going back to school. We have to step our **** up and get this going!

Ermine

Smash Ace
The club needed to make a profit so that they could keep registration and maintenance prices down. They asked me how pricing would work and explicitly said they needed 50%-60% of the payout for the club. After all, we did only spend $5 to join it for a year.
I originally inquired that there were going to be a lot more Melee players, and that the payout should be distributed accordingly, but apparently they couldn't find out what to do, so they made every smash game have even reward. I should have made a formula for how many players vs the cost, like
Players * 8 = Reward

Tournament revived Kevin
Dammit I just realized if you did this I would have gotten so much more for 2nd place Brawl.

>=(

Dezmu

Smash Ace
NNID
Dezmu780
3DS FC
1435-5832-6827
if there is enough interest for brawl/melee i can add it in the next major I host. I'll be having BBCS2 mvc3 and ssf4. I'd like to have smash int here as well, but I don't know if anyone will enter o.0

Scaphist

Smash Apprentice
Hey I'm not sure what all this calgary hype is about exactly but if there is a tournament that's gonna happen there, or if the scene is gonna get bigger there can someone make a thread or pm me? It's my closest location(3 hours away) and if I want to play more people it's the most realistic way for me to play.

Alphicans

Smash Hero
I still think we should try to get a provincial tournament going, and have everyone from Edmonton, Calgary, Lethbridge, Red Deer, Coaldale....everyone from everywhere to come! If we get something huge in Calgary with all 3 games and tons of people, we can also probably get OoP players, and perhaps some US to come up too. It'd be really beneficial to Alberta as a whole and it'd be so ****ing fun. Alberta tournaments have had Kage, Silent Wolf, MudraMoe, BC, and we can get many more too, and I know a ton of Melee/Brawl players would love to meet some of the pros.

There are so many people, we should get at least a legit 32-man bracket in all 3 games, plus I'm sure that Calgary's 64 players would love to play Superboom, all the southern Brawl players want to see how they fare vs Edmonton and vice versa, and most of everyone plays Melee, and I know a ton of people are dying to see how they fare against Sleak and this Roy god, and of course everyone from different cities that never play together. It would really build the community up instead of all these splits based on city, game preference, etc.

If everyone were to pitch in $10 or so, bring in setups, etc, we could have a legit venue. It might be tricky organizing everything and housing everyone, but we have a ton of good TOs like After Dawn, Alphicans, Bread, Shiro; I'd be willing to help out too (I run a community, I think I can handle a tournament). In Calgary too, there are so many players so I'm sure everyone from Edmonton, and elsewhere can all stay somewhere.

We have everything we'd need and it's all positives if we get a massive Alberta tournament going. Rivalries, hype, crew battles, meeting tons of new people, having ****loads of fun. Early January works really well too since everyone is on break and it'd be after New Years' hangovers and before going back to school. We have to step our **** up and get this going!

Hmm I agree. Mark (frio) has asked me a couple of times if I wanted to host a tournament with him, and I always decline because I think he's trolling me, but maybe I'll ask him if he's legit. I'd be down for holding another tournament in early summer at the community hall where ADAT was held, but only if there was good interest from everywhere in AB.

Personally I think Calgary would be a better place to host, because I don't think any of the brawl players there are willing to travel to Edmonton, or are even allowed to lol. What I am saying is that I'll only host if no one from Calgary wants to do it, but then expect an overall lower turn out :/.

Tyson651

Smash Lord
Players * 8 = Reward

Tournament revived Kevin
isn't the club owned by students?

what maintenance and registration costs would there even be rofl, unless uofc is demanding money, but i don't think unis ask for club fees do they?

Limeee

Smash Champion
the master yi i was laning with was so inconsistent :(
sometimes he would chase super hard and die, and sometimes he wouldn't chase at all when we had a clear oppurtunity
:009:

Ermine

Smash Ace
Man, you should have seen the kill I had on their Yi. He was a smurf too by the looks of it. He knew how to avoid most of Kennen's tricks. He was running away with his ulti after an epic battle and was behind his turret. I ghost past the last couple of his minions so my Q wouldn't hit them and then toss the shruiken for da kill hitting with JUST the end of it.

Would have been an epic first blood but some Rammus had to go and take FB from me >=(

Dragonz7

Smash Apprentice
Add me and we'll play sometime xD Ign: Mangoz

Im like 1420 but all i play is Annie, so im pretty scrub.

Hansel34

Smash Cadet
Dude, arn't you asian? This isn't how math works.

You pay $20 to get in one event, each subsequent event is $5. to a total of 30 maximum.

Then to be fair they split the full money three ways (I think they took $20 for pop or something) and paid out each tournament equally (whcih is stupid considering 64 had 1/3 the amount of players)

Authur earlier said there was about 60 people.

If 60 people ONLY entered 1 event, and no more then one event. The total cost would have been about 1,200$

Each subsequent event is 5$'s, however if only 30 people entered all 3 events and 30 people entered 1 event... that would be 1,350$'s.

but yeh, if there was 60 people who went and entered atleast one event, the total cost would be something over 1.2k.

then again... there probably wasn't 60 people that entered the events XD.

edit: fufufu, didn't read James response/essay...

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
holy freaking ****

i need to transfer to uofc asap. Seems like all those postponed dates/pushed back dates were well worth it.

where are you currently located edmonton michaels

Rush

Smash Apprentice
Well if anyone wants to hold something at the UofC let me know as I can definitely help. I'm new to Smash but I know the UofC system well. It's pretty much FREE to reserve rooms classrooms if you're a sanctioned club because I once booked a large room for a whole week for 4 hours each day and it was completely free. Again you also get two free four hour bookings at the conference centre per week (ie. where the tourney took place). Plus food&drink reimbursement up to $150 a year. Seriously you could run a tourney at almost no cost (depending on setups) if you do decide to run it at the UofC. And of anyone ever wants to start a Smash Club let me know =)

FalseFalco

Smash Master
did he lose at brawl?
lol
Well that means you have to come over. My grab doesn't reach that far to your house sorry.
LOL
Calgary is defs better... I could look into hosting something big in Calgary while I'm there...
I'll come
I think carl will win the next melee event, just giving you homies a heads up.
It's cause I broke up with Terry bro. All I do is play smash bros and cry myself to sleep.

shoutouts to brad for inspiring me to use multiquote

Top Bottom