• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

AlbertaSmash

David is way too cool to be seen with you in public

• yes

Votes: 53 64.6%
  • Its true. I am way too cool to be seen with you in public.

Votes: 29 35.4%

• Total voters

Crusayer

Smash Lord
It's just that you can't do the half circle with the stick all the way down otherwise you crouch.

sleak-

Smash Journeyman
Moonwalkings def part of my set of techs I use. I think if you do know how to use it It can help with spacing, edge hodging, edge guarding and some interesting mind games

:phone:

Tyson651

Smash Lord
You gotta do it really fast though (and break your control stick which is why I don't bother)

ruhtraeel

Smash Ace
IMO if you aren't Falcon and aren't using u-airs then don't moonwalk

If you want to end up having a controller like Paul's then you moonwalk all the time with Falco into b-airs

But at that point I would just shine turnaround SH b-air

KlTHKlN

Smash Journeyman
Im thinking about doing another tournament at the end of december at my house or putting up a little cash to rent a space for it. I just thought i would start planning now, anyone have any dates in mind?
serious question: do you want to waste alot of time on a tech that is almost useless? moonwalking is the pinnacle of hard/useless techs!
Moonwalking is legitimately a serious factor in good falcon players, other characters too, but falcon is obvious. link players use it a lot.

the weekend just before new years works best for me. That or maybe the 15th.

Serious question. How do you moonwalk in smash?

Levi put up images of it once. with sticks. those pictures exist somewhere if you still want a better answer

You gotta do it really fast though (and break your control stick which is why I don't bother)

basically this, it's not that it's hard, it's that it costs you about 50 cents a use because after you do it 50 times you need a new controller

Crusayer

Smash Lord
Does it really kill your controller that fast? Mango loves using moonwalk all the time. Maybe cuz his controller is a broken in spacies controller so it's okay?

KlTHKlN

Smash Journeyman
Honestly, most people I know don't find it that fast, but like, my controller standards are super high, I love unbroken-in controllers to the point where Levi opened a brand new controller one day, and by the end of the night I didn't consider it good enough for me.

But it all depends on the way a person plays, Riley went to tournaments with a controller and had such a badly busted control stick that 50% of the time you couldn't even move right

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
it drives nuts how consistent top players are. UGH

if any of us pull off the smooth **** they do it's hype as hell, and they do it constantly every match.

Tyson651

Smash Lord
I really enjoyed ken's commentary lol. He would contradict himself but always try to cheer for pp which made it funny.

GhllieShdeKnife

Smash Ace
ya ken commentary was the cherry on top of the cake at Kings of Cali, so awesome he participated in crew battles.I wasnt sure as the audience whether or not ken could hold up to ppu which i have seen some amazing stuff from.
whos coming tonight bithces

sleak-

Smash Journeyman
i also wont being going to fgcc tonight
but see you guys all on sat!!!

question are we still doing project m singles and doubles for sat?

GhllieShdeKnife

Smash Ace
i hope so.. i have been neglecting my climbers. sometimes i take a break from practicing them and come back better cause its all in memory. also project m computers are hella legit compared to melee, still not near a person but pretty good

ruhtraeel

Smash Ace
i hope so.. i have been neglecting my climbers. sometimes i take a break from practicing them and come back better cause its all in memory. also project m computers are hella legit compared to melee, still not near a person but pretty good
I actually found the P:M computers to be horrible, probably worse than Melee since they don't instant attack you out of combos and they don't powershield everything

I'm not going tonight either but I think Daniel is

Alphicans

Smash Hero
Alright so my plans for BC are on thin ice. I will be trying to leave tomorrow, but if this does not happen I am down to leave saturday morning to Calgary (I'll drive). So basically I am asking people to semi commit (as in have back up plans) to a road trip to Calgary. I would be driving up and down the same day I am pretty sure, so no need for housing.

Rush

Smash Apprentice
Yo I met Calgary Falco #403 at fgcc today. His name is Anthony and he's probably the best new player I've seen so far...

Also, anyone wanna team on sat?

Top Bottom