• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Androgyny/Cross-Dressing.

Rubyiris

Smash Hero
You want a cause? Societies' need to assign gender roles, effectively wrecking me from birth, until recently.

Sent from my HTCEVOV4G using Tapatalk 2

Corigames

Smash Hero
Someone who has a real, diagnosable problem should not be offered a solution rooted in fantasy. People who do that end up on the news when they have to explain why they thought prayers would save their child that they didn't take to the hospital.

Gender Identity Disorder (now named something else since disorder isn't PC for it) is very real. The solution found to end the symptoms of depression, thoughts of suicide, attempts at dismemberment, etc. is to transition to the target gender. K? K.

Ramen King

Smash Cadet
oh god, you guys are no different than anyone else who claims truth and is too intransigent to even peer at another view

you claim to know truth based on what you have been told, i claim it based on direct experience.
you claim that your reasoning is based on observation, but it is off something you read
something off some one elses claimed observation.

that is not knowledge, that is belief

Melomaniacal

Smash Champion
oh god, you guys are no different than anyone else who claims truth and is too intransigent to even peer at another view

you claim to know truth based on what you have been told, i claim it based on direct experience.
you claim that your reasoning is based on observation, but it is off something you read
something off some one elses claimed observation.

that is not knowledge, that is belief
What? So where have you witnessed a "soul," and when did you watch reincarnation? Seriously, I want to know.
Your logic here makes no sense at all. It's absolutely backwards. Obviously there would be no debate if reincarnation were observable.

Am I being trolled?

Rubyiris

Smash Hero
My mind isn't otaku much over animu, lul.

If anything, it's more obsessive over TCGs. :x

Holy crap, there's a Chu in the thread.

john!

Smash Hero
i've always wondered why having harmless yet unusual opinions is considered such a crime

probably because dumb ****s use any attempt they get to try and feel intelligent

Holder of the Heel

Fiat justitia, pereat mundus
NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
Actually we use science. The scientific method can and is applied to peoples' direct experiences, and everything that you are talking about has never achieved a working hypothesis, and the likelihood it ever will is unlikely because it has nothing going for it.

Believe it or not, I've watched ALL of the Spirit Science videos. Not just now either, I've known about them for quite some time, and in all honesty, I seriously considered them when I did watch them because my girlfriend (now ex) at the time was a follower of it. Unfortunately, the things it has talked about, while interesting and at times even provocative, states nothing scientifically or historically proven, nor can it be reconciled with common sense philosophical systems. Jordan himself states that he doesn't really purport a lot of the stuff he is saying as fact.

Anything that you have "experienced" is not what you think it is, it is simply misplaced value and meaning, which the mind does quite easily and commonly. I'm going to go out on a limb and say in terms of experience, you mean out-of-body experiences and/or crystal influences. The fact of the matter is, both have been scientifically analyzed, the latter is a pseudoscience, at most filled with coincidences or placebo affects at best, and the former has been proven to be an actual mental state of being experienced not because of anything profound, but because your mind is literally capable of forgetting where your body is under certain conditions and creates these sensations.

Not to say the some of the moral philosophies are absurd exactly or that meditation is of no use, for those do not depend on any of the consciousness nonsense.

Luigitoilet

shattering perfection
BRoomer
i've always wondered why having harmless yet unusual opinions is considered such a crime

probably because dumb ****s use any attempt they get to try and feel intelligent
Ramen King was telling Ruby to stop being androgynous because of some half-baked concept of reincarnation which honestly has nothing to do with the topic at hand. Why does that merit defending? It's like telling someone to stop being gay and then citing The Thought of Eternal Recurrence as if that had something to do with it. It's dumb and offensive, and it isn't "harmless" in that context.

john!

Smash Hero
Ramen King was telling Ruby to stop being androgynous because of some half-baked concept of reincarnation which honestly has nothing to do with the topic at hand. Why does that merit defending? It's like telling someone to stop being gay and then citing The Thought of Eternal Recurrence as if that had something to do with it. It's dumb and offensive, and it isn't "harmless" in that context.
so then what he said isn't harmless. my point stands.

Corigames

Smash Hero
so then what he said isn't harmless. my point stands.
"i've always wondered why having harmless yet unusual opinions..."
"....harmless yet unusual..."

"It's dumb and offensive, and it isn't "harmless" in that context.
"...isn't harmless..."

Harm-less: meaning it does not harm. Therefore 'not harmless' means it causes harm. The things he's said are not harmless: they cause harm.

john!

Smash Hero
whether his statements on an online message board constitute "harm" is debatable. whether they do or not, however, i stand by what i said because it applies to many other people i've talked to over the years.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Here's one thing I'd recommend. It's a reference to an infamous quote from NiGHTS Journey of Dreams, a game with an androgynous creature.

"Go over and touch NiGHTS and you'll see what I mean. That is of course... if you're into that sort of thing."

Also my school does be hosting Gender Bender Day on Spirit Week and cross dressing is fun. :D

cannedbread

Smash Lord
that's awesome rob. i remember we were cross dressing for fun as a senior prank in high school. everyone who dressed up got sent home and suspended for 5 days though. it was all in good fun but i guess they thought it was inappropriate ):

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
that's awesome rob. i remember we were cross dressing for fun as a senior prank in high school. everyone who dressed up got sent home and suspended for 5 days though. it was all in good fun but i guess they thought it was inappropriate ):
I usually wear my mom's clothes on those days since we are around the same size. The frilly shirts she wear are the main clothes I dress up in. She's so short. XD

Top Bottom