• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Androgyny/Cross-Dressing.

Rubyiris

Smash Hero
Don't worry about it. I'm just happy to talk about this~.

In other news, I measured myself today. Went from 16.8 inches for my neck to 15.25, and 43.2 waist to 42 inches in less than a week. My weight went UP by 4 pounds, though. The body is an interesting thing.

Teran

Through Fire, Justice is Served
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
Well he could have gained muscle mass \o_o/

Fat doesn't really weigh much etc

Rubyiris

Smash Hero
Gaining muscle mass wouldn't make any sense because I'm sedentary. I haven't exercised in 4 months LOL.

From what I understand, the body shifts its weight on a daily basis based off what you eat/drink. It's not uncommon for your body to gain and lose weight even several times a day. Atkins suggests paying little attention to your actual weight and focus more on the inches lost, since those aren't fickle or subjective based off what scale(s) you used. There have been times where my weight would stay in one place, but I'd consistently drop inches off my body on a weekly basis.

Huge difference between how I look now, and how I looked 7 months ago.

Teran

Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
Yeah weight does fluctuate all the time, but 4lb is a decent amount considering you've lost a decent amount of mass.

\o_o/

Rubyiris

Smash Hero
Could potentially be water weight. It's commonplace in the Hazmat field to lose an upwards of 7+lbs in a single workday due to burning through your water reserves.

Vinylic.

Woke?
Switch FC
SW-5214-5959-4787
The curiosity kills me! I want to learn more about this so I know what you guys mean. >.<
Really nice, to know about them and explain to others as well...

Teran

Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
Could potentially be water weight. It's commonplace in the Hazmat field to lose an upwards of 7+lbs in a single workday due to burning through your water reserves.
Could be.

In any case as you said, as long as you're looking better it doesn't really matter.

Rubyiris

Smash Hero
No, I must go to the absolute extreme! See the invisible, do the impossible!

.... never eat, block t. Enjoy death.

:phone:

Rubyiris

Smash Hero
I took the cogiati today, and along with speaking with other transsexuals, and crossdressers, I'm more confused about who I really am. My results for those who are interested:

Your COGIATI result value is:195 Which means that you fall within the following category:

COGIATI classification FOUR, PROBABLE TRANSSEXUAL

What this means is that the Combined Gender Identity And Transsexuality Inventory has classified your internal gender identity to be essentially feminine, but with some masculine or androgynous traits. It is very possible that you are a candidate for a diagnosis of transsexualism. You show a strong degree of gender dysphoria. At the very least, further investigation should be undertaken. Your COGIATI score places you among the majority of those diagnosed as transsexuals, the 'late onset' tanssexual.

SUGGESTIONS FOR ACTION:

Your situation is potentially serious and indicative of a probable inborn gender conflict. It is definitely recommended that you pursue further action.

The suggestions for your circumstance are several.

1. It is recommended that you seek help from a sympathetic counselor or professional about your gender issues. It is very possible that over time they will become increasingly difficult to cope with. Early determination of what you really need and want is vital. You need to determine if you truly are transsexual. Keep in mind, thought, that many alternatives exist other than complete sexual transformation. Partial transformation and many other way of existing are available. While you are very possibly a transsexual, COGIATI has determined that this is not absolutely certain. While time is an issue, being certain is more important. Proceed with investigation of your possible transsexuality or transgenderism, but with caution.

2. Some actions may help you to define your needs more clearly. Experimenting with living full time as a woman, taking hormones for a short time under supervision, or taking testosterone suppressers to observe how you feel are all viable options. Keep in mind that while it is very likely that you might be a transsexual, it is not certain. Do not take severe or permanent actions without long thought and the help of counselors and professionals.

3. Your gender issues are real, and should not be ignored. Neither should you rush into acting on them, however powerful they may feel. You do not fit the full criterion for the rarest classification, classic transsexuality, and so should be cautious, and open to possibilities. You may yet end up undergoing transition, and the path of the transsexual may well be your salvation. Be very careful, but do not ignore your issues.

4. If you have not already, consider joining any of the thousands of groups devoted to gender expression of various kinds. There is literally a world of friends to discover who share your interests. There are also publications, vacations, and activities that would expand your gender expression.

This coincideds a lot with many aspects of my life. Crossdressing at an early age, depression due to being unable to express myself, etc. I'm going to begin to take anti androgens to block testosterone, on top of my current regiment of diet, light exercise, and other natural ways to feminize my body. I want to take small steps and gauge how I feel emotionally. I will also find a professional to talk to about this.

:phone:

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
Somehow I missed this. I know that test, don't do anything drastic until you talk to a professional, or are completely sure it's what you want to do. I know some things can definitely interfere with that sort of test, like my autism for example, just by looking over it.

Regardless, I wish you luck.

Oh also I decided to do that test too.

Your COGIATI result value is: 120 Which means that you fall within the following category:
COGIATI classification THREE, ANDROGYNE
What this means is that the Combined Gender Identity And Transsexuality Inventory has classified your internal gender identity to be essentially androgynous, both male and female at the same time, or possibly neither. In some cultures in history, you would be considered to be a third sex, independent of the polarities of masculine or feminine. Your gender issues are intrinsic to your construction, and you will most likely find your happiness playing with expressing both genders as you feel like it.
SUGGESTIONS FOR ACTION:
Your situation is a little tricky in our current society, but not tremendously so, depending on your geographic location.
The suggestions for your circumstance are not overly complicated.

1. If you have any comfortability about your gender expression, some slight degree of counseling might well prove helpful. The primary goal would be to make it possible for you to enjoy your gender expressions free from any shame or embarrassment, and to resolve any remaining questions you might have.
  2. As an androgynous being, both genders, and both sexes are natural to your expression. Permanent polarization in either direction might bring significant unhappiness. It is not recommended that you go through a complete transsexual transformation. You might find a partial transformation of value, if you find yourself more attracted overall to the feminine. You are more likely a transgenderist, than a transsexual. It is recommended that you recognize that your gender issues are real, but that extreme action regarding them should be viewed with great caution.
  3. If you have not already, consider joining any of the thousands of groups devoted to gender play of various varieties. There is literally a world of friends to discover who share your interests. There are also publications, vacations, and activities that would expand your gender play.

Rubyiris

Smash Hero
Update time!

Now that I have a good job, that I plan on shaping in to a career, I'm going to start becoming more serious about transitioning. until I move out on to my own, I'm not going to start E, but next paycheck, I'm going to buy anti-androgens. I've also managed to lose a lot more weight since my last update. Hair is much longer, and depending on how I dress and wear my hair, I pass. Not the most pleasant pass, since my voice, and shoulders give it away if they really pay attention, but it's something.

I haven't started to present yet. I'm just wearing more androgynous clothes. Makes people wonder if I'm just a more feminine male, or a more masculine woman.

Wasn't pictured, but I'm just wearing a form-fitting red T, and skinny jeans. Even people who have known me since I was little didn't recognize who I was until I said anything. I got a lot of "Change your hair, I thought you were a girl." Of course, they don't know that what they think is an insult is actually a really heart-lifting complement.

This is as an example of what I look like when I'm wearing more obviously masculine clothes. sports T and basketball shorts, no glasses, again, not really pictured. I've been getting a lot of "Wow, you're a really cute guy!" when I dress/wear my hair like that. I'm happy that people legitimately think I look nice, but the guy part will never not bother me. :p

I think my main advantage is that my adams apple is really, really tiny.

kataklysm336

Smash Cadet
So I read the first page, and you described your feminine qualities as being 5'4 155 lbs at the lightest, which I must say does not strike me as feminine in the slightest. I came to the last page to see your progess...

C'mon, man you can't really be serious. I'm honestly not trying to be hurtful, and I don't want you to take my post the wrong way but you do not in any way look like a female. In fact, you look more male in the first picture than in the second. You have a 5 o'clock shadow! I'm legitimately offering this to you as advice, and mean no disrespect but you should reconsider this. Before, you looked like a normal person; not necessarily the definition of masculine, but not the definition of feminine either. Now, you seriously look creepy. People probably recognized you, and saying you changed your hair was probably more of a euphemism than an insult.

As I said, I don't want you to take this as an attack, I truly believe it would be in you best interests to reconsider this option and seek professional psychiatric counseling.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Ice Prince is here, he's the only one I know of who can help you here! I can very femme looking when I want to be, which isn't often. (Halloween) I would say if you want to appear more femmine naturally, start immitating your lady friends, honestly. They know more than I, and definitely more than the rest of the straight guys on this site. You could ask a female on this site.

Try femme posing too in pictures. You can always give the illusion of curves with some kinds of clothes and whatnot:

[COLLAPSE="What I mean"]
[/COLLAPSE]

Holder of the Heel

Fiat justitia, pereat mundus
NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
I'm confused, if one must imitate women, doesn't that mean they do not actually identify themself as a female? I mean, wouldn't feminine features be natural, at least to a pretty large degree?

Another question, doesn't the source of transgender-ness come from hormonal imbalances, much in the same way homosexuals are? I know you must undergo hormonal therapy, but shouldn't anyone undergoing it already show physical signs of such an imbalance considering that pretty much dictates what we grow up to be? Of course there should be psychological signs as well, but wouldn't their root be in the hormones, and not from experiences/trauma/etc.

Not making any accusations here, I used to date a transgender, so I was faintly acquainted with the idea so I'm interested. Also, what kataklysm says, anyone going through such a process really needs to be sure of who they are and what is the cause, because you can end up on the otherside, at one point or another, making a powerful realization all too late and/or just have a horrible time with the results. Again, not accusing, since I'd be assuming a lot that I don't know about the situation, and perhaps the topic in general. Mostly just inquiring.

Teran

Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
Another question, doesn't the source of transgender-ness come from hormonal imbalances, much in the same way homosexuals are?
That is not the cause of homosexuality.

My hormonal ratios favour and have always favoured testosterone to a significant degree, more than quite a few straight guys.

Just thought I'd let you know that.

Also I'd have thought gender identity wouldn't really associated with hormone levels, because you can have high oestrogen males and high testosterone females, both of which will confidently say their sex and gender identity match.

Holder of the Heel

NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
Alright, but could you then please tell me where it comes from? If it is not hormones, then how else can people be born homosexual? Perhaps I know less than I even thought I did. :laugh: I mean, I figured since hormones are what makes a male attracted to a female and vise versa, I was thinking it must be the force that dictates it in the homosexual case as well.

EDIT: Oasis, I think I've seen what you're talking about. :laugh: It's just another one of those hormonal things.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
I mean, I figured since hormones are what makes a male attracted to a female and vise versa, I was thinking it must be the force that dictates it in the homosexual case as well.
Something I saw on the Discovery Channel led me to believe it had to do with arm pit stink.

Teran

Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
Alright, but could you then please tell me where it comes from? If it is not hormones, then how else can people be born homosexual? Perhaps I know less than I even thought I did. :laugh: I mean, I figured since hormones are what makes a male attracted to a female and vise versa, I was thinking it must be the force that dictates it in the homosexual case as well.

EDIT: Oasis, I think I've seen what you're talking about. :laugh: It's just another one of those hormonal things.
Some say it is to do with antibodies in the womb.

Honestly, it's hard to tell because I don't think scientists have even found the underlying mechanism in the brain which causes homosexuality, but it isn't hormones because you can have very oestrogen high straight men.

****, American football players are generally found to have high levels of oestrogen along with testosterone, and I'm sure jocks are the last people you'd consider to be the typical limp wristed fruitcake.

Dude if I knew what made me gay I'd have been working to undo it already.

Holder of the Heel

NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
*looks it up* wut... I thought scientists had a good understanding of it, wow, just wow. Had no idea it was such an eluding question. My apologies. At this point I just need to back away from the subject haha. The hormonal thing I'm still skeptical on. I can get that we can have straight people who have more of the opposite hormones than most people of their gender, but I still suspect that isn't the same as a transgender who has basically the hormone levels of the opposite gender. But I don't know, not something I'm well learned it, so I'll just concede, can't really explain any of the inconsistencies that you're pointing out.

Dude if I knew what made me gay I'd have been working to undo it already.
Not sure if serious. D:

Holder of the Heel

NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
BORING. Let's get back to women's clothing.

You think that makes you Strong?
No doubt this thread is a success because of that picture.

If I let my eyes fall out of focus when I look at that picture, I can trick my mind into thinking it is sexy.

Being gay can be difficult.
Yeah I know, I was just thinking he might be fine with it regardless of haters and wouldn't want to change. Not pretending to know the experience, of course, which is why I wasn't sure.

Teran

Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
Not sure if serious. D:
Of course.

I don't see my sexuality as part of my identity tbqh, and being gay is nothing more than an overall inconvenience.

I mean sure girls are from Venus blah blah but whatever man beats having to conscious about your sexual preferences most of the time because something happens in your day to remind you that you're different and not everyone likes it.

And stuff.

Holder of the Heel

NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
Wow, that sucks Teran, really sorry to hear you feel that way. Almost brings a tear to my eye to read.

Teran

Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
Haha I may have come off a little more melodramatic than I intended.

It's not something that I'm particularly bothered by, it's just something that given the opportunity I would change. Sort of how I have wild wavy hair that I would like to have straight and tame all the time.

Well sometimes it can be a bit more boo hooish but generally it's not.

Sucumbio

Smash Giant
Writing Team
Screw that test

http://queereka.com/2012/01/11/debunking-the-cogiati/

Besides there's varying degrees of "Sexual Identity" so, just cause you look in the mirror and think "wow, I'd be a hot chick" doesn't mean you wouldn't also make an attractive dude, just means that your self-perception is leaning towards feminizing yourself.

Teran, for instance is hairy like an ape, has that outrageously good looking jaw-line, and sultry eyes. With a little work he could totally be turned into a hot chick! :awesome:

Holder of the Heel

NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
It's not something that I'm particularly bothered by, it's just something that given the opportunity I would change. Sort of how I have wild wavy hair that I would like to have straight and tame all the time.
With that analogy, I just feel silly about getting emotional. :embarrass:

As for online psychological tests, yeah those aren't very reliable. You need to be personally analyzed by people skilled in doing so, and even in that there is a lot of room for error.

You can take tests that check for personality disorders online, or you can simply look at psychological criteria for diagnosing disorders, and you'll come out on the other end thinking you are one disorderly individual, when more often than not, you aren't (or at the very least, not to the extent you'll suspect). For example, I could diagnose myself with shizoid, dependency, avoidance, antisocial, megalomania, etc. if I were to take the internet with its tests and criteria.

Rubyiris

Smash Hero
I'm not making my decisions based off the test. I mentioned that in the past. I've always had a preference for acting, or appearing in a feminine way. The test had some interesting, relevant things to say, and did at least help me consider my options. I know that without a shadow of a doubt that I'm going to at least go through a partial transition. I have never really identified as a male.

I have been talking to someone occasionally. He's more convinced that I'm what he calls "queer" which is basically gender neutral/androgynous. He does suggest trying to identify, and present as androgynous, and female to see which I feel more comfortable with, though.

As for the posing bit:

...I'm pretty shy. I have some pics of me posing, and doing some other silly things, but I doubt I'll ever post them publicly

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704

Yeah, it would be hard for me to say, even at this age if there was a remedy that I wouldn't do it. As a pre-teen, you bet I would have.

Top Bottom