• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Animal Crossing's Friendly Merchant: The Tom Nook Thread [CHANCES UP BY 100%]

Status
Not open for further replies.

yani

Smash Lord
Tom Nooks final smash: Calls Pete the mailman who spams every character with HRA letters :fuuu:

Veggi

Smash Champion
Hoots, you and I are waaaaaaaaaaay too similar. I feel exactly the same way about what you just said.

Also Layton.
GiantBreadbug, you, Hoots, and I are waaaaaaaaaaay too similar. I feel exactly the same way about what you just said.

Btw, the OP is ugly and I need to make it look cooler so people will appreciate how cool Tom Nook is. : ( Will work on later.

But yeah, tell me if you guys like the updated move set. The original was made before Brawl came out when I was but a wee lad. I think this is the best moveset I can think of. Well, until the new Animal Crossing comes out and it gives me more ideas. :)

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
I think the furniture placing should work like a mix of Snake and Kirby's Down B when done in the air. Very scary tool for Nook.

Veggi

Smash Champion
Yeah, definitely. But it shouldn't drop straight downward or it would be too similar to his up b. I think being thrown forward is still best, but still damaging people as it falls, like you said.

:phone:

Hypercat-Z

Smash Lord
I think Nook would only work as item trader/seller appearing ramdomly somewhere, somewhen in the story mode with his whole shop. As well as Redd.

Kink-Link5

Smash Hero
I was thinking the furniture would make a great Final Smash actually. Nook throws a bunch of leafs high into the air, then they turn into an assortment of furniture ranging from buckets to couches that fall on the field, dealing heavy damage when they do so. Afterward, the items can be picked up and thrown about, couches/chairs carried like crates, smaller items like regular projectiles.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104

A Final Smash doesn't have to be something radically different from the specials.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
I think Nook would only work as item trader/seller appearing ramdomly somewhere, somewhen in the story mode with his whole shop. As well as Redd.
I think it's been shown that even characters with the smallest fighting potential can be worthy of being in the fray with a little creativity. Game and Watch, R.O.B.... Phoenix Wright in UMvC3...

GiantBreadbug

Smash Ace
NNID
GiantBreadbug
3DS FC
5327-0910-4273
I like the idea of it being set and then doing damage as it "explodes" up if used on the ground. I believe that was Kuma's idea.

I worked up a Nook moveset pre-Brawl (that could use some polishing) that used an identical idea. Sheesh, I need to be unlazy and get that thing up here.

VictoryIsMudkipz

Smash Journeyman
AC definitely needs a character in the next Smash Bros., they have been a long last francise in Nintendo & have had reoccurances in Smash Bros. ie. Tom Nook Trophy, Resetti Assist Trophy, K.K. Slider Stage...etc Now Tom Nook wouldn't make my roster, neither would villager...etc etc...BUT that doesn't mean they shouldn't be represented, It would be cool to see Tom Nook send out his sons to attack like King Dedede & his minions or see Villager hack into his opponents with his Axe...etc AC can be realy possible with that being said......

K.K SLIDER & RESETTI > TOM NOOK & VILLAGER

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Tom Nook is actually in my top 6 characters for Smash, after thinking about it

GiantBreadbug

Smash Ace
NNID
GiantBreadbug
3DS FC
5327-0910-4273
The only constant presence (aside from the player) in the game is Nook. You're always communicating with him, and he's integral to the AC experience. Plus he's effing awesome.

trash?

witty/pretty
Premium
NNID
????
The furniture idea is legitimately one of the best ideas I think you could get for nook. I came in thinking this would be a silly character that couldn't go anywhere, but hey, if this is how he's played, then I think I wouldn't mind maining him.

Veggi

Smash Champion
I'm glad you like it. I really like the idea of furniture in a move set. It's very important to Tom Nook and the Animal Crossing series in general. It's also just a great addition to Smash. I think it goes without saying, but yeah, I would definitely main him too.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Not only that, but zoning is a really unexplored aspect in Smash. Sure, you've got lasers, but you don't see them getting creative with the zoning stuff. I've seen things like Peacock's special where she has a random object falling from the sky.

Veggi

Smash Champion
That's one of my favorite zoning moves ever. Snake is the closest thing in this game to a real zoning character in my opinion. He has two traps, then grenades, up smash, and side b. Falco may be the most effective zoning character, but it's because his lasers are such a nuisance. It's much more entertaining to watch Snake because so much more thought goes into it. But yeah, Tom Nook would be a really interesting zoning character IMO. Beyond his complex furniture game, there is also the pit fall and sling shot that can be used to control space. Tom Nook would also introduce the concept of blocking a character's movement because he can spawn real obstacles. Along with his zoning tools he also has attacks with great disjoint and reach such as his umbrella and net. That reminds me! I forgot to put in that he can use his fishing line as a tether. -_-

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
That's one of my favorite zoning moves ever. Snake is the closest thing in this game to a real zoning character in my opinion. He has two traps, then grenades, up smash, and side b. Falco may be the most effective zoning character, but it's because his lasers are such a nuisance. It's much more entertaining to watch Snake because so much more thought goes into it. But yeah, Tom Nook would be a really interesting zoning character IMO. Beyond his complex furniture game, there is also the pit fall and sling shot that can be used to control space. Tom Nook would also introduce the concept of blocking a character's movement because he can spawn real obstacles. Along with his zoning tools he also has attacks with great disjoint and reach such as his umbrella and net. That reminds me! I forgot to put in that he can use his fishing line as a tether. -_-

And the thing is, Falco's lasers are simple, yet stupidly good and not in a good way. I'm not sure what I'd do to change them, but that's another topic.

Another one of my favorite zoning moves is Trish's Peekaboo.

I'm thinking for the slingshot, it should be his FSmash, and he can aim it in the 3,6, and 9 directions. This way, he can control space horizontally and not just through the ground itself in the form of pitfalls.

MelMoe

Smash Journeyman
That's weird, I thought I posted in here yesterday...

If an Animal Crossing character gets in, I want it to be Tom Nook. He could have a great playstyle with his raccoon dog gimmicks & AC items. I always seem to forget to leave space for him on my roster.

Veggi

Smash Champion
I think pretty much all the zoning moves from BlazBlue are lulzy. BlazBlue definitely has my favorite zoners. The thing about aiming his slingshot forward is that it never happens in the AC games and it would be boring because there are already a ton of forward moving projectiles. I understand how being able to aim it forward would help him succeed in a match, but not everything has to be the best for a character being designed. For example, if Snake could aim his up smash forward, it wouldn't necessarily make him a more interesting character. I feel like the up smash I chose in his move set captures the feel of the Animal Crossing much better and makes him more unique when compared to the rest of the cast.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
I like that fact that you gave Nook the ability to flutter in midair.

I see what you did there. ;)

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
An idea for Nook's final smash could be the opponents owe him money and have to work to get money in a minigame-esque thing for a bit and take damage based on how much they didn't collect

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
By minigame, what I really mean is something like gold raining down from the sky and the opponents can collect it to get a certain amount, but doesn't completely interrupt the flow of battle. They can choose to ignore it and beat the heck of each other still, but probably are going to get major damage when the timer runs out.

I think it's unique enough while still fitting with final smash themes

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
After what happened with the Wario Ware stage, I'd rather not see that again. How about a beehive drops out of nowhere and starts going after the nearest person minus Nook?

D

Deleted member

Well, time to bump this with a question.
I keep hearing that Tom Nook stated that he used to be own a fight club and never lost a match in Wild World.

I am asking for someone to either confirm or deny this, and the best place to ask would be the Nook board, yes?

Gene

You're a vegetable
NNID
Fairlight92
3DS FC
3411-0266-8945
Well, time to bump this with a question.
I keep hearing that Tom Nook stated that he used to be own a fight club and never lost a match in Wild World.

I am asking for someone to either confirm or deny this, and the best place to ask would be the Nook board, yes?
I'm interested with the person who mentioned Nook owning a fight club. Give Nook a pink bar of soap as his neutral B.

Aipom

Smash Journeyman
I've been looking for a source to confirm this, but I can't seem to find one. It sounds familiar though, since I played the game

shrooby

Let me know when I'm supposed to laugh, okay?
BRoomer
NNID
shrooby
3DS FC
2320-6364-8294
I can't seem to find a direct quote or anything. I've looked on two different AnimalCrossing-Wikis and couldn't find anything (neither a quote nor just a brief mentioning of it. Since it's back story I would've assumed that it would be mentioned). But I have found many people from different websites stating that he did say it in Wild World. I find it unlikely that they could all be wrong, but you never know. Is anyone willing to play Wild World for hours until he says something about it? :laugh:

Aipom

Smash Journeyman
I can't find anything online, I'm about to play the game again just to try to find it :laugh:

MagnesD3

Smash Master
B: APPLE: tom nook pulls an apple out of his pouch that he can throw, if it hits the opponent then it disappears, when thrown to the ground it becomes a pickupable food item that heals like 2-3 percent. (Apple can also be eaten by opponent).
B up: LADDER: tom nook whips out a wooden ladder to try and get back on the stage, (properties are similar to pikmin ladder, and vine whip.)
B over: SHOVEL: tom nook pulls out a gardening shovel and wacks his opponent with it (ok killing move) properties are similar to kirbys mallet but faster.
B down: PITFALL: tom nook can lay out a manual pitfall right under where he stands (doesnt affect tom nook) if another pitfall is made then the previous one disappears.

Tom nook would be extremely light and weak, but with his interesting and itemy moveset would would make him a threat. His a moves would consist of various things around his shop.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Tom Nook should carry a Tommy Gun, smoke a cigar, and have the ability to call his boys to rough someone up

Aipom

Smash Journeyman
Tabuu has to work for Tom Nook in order to pay off the balance on his Subspace mortgage :troll:

SmasherMaster

Smash Lord
NNID
TelevisionGamer
B: APPLE: tom nook pulls an apple out of his pouch that he can throw, if it hits the opponent then it disappears, when thrown to the ground it becomes a pickupable food item that heals like 2-3 percent. (Apple can also be eaten by opponent).
B up: LADDER: tom nook whips out a wooden ladder to try and get back on the stage, (properties are similar to pikmin ladder, and vine whip.)
B over: SHOVEL: tom nook pulls out a gardening shovel and wacks his opponent with it (ok killing move) properties are similar to kirbys mallet but faster.
B down: PITFALL: tom nook can lay out a manual pitfall right under where he stands (doesnt affect tom nook) if another pitfall is made then the previous one disappears.

Tom nook would be extremely light and weak, but with his interesting and itemy moveset would would make him a threat. His a moves would consist of various things around his shop.
Wouldn't a jump rope make more sense than a ladder?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom