• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Animal Crossing's Friendly Merchant: The Tom Nook Thread [CHANCES UP BY 100%]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
Imagine if the Tanooki leaf appeared as an item for smash (Which I'm almost expecting seeing how it was so heavily advertised with Mario 3D Land, Bros 2 and Kart 7). How would it look like on Tom nook... Or any character who has a tail? Probably get's their tail replaced with the Tanooki one like it did for Bowser in Mario 3D Land.

guess I just answered my own question. :p Anyway's I'm all for an Animal Crossing rep, especially Tom Nook! :D

Metal_Sonic

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Darktriforce1990
3DS FC
0216-0895-5308
Maybe Tom Nook's other work clothes for each upgrade could be a DLC if SSB4 could use DLC.

Gene

You're a vegetable
NNID
Fairlight92
3DS FC
3411-0266-8945
Tabuu has to work for Tom Nook in order to pay off the balance on his Subspace mortgage :troll:
This...needs to happen. Tom Nook rules the world through collecting debts (and collecting character trophies, like Dedede in SSE).

:phone:

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
Does any Nook supporter (EUGH) have an opinion on how Nook's new role in New Leaf would effect his potential for Sm4sh.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
How did I spell "Katsuni" when I was actually attempting to spell "Kitsuni"... Oh well, it would have still been mispelled. =p

Anyway's I haven't even checked much on the 3DS Animal Crossing game yet. How's that game been getting on? I heard it sold out in Japan. :)

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
Animal Crossing: New Leaf is a killer app in Japan, and I suspect it will have a similar fate in other countries.

So far Fire Emblem: Awakening and Animal Crossing: New Leaf seems to be the go-to options for the 3DS at the moment. Stay more cautious with Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Gates to Infinity and Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
I'm surprised there hasn't been a Shizue thread. I guess all the furries will jump on that when it gets released.

Gross.

D

Deleted member

Does any Nook supporter (EUGH) have an opinion on how Nook's new role in New Leaf would effect his potential for Sm4sh.
Not much really, except maybe a Final Smash that involves the evils of real estate.

Gene

You're a vegetable
NNID
Fairlight92
3DS FC
3411-0266-8945
I'm surprised there hasn't been a Shizue thread. I guess all the furries will jump on that when it gets released.

Gross.
Ice Climbers will get cut for The Mayor and Shizue as an IC's style tag team character.

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
Heres how i see the likely hood of the AC character choices.

1. Player Character (Best chance)

2. Tom Nook (The next best choice after the player character of course. :awesome:)

3. K.K. Slider and Resseti are tied. (From what i've seen, they're fairly equal)

Not much really, except maybe a Final Smash that involves the evils of real estate.
Tom nook's Final Smash: Real life is a *****

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I don't see why the player character is such a good choice, since they don't have any sort of personality. They aren't so much a character as they are an avatar

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
I don't see why the player character is such a good choice, since they don't have any sort of personality. They aren't so much a character as they are an avatar
Did you ever notice that whenever a new series is repped in smash, they always start with the main/player character. They don't add the secondary characters until latter. it's more of following a tradition that is likely to continue in SSB4.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Well, as I said. He's not really a character

Gene

You're a vegetable
NNID
Fairlight92
3DS FC
3411-0266-8945
The character you play in the AC games imo is a bit like a Mii if that makes sense. He/she's just a customizable character you play so you can pay off your debt to Tom Nook and do other sorts of activities and jobs.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
The character you play in the AC games imo is a bit like a Mii if that makes sense. He/she's just a customizable character you play so you can pay off your debt to Tom Nook and do other sorts of activities and jobs.

In other words, your avatar is just a vessel in order to view the true main character, Tom Nook, and his story from a different perspective. You may PLAY as this reported character, but it's Nook's story

Kind of like how Vaan was not the main character of FF XII

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
Which still doesn't change the fact that the player will likely be added before Tom Nook. Which is unfortunate since i would prefer a character who is actually a character. (Although i would love to have both so Tom can collect the rent by force. :bee:)

D

Deleted member

I wasn't aware Pikachu was the main character of Pokemon.
From my understanding, it was the Pokemon Trainer, was it not?

Then, if the main character is always included first, why was the Pokemon Trainer not in 64?

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
The playable villager character is quite obviously the main character of Animal Crossing, just like the Pokemon Trainer is the main character of the main series Pokemon games (Pikachu is the overall mascot - not the main character of the games). Nook might be a major supporting character, and he might have more popularity than the Villager, but he isn't the main character, no matter how you want to look at it.

That being said, personally I do not think if AC ever somehow managed to get a playable spot, it would necessarily be taken by the playable character. There's a chance it could go to a supporting character, as some of the supporting characters are in reality much better mascots and even more well known (and popular), with Nook IMO being most likely.

Edit: Dammit ninja'd. :laugh:

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
I wasn't aware Pikachu was the main character of Pokemon.
From my understanding, it was the Pokemon Trainer, was it not?

Then, if the main character is always included first, why was the Pokemon Trainer not in 64?
I forgot about Pokemon somehow. :laugh: But he is the main character in a few minor games. :embarrass:

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Well, technically "Hey you Pikachu" was out before Smash 64. If that counts

D

Deleted member

Although, Pikachu is not the player character, now is he? :troll: You are. :awesome:

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
In FFXII I think everyone can agree Vaan wasn't the main character, even though he was the player character

He was completely unrelated to the story. Also, he was created last minute because the true main character was too manly, and they don't like manly men in the game.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
You know something? The logo for Animal Crossing is a tanuki leaf (or whatever it's called) and that leaf has always been associated with Tom Nook in the games.

And for real estate related moves. He needs a teleportation move with doors like Dr. Faust.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Guilty Gear. Guy has powers that are downright cartoony including swimming in mid-air as an Air Dash.

Gene

You're a vegetable
NNID
Fairlight92
3DS FC
3411-0266-8945
In FFXII I think everyone can agree Vaan wasn't the main character, even though he was the player character

He was completely unrelated to the story. Also, he was created last minute because the true main character was too manly, and they don't like manly men in the game.
I guess this explains why Vaan is so cute.:awesome:

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
In other words, your avatar is just a vessel in order to view the true main character, Tom Nook, and his story from a different perspective. You may PLAY as this reported character, but it's Nook's story
Are you... Are you joking, Psycho? Don't be this way, man. DON'T BE DUMB.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom